• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your longest disc?

None of this is accurate anymore, which is why I posted. I have thrown those you mentioned, and new Waves are much better than any of them for me.

How's the dome on the new ones? I've been wanting to buy one but you know.. Good HSS?

I got like 7 already haha.. And I'm focusing on the insanity this winter. Actually I have the "waiting for hachiman" stamp coming but I probably won't throw it, yet.. So 8 haha.

How's the dome on the new ones? I've been wanting to buy one but you know.. Good HSS?

I got like 7 already haha.. And I'm focusing on the insanity this winter. Actually I have the "waiting for hachiman" stamp coming but I probably won't throw it, yet.. So 8 haha.

The dome is what I would call perfect, because the flight plate continues along the angle set by the rim. I hope that makes sense. Also, there's the much hated variation, which I love since MVP and Axiom were unable to make compliments to this mold. These are all Fission BTW.

The dome is what I would call perfect, because the flight plate continues along the angle set by the rim. I hope that makes sense. Also, there's the much hated variation, which I love since MVP and Axiom were unable to make compliments to this mold. These are all Fission BTW.

I really like the fission Waves. They don't really have a place in my bag, but the few times I've thrown them I liked the hand feel and flight. Good, moderate dome

Two consistently longest discs I've thrown (technically 4 but it's 2 pairs that are exactly alike) is a max weight, Gstar Corvette with a solid dome and a 167g pop top Star Boss.

The Boss requires a slight any release for max distance whereas the Corvette is more of a flat or hyzer.

I just put a GStar Thunderbird out to 405' and a ESP Zeus out to 430'. The thundy was a distance record for me until about 1 minute after when I threw the Zeus.

Two consistently longest discs I've thrown (technically 4 but it's 2 pairs that are exactly alike) is a max weight, Gstar Corvette with a solid dome and a 167g pop top Star Boss.

The Boss requires a slight any release for max distance whereas the Corvette is more of a flat or hyzer.

G* Corvettes are just ridiculous. IDK how many people on this forum have tried one, but They are absolutely top tier distance drivers.

On a good day I can sniff 500' with a G* Corvette. Perfect amount of turn, without being too flippy. Massive glide.

The G* Corvette is one of, if not the, best sheer distance driver I've tried. Every once in a while I'll find a G* Katana that's similar, but the G* Corvette is consistently better. The G* Corvette takes power a little better than a Shryke, and is a little faster.

Dude. Stop. I'm trying to not buy more discs....

*Corvette shopping carts*

(Cries in stacks of Cannons)

So anyone tried the Millenium Falcon? Its a shryke top with a Destroyer wing (or the other way around). It sounds like an amateurs dream bomber but has anyone some personal experience with it?

You mean this 168g domey boi I have right here?

klM1vu2.jpg

MVP Wave in the open
Axiom Virus/Insanity in the woods

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So anyone tried the Millenium Falcon? Its a shryke top with a Destroyer wing (or the other way around). It sounds like an amateurs dream bomber but has anyone some personal experience with it?

I have not. If I ever do I'll write up a review of it though. I tried a Scorpius that seemed like what you describe. Very slightly flippier Destroyer. Nice flier.

Falcon, Shryke, and Pharaoh are pretty similar and probably share the same bottom rim mold piece at least. First run Sirius Falcons seemed like a different mold top piece was used (Scorpius top/Shyke bottom supposedly) vs. 1.2 and the latest 1.3 Philo signature ones (which look more like Shrykes/Pharaohs). Flat ones are touchy understable (Champ/Pro blends seem flatter normally). Star blends seem to mold with better dome and fly most like the flight numbers (13/6/-2/2) when they have more dome. Really depends on the run for all of the 3.

Emperor (Shryke top/Destroyer bottom?), Destroyer, and Scorpius (early Destroyer top?) are comparable. There are OS runs and S runs. Generally a half step down in speed and a couple steps up in overstability over the Shryke/Falcon/Pharaoh.

Falcon, Shryke, and Pharaoh are pretty similar and probably share the same bottom rim mold piece at least. First run Sirius Falcons seemed like a different mold top piece was used (Scorpius top/Shyke bottom supposedly) vs. 1.2 and the latest 1.3 Philo signature ones (which look more like Shrykes/Pharaohs). Flat ones are touchy understable (Champ/Pro blends seem flatter normally). Star blends seem to mold with better dome and fly most like the flight numbers (13/6/-2/2) when they have more dome. Really depends on the run for all of the 3.

Emperor (Shryke top/Destroyer bottom?), Destroyer, and Scorpius (early Destroyer top?) are comparable. There are OS runs and S runs. Generally a half step down in speed and a couple steps up in overstability over the Shryke/Falcon/Pharaoh.

I thought the Emperor was a lot better than the Pharaoh. Pharaoh glided much less, and had a way dumpier late fade.

IMO, the Pharaoh flies like a really crappy Shryke. Initial high speed turn, but low glide, and a sudden, sharp fade. Reminded me of a DDX.

Emperor is mellower. It glides better, doesn't turn quite as much as the Pharaoh, and fades later.

Latest posts