• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the disc that everybody else loves...but you just can't stand?

WillACarpenter

* Ace Member *
You know what I'm talking about, maybe you're the one guy throwing a Rhyno amongst Aviar chuckers. Maybe you're all about that weird Epic disc.

What disc can't you stand that everybody loves?

Me? I'll pick the Wizard. It's not so much that I hate it...just that I like a LOT of other things better.

\/\/

I definitely haven't tried out enough discs.

So far I hate the R-Pro Skeeter as a mid range disc. Too many woods on my courses for R-Pro in general. I love the disc as a putter though.

Skeeter isn't a disc that has universal love though. Definitely a black/white relationship with that disc if you read the reviews.

I think the skeeter goes wherever you put it...but you have to be able to put it there. Also it LOVES snap. If you don't have the snap...it's not interested in you.

I've got 2 that I got in trades, my buddy bought one way before I got mine in the trades and if he's got his game on that day he loves it...but he just can't always hack it.

I just got a Discraft branded Tsunami (the one they make for DGA) as a Misprint from Play It Again Sports and I'm kind of liking that...

\/\/

I used to love the Epic as it can bomb but I got over it and switched to a Flick, but that was one I loved that many hate, which is different than what your title says.

I think the skeeter goes wherever you put it...but you have to be able to put it there. Also it LOVES snap. If you don't have the snap...it's not interested in you.

I've got 2 that I got in trades, my buddy bought one way before I got mine in the trades and if he's got his game on that day he loves it...but he just can't always hack it.

I just got a Discraft branded Tsunami (the one they make for DGA) as a Misprint from Play It Again Sports and I'm kind of liking that...

\/\/

Maybe that's it, I'm still developing so my snap probably just isn't where it needs to be.

man I have like...5 of those damn things. They just don't do it for me. I don't hate them though...they just lack character or something.

"so why do you have so many of them Will!?"

I got a bunch in a bulk trade for putters, I got one in my innova starter set and I got one as a bonus with a trade with somebody.

\/\/

The rim is way too deep for me. The Challenger is the only deep rim putter that is comfy to me and it isn't my *main* putter, the Latitude Spike is which is very low profile.

The Boss or the Groove, I see a buncha new kids out playing and they have their brand new shiny Champ Groove/Boss and can't wait to throw that fast/overstable plastic straight in the woods. Makes me laugh every time. These kids need to get back to the basics and learn to throw with easier stuff, such as middies.

There always seems to be a lot of love for the Valkyrie. It doesn't do a thing for me.

I second that. I think newbs hear that it holds the distance record and they buy them by the dozen. I've found more valkyries than any other disc and they are always the flippiest pos's I've ever thrown.

The groove is another real piece of crap.

The Sidewinder. That disc was just erratic and never went where I intended it to go. I ended up trading it to a friend before we played a few rounds and it did the same thing to him.

Also, I have add FLX plastic to this list. A lot of people seem to love and I freaking hate it. It's like someone took ESP and figured out a way to get it to melt in your hands. Too floppy for me.

Also, I have add FLX plastic to this list. A lot of people seem to love and I freaking hate it. It's like someone took ESP and figured out a way to get it to melt in your hands. Too floppy for me.

I keep hearing that but I've held a couple of FLX discs and have a FLX Surge (don't throw, too much for me right now) and I don't find them floppy. A little more bendable sure, but not "floppy". I like the added grip of FLX.

I know alot of people that love the Wizard. I have one and have used it. Its a great flying putter, but I have had more blow outs with that putter than any other I have used.

Orc. A few years ago everybody was going bat**** over this disc but for me, it just didn't do what I needed it to do.

Of course, it's always the arrow, never the archer ;)

This and the Walmart selling coffins are 2 of the most interesting threads I've seen.

Like your analogy Baz. Hell yeah it's always the arrow. That's why I've changed putters recently.