• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What happened to the Ranger bag?

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
I feel like anytime someone asks for a bag rec in the $175-250, most people recommend carts, Grip, UPD, etc. with no mention of the Ranger bag. Has if fallen out of style? Are there just too many superior options?

A friend of mine has a Commander and that seems to be holding up well.

I've had a Commander bag in my Zuca for 5 or 6 years now. Not a single issue with it, was meaning to order another one since it's, imo, the most perfect bag for a standard Zuca. Haven't yet because there's absolutely nothing wrong with the first one.

My wife rocks a Sniper. Looks like a little Ranger. Uses it in the cart and on the back. The thing is in fantastic condition still, after 4 or 5 years.

Can't speak on the Ranger personally but I've had nothing but positive experiences with DD's bags.

Have had one for a few years. Still like new. Love it. Just bought a second one (with all different discs for when I want a change of pace).

The best part for me is the large compartment on top. Perfect for all the usual gear plus a hoodie.

I've got a Ranger and a Combat Ranger...they're...fine. I'm honestly not sure I'd recommend one over another bag at their price point though (or more specifically, I'm not sure I wouldn't recommend a cheaper bag or cart at that specific price point). They're a bit boxy, I don't love the way they feel on the back. I think it would be a great bag to sit on a pedestal cart like a rover. I like mine on a sled when there's a lot of snow on the ground. I haven't had any quality issues, but I don't use them all that much.

If I hadn't gotten mine used as a utility bag for things like the sled (and my original Ranger holds all my practice putters in my shed) then I probably wouldn't own one. I think they occupy an odd space in terms of price/niceness. If I wanted a nice bag I'd probably spring for the extra money to buy a Grip, Upper Park, or Squatch or something...or I'd buy something less expensive.

Latest posts