• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] what is your experience with lat 64 fuse, core and river

dano28

Im looking to purchase one of these in the opto line soon...just curious to get more feedback on distance accuracy, lines, etc. Ive been shuffling between ESP buzzz, dx shark, roc, panther and not sure what Im sticking with yet. Thanks for any help.

Im looking to purchase one of these in the opto line soon...just curious to get more feedback on distance accuracy, lines, etc. Ive been shuffling between ESP buzzz, dx shark, roc, panther and not sure what Im sticking with yet. Thanks for any help.

I have a GL Fuse in my bag. it's more understable (less stable?) than the Buzzz. It'll flip over on me quickly, but it holds a nice line once it does. The GL looks nice, but I think my future Lat 64 discs will be in the Opto plastic. I was initially frustrated with this disc for constantly going right on me, but it has it's uses.

I have 5 rivers. Only one of them is opto but I love it as equally as the others. If you've read the river thread then you know a lot about it so I'm just gonna tell you that most of it's true. Super glidey disc gives you easy distance because of all that glide. Mostly straight froma hyzer flip with a little 'S' curve mid flight unless I throw my 161g or put it on an anny. I can throw it around 330'-350'

They're good discs, much like all the others you already own. Find some that look pretty and feel nice and learn to throw 'em.

It is my go to anhyzer disc for anything up to 240 feet. Great control and glide on it, and I have heard recently that the Opto has a touch more glide. It feels like a Roc and flies like a beat stingray. Great disc, I prefer the GL in max weight.

It felt really nice in my hand.. Buddy got a opto fuse and it reminded me of a glidier, domier stingray.. almost like a stingray bottom and a meteor top.

Flew really nice and straight - but i was only trying to throw it straight, didnt play with any lines in the limited time that i had it in my grips

I have a GL Fuse that I've been using for about 3 weeks and so far I really like it. It will turn over but only when I want it to and it has very little fade at the end when thrown straight. I am using it more as I have gotten used to it and it is now my go to disc for most shots under 250'.

For me it is very accurate and does just about anything I want it to. I throw it for long sweeping hyzers, straight and flat turnover shots.

The fuse has replaced the Meteor in my bag and I also use it for some of the shots I used to throw a Shark on. I still like the Shark for really strong headwinds though.

fuse will be the slowest and most understable in the bunch. core is a touch faster and more stable. the river is more of a fairway driver and is pretty straight flying.

Get a Fuse; its a great disc and it'll be good for your form. Works well for hyzer flips or long turnovers; slightly more fade in Opto than GL seems to be a common experience.
Get a River; very nice fairway, like a longer glidey Leopard or XS.
If you have an ESP Buzzz you don't need a Core.

I have a GL Fuse... along with a GL Pain and Opto Core. Since I can turn the Core over with control, I don't know what I'm going to do with the Fuse. I throw it on practice rounds, but I consistently have more success with the Core. More work on wooded courses is required.

The Pain is a very good control midrange. It and the Core are the mid workhorses in my Lat bag. The jury is still out on the Fuse... it's probably a better finesse disc (where I use putters).

I love my GL fuses. They are a great hyzer flip mid out of the box. They can be flippy but you really just have to finesse them and compensate with a good hyzer angle. I had an opto and liked it also but the gl was just much better imho. Better grip, and turned more which is what i was looking for. When you flip it, it will turn and just hold the line forever. I throw mine around 173 g but I would definatly like to try a heavier one. Core and river cant really speak for. I had a super flippy opto river that must have been a freak one. Havent had an urge to throw a river since i sold it. But they are obviously good discs since they get alot of praise especially on this site.

I find the River to be a fast Leopard. Others have compared it to the Teebird, but that hasn't been my experience with the two I own... a 175 GL and a 168 Opto. They fly the same lines as Leos for me, just a little quicker.

I have an Opto Fuse I love dearly. It can't replace my Champ Stingrays tho. As much as it tried.
Either way the Fuse is definitly the best cheap alternative to a Champ Stingray. The Fuse is a great disc.

Fuse - Instantly won a spot in my bag. Has been a great understable compliment to the Z Buzzz. I carry two different Fuses..light and max weight. The light one is for tailwind / hyzer flip shots. Heavier for no wind / minimal headwind. I love the Fuse because you can put about 75% power on it and it will hold a dead straight line with minimal to no fade at the end.

River - I have a beat one that I carry for big anny shots/hyzer flip. A beat River is waaay better than other understable drivers that I've previously thrown (Sidewinder, Avenger SS). A new River doesn't have a spot in my bag because it overlaps with the Teebird too much and that disc isn't coming out anytime soon. The new River wasn't as predictable as a Teebird for me. I still carry a new River if I am playing a round by myself and throw it so I have another beat in one in the future.

I find the River to be a fast Leopard. Others have compared it to the Teebird, but that hasn't been my experience with the two I own... a 175 GL and a 168 Opto. They fly the same lines as Leos for me, just a little quicker.
Id agree on this even though ive only thrown the opto i owned a handful of times. Its definatly nothing like a teebird whatsoever. Teebirds are much more stable. Even the heavy rivers wouldnt compare to a tb.