• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst shot you've ever thrown?

Last week I threw an upshot near a tree. I hit the tree with my hand during the follow thru. It hurt and people laughed but I parked the shot. I've fallen off the front of the teepad and twisted my knee/ankle and I've sunken into nasty mud that was dredged from a pond but not during a throw. I had to be helped out and I was wearing brand new DG shoes that cost me $130. They're Merrells though they cleaned up nicely and still look new.

Pokamitch once grip locked his drive right into the trash can that was 2 feet to the side of the teepad. Hilarious.

I once missed a putt inside 5'.

This guy at the last tournament I played in parked a hole and put his mini down for a frop in but as he was bending back up from picking his disc up, his disc hit the bottom of the basket and he dropped it.. Got a 4 on a hole that was such an easy 2.

This guy at the last tournament I played in parked a hole and put his mini down for a frop in but as he was bending back up from picking his disc up, his disc hit the bottom of the basket and he dropped it.. Got a 4 on a hole that was such an easy 2.

How did he get a 4? When he dropped it, it is my understanding that it is only a throw if it goes 2 meters. Plus, even if it did, he would have a 6 footer for 3, did he miss that too?

LaVallee Links, Streamside, the hole after the stream holes, just before you double back to start heading up the hill. It's a 400 ft par 4 with a slight right bend. The course is relatively new and underplayed so the brush around the green is really thick, not to mention goes down hill to the stream. My drive was decent, but I still had 100-150 ft left to the green. I ended up overpowering my Comet and it sailed past the basket and down the hill toward the stream. What should have been an easy 3 turned into a very painful 7. I asked my card mates if they minded if I let out some profanity at the top of my lungs. They didn't.

My worst was a throw on #7 at Glenburnie Park in New Bern, NC during a tourney.
The hole goes maybe 150' down to the water and turns right maybe 100' to the basket
I'm a LHBH, so the plan was to throw an understable beat-in ESP Avenger SS on an extreme hyzer so that it would immediately turn toward the basket out of my hand.
Keep in mind I'm throwing an Avenger SS because I had a fairly weak arm.
That was the plan, but I threw it with only a slight hyzer and it flipped up flat and flew straight over the trees that bordered the water. I didn't even see when it splashed.
What a time to throw that disc on such a perfect hyzer-flip!

How did he get a 4? When he dropped it, it is my understanding that it is only a throw if it goes 2 meters. Plus, even if it did, he would have a 6 footer for 3, did he miss that too?

Oh:doh: sorry, he took a three when it should have been an easy 2. His first shot landed right at the pole, picked his disc up to lay it in the basket but dropped it hit the basket before going and dropped back on the ground.

Oh:doh: sorry, he took a three when it should have been an easy 2. His first shot landed right at the pole, picked his disc up to lay it in the basket but dropped it hit the basket before going and dropped back on the ground.

Got it... I figured it was a 3, I couldnt imagine compounding the problems enough to make it a 4

In my first year playing my buddy and I were playing The Player's DGC @ Alum Creek in Galena, OH. Hole 7 is like 300ft hyzer over water. Griplocked my disc and pretty much threw it straight into the water about 150 feet out. It was my favorite disc at the time so I went in after it, while my buddy laughs at me from the shore. Didn't even find it in the end :wall:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=3690&p=67967e90
^^Pic from tee pad

Tried to be funny at a bachelor party once and tried a 360 drive off the 18th tee at Shore Winds White. Perfectly seasoned ESP Surge ended up in Lake Ontario.

That's why I carry two putters. I always pull my second putter out in those cases so I don't have to pick up my disc or mark it before putting.

At Seymour Lk Park in Oxford, Mi I turned over a long drive and it just kept going and going on this huge anny and blasted a girl on the next fairway right in the calf. She was pushing her baby in a stroller and just folded. She hung on to the handle of the stroller and the rest of her collapsed. I felt pretty bad.

I once missed a putt within 5'....... in a tournament......

Sadly I wasn't joking.

So have I....Sadly enough not my worst shot....

Gripped locked one across a road and had it skip off the pavement and smoke a for sale scooter...HARD. The owners were outside drinking beer and smokming cigs....what a walk of shame

I had a drive hit off of a tree about 5' in front of the tee and end up behind me

I did this the first hole of a tournament last Saturday. Talk about a way to start a tourney! :doh: The disc was in some thorns and behind more trees so I took an optional rethrow for the first time ever and re-teed. Made par (4) the second try for a circle 6 to start the day off.

I have an entry on behalf of someone else... :)

bfcdaf16.jpg

The first hole at Como Lake Park near Buffalo, NY.

My brother-in-law and I finish up our round and are heading out. We are in the parking lot as two super serious guys step out of their vans to play some disc golf. The full on gear - quad straps, the bags, 20+ discs, the works.

We're looking up some directions and the guys are taking a long time to warm up. Finally one guy begins to throw. The first hole is 397' and there's a road left. Way to the right, past some trees, over a path, and past some more trees is a small river. It's 40' wide and probably pretty deep with a steep bank. If your disc goes in there, it's gone, period.

So the guy gets up there and is ready to throw an RHFH. "Fine," I think, "he must not be great with an anhyzer or a flex shot or something." The guy takes about an eight-step run up, releases the disc with the nose up 30°, and the disc flies about 80' forward, about 60' in the air, and then curves, misses every little tree, and goes 80' right... right into the middle of the creek that shouldn't even be in play on this hole (in fact, the hole info here doesn't even list water on the hole). It was one of the worst shots I've ever seen thrown, and I'm still new to the sport so I've seen plenty of my OWN terrible shots. :p

As we drove away I looked back and saw the same player in the finish position of an RHBH throw. :p

I bounced a Gazelle off of a windshield of a car with a lady in it. She waved and kept driving..

I think it shook me more than her.. :)

Latest posts