• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is the lightest disc wt allowed in pdga tourneys

j0128

With all the new discs and wts for 2012 how light can a disc be to be with in regulations for pdga tournaments? my son came home today with a 137 gram disc, we looked on the pdga web site, it says max wt for each disc but no minimums.

I'm pretty sure 150 class tourneys have a minimum weight of 140 or 141. Japan Open is 151-160, or something like that. Never played either though, so that's just what I've read... in Disc Golfer I think.

Typically though, there is no minimum weight.

I email Pdga board members and they all said there is NO minimum. That's why I have a blizzard destroyer @ 132g and use it for water holes

I'm pretty sure 150 class tourneys have a minimum weight of 140 or 141. Japan Open is 151-160, or something like that. Never played either though, so that's just what I've read... in Disc Golfer I think.

Typically though, there is no minimum weight.

None of that is correct, the Japan open has a max of 150 except in open where the max is something like 159. No tournament anywhere has minimum weights nor is there any pdga rule about low weight discs.

There should be a rule about rules.

If you are posting what the rule is you must quote the rule straight from the PDGA rules book. (Yanno, the rule book most people on here have not even read) :)

I need a 10m ruler for putting

None of that is correct, the Japan open has a max of 150 except in open where the max is something like 159. No tournament anywhere has minimum weights nor is there any pdga rule about low weight discs.

Well, look at page 39 of the current Disc Golfer.