• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is like the Eagle-X in pretty plastic?

crd 81

Double Eagle Member
What other manufacturers make something similar (similar speed, flight,etc) to an Eagle X in pretty plastic?

Agree that Servo is close to a Star EX. Not quite as much turn or as late and bitey a bite.

Even prettier is the Axiom Clash, and closer in flight to an Eagle, IMO. Has the turn (once it beats a little) and the bite. Closer to a Champ EX really, but not quite as long.

How is a JL circle stamp Eagle not pretty enough (although they are pretty beefy Eagles)?

I'm stoked on this thread. Nothing is prettier in the air, to me, than an Eagle -- that slow glidey drift to the right before it hooks up. That line just makes me smile. And so workable.

PS. Pro shop gstar EX's are lookers. They don't bite quite the same, but they're definitely Eagles.

Last edited:
The Salient Liquid Vein is the closest pretty one is seen, their Cryo is pretty darn nice too. It probably has a touch less turn but still very close.

Thanks for the replies.

Aside from the color schemes, I haven't been impressed with the MVP/Axiom drivers.

I'm interested in the Stag but have read that it flies more like a teebird.

As far as gstar EXs go, how do they fly?

Icon rival? Some of the icon colors are really nice looking, and I love the way it feels.

They don't quite hook up the same. It's still a late bite, but not as sharp. A little more turn in the first half. Like a broken in star.

No, stags are really flippy. Nothing like their rating.

That's what I found out looking through older threads. Must admit, however, that it is some pretty plastic. Hmmmm

Stags aren't "really flippy" - they're like an Eagle, with a similar combination of easy turn and reliable fade. They're definitely not the Teebird like disc their flight rating suggests, but if you get past that, it's a good disc at what it does.

If you max out above 325', a max weight VIP is recommended, as the TPs I've thrown are less stable. They're definitely not wind killers. But I think it's a very Eagle-esque disc that is a great line shaper, and it cycles very well. They wear into great turnover drivers.

I bagged them for about a year. Enjoyed the mold, but just drifted towards MVP/Axiom. Also needed something that held up better in the wind. If you're interested in trying one out, crd, feel free to PM me. I have a few and would be happy to trade one to you or give you a good deal on one.

Stags aren't "really flippy" - they're like an Eagle, with a similar combination of easy turn and reliable fade. They're definitely not the Teebird like disc their flight rating suggests, but if you get past that, it's a good disc at what it does.

If you max out above 325', a max weight VIP is recommended, as the TPs I've thrown are less stable. They're definitely not wind killers. But I think it's a very Eagle-esque disc that is a great line shaper, and it cycles very well. They wear into great turnover drivers.

I bagged them for about a year. Enjoyed the mold, but just drifted towards MVP/Axiom. Also needed something that held up better in the wind. If you're interested in trying one out, crd, feel free to PM me. I have a few and would be happy to trade one to you or give you a good deal on one.

They sound like a seasoned eagle, which is not bad. EXs are definitely going to fight the wind more.

I will shoot you a pm.