• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What does Dave Feldberg use?

taylortreece7

I am starting to work on rollers and I was wondering if anybody knew what discs,weights does Dave use for his rollers. And Or if anybody knows what he has for his entire bag that would be great. Thanks.

I caddied on Feldbeard's card twice during USDGC and I asked him what he used for rollers/distance, since both discs are white. For stable distance drives he uses a Giant and for rollers he uses a Havoc. Both are in some one-off plastic that is not sold in retail that he found at the warehouse. It feels and looks like regular star plastic.

From that video, the only discs I saw Dave still throwing at USDGC was the Giant and the Trident. He really throws the Trident a lot for control shots. He definitely adds a lot of torque to keep them flying straight. Really most of his drives on that open course were with Giants, Tridents, and Maces.

Ugh! I got so excited when I saw this, then disappointed when I found out it wasn't his entire bag. I've been wanting a new ITB update from Feldy and McCabe for awhile now!!! Killing me smalls!

Wait what?? It showed his whole bag.

That's the old in the bag from the beginning of the season. Their bag is probably much different now than it was.

edit: and sorry, by entire bag, I meant his entire bag right now as opposed to just knowing the 3 discs he relies most on.

Last edited:
What I like about Feldberg is that he did the sponser change correctly. He took all his innova out and but all brand new stuff in. He didnt just stamp up hisdestroyers and stuff with Lat stamps. He dove in head first and succeeded.

I caddied on Feldbeard's card twice during USDGC and I asked him what he used for rollers/distance, since both discs are white. For stable distance drives he uses a Giant and for rollers he uses a Havoc. Both are in some one-off plastic that is not sold in retail that he found at the warehouse. It feels and looks like regular star plastic.

I've got a couple of white tourney giants that feel more like star than anything, they're pretty sweet.

I'll toss in. I got to follow him during the final round of USDGC, awesome guy BTW, after the round he was definitely handling what happened on 18 with a lot more class than some younger players were handling their performances.

Back on topic, definitely saw:
Giants, Maces (probably only mid now between GL, RGL, and Zero), Tridents (He loves these things), Judges (2 white, 2 black), pretty sure I saw the Sinus.

Maybe saw: Saints or Escapes or both lol

What I like about Feldberg is that he did the sponser change correctly. He took all his innova out and but all brand new stuff in. He didnt just stamp up hisdestroyers and stuff with Lat stamps. He dove in head first and succeeded.

I believe he only did that because he was pissed at Innova for not getting him enough money so he was upset and just took everything Innova out of the bag.

Ugh! I got so excited when I saw this, then disappointed when I found out it wasn't his entire bag. I've been wanting a new ITB update from Feldy and McCabe for awhile now!!! Killing me smalls!

Not totally the same thing, but McCabe talks a lot about the discs he likes and throws on his podcast, Disc Golf Answerman. Very good show to listen to.

"Glopto" plastic is the shizz. Never really see it anymore though and it would be like 1 disc out of the whole order-- very much like opaque champion and star feel to it plus the discs lasted for ever and came in the most unique colors due to the blending of opto/GL. I had a TRULY pearl Riot that when from smoke grey/white to green/purple/blue.

I believe he only did that because he was pissed at Innova for not getting him enough money so he was upset and just took everything Innova out of the bag.

I don't know if that's fair to say.

I think he understands the marketing aspect of the sport better. And I also think he is a dominant player so he had them mold a midrange that he likes, in the plastics he likes.

Then he found the trident. Which, he replaced all 1000 of his eagles with.

Then he found the giant. Which he replaced all 2000 of his destroyers with.

It really makes sense imo.