• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your longest disc?

Just think if you threw actual distance discs!

I threw a Wraith like 475 today at like 70%, does make one think a bit. But if I throw less stable hard they start to get squirrely.

Nice pump! My forehand is serviceable, if I can possibly throw a backhand turnover, I will.

I played baseball for 10 years in my younger life, so I think that muscle memory is still there, which makes the forearm feel more natural to me. Backhand feels like trying to swing a bat left-handed, which I was never very good at.

My friend that introduced me to the sport almost never throws flicks, so it was a couple of months before I even knew that was an option. I don't even remember why I was doing it (may have been after watching that Eagle clip where he throws a forehand 450' while straddling a guardrail), but at some point I teed off forehand and actually released it properly. The disc went twice as far as I had probably thrown it to that point. After that I figured I should probably figure out how to get that release consistently.

I'm still working on my backhand, but as of right now, I drive 90% forehand, and my upshots are probably 30% forehand. Still working on getting the wobble out of putters and mids when I power them down.

It's funny. I can flick putters and mids in the woods better than our forehand dominant players( they are using Firebirds and Destroyers smh) but put me on a tee box and it's like I have never thrown a disc before in my life.

It's funny. I can flick putters and mids in the woods better than our forehand dominant players( they are using Firebirds and Destroyers smh) but put me on a tee box and it's like I have never thrown a disc before in my life.

I do see players going way too fast on a lot of holes FH. There is one where I usually throw an A2 and tons of. Guys will be like, "destroyer is perfect for this hole!"

I do see players going way too fast on a lot of holes FH. There is one where I usually throw an A2 and tons of. Guys will be like, "destroyer is perfect for this hole!"

If I'm throwing FH off the tee, it'll be a distance driver! Where I'd throw a backhand turnover with an Envy… if that shot is obstructed, it's FH with a Surge or at least an FD3/Getaway.

If I'm throwing FH off the tee, it'll be a distance driver! Where I'd throw a backhand turnover with an Envy… if that shot is obstructed, it's FH with a Surge or at least an FD3/Getaway.

Have you tried any OS mids? Deflector/Pyro/Justice/Avil type thing?

Anyone who hated or only sorta liked Waves from the first couple of years should really try a few Fissions. They are the best Waves and if you get to look at a stack, you can build a decent lineup given that MVP/Axiom never made true compliments.

Agreed! I think plasma is still my favorite flavor, but I lost it and haven't been able to find a replacement. I have a mid 160s fission that flies pretty darn close. A cosmic neutron makes for a slightly more OS compliment.

Also have a 149 sitting here begging for airtime!

Have you tried any OS mids? Deflector/Pyro/Justice/Avil type thing?

Yep. Have Justice, Method, Harp. Used to have Verdict. I
My natural release is more hyzer/flat, which is odd because many players seem to flex FH. Anyway, I can hit a line and get better distance with a more flippy disc like Essence, Surge. By 'better' I mean maybe 300' if I am lucky, versus 200' with a Justice. My FH game is 200' and in. I do flick a LOT in that distance, like most approaches with a Berg or Envy. Those shots I love a floaty turnover, but not really a flex.

Anyone who hated or only sorta liked Waves from the first couple of years should really try a few Fissions. They are the best Waves and if you get to look at a stack, you can build a decent lineup given that MVP/Axiom never made true compliments.

I've never been a Wave fan myself. I find them too flat, flippy, and somewhat glideless. It's like a much lousier version of the Tern.

I did find a Photon Wave on the course one time and smash it over 450', but that's pretty much the only time a Wave impressed me.

If I want MVP Distance I'll throw the Catalyst or Relativity. On the Axiom side you have the Mayhem and Excite. All of those are, IMO, better than the Wave.

Agreed, Envy. I have no use for them, even Proton, but they remind me of when I started throwing distance drivers (1x Beast) and how awesome it felt to be able to get one to behave properly. One buddy uses a wave for FH, and I'm jealous of how smooth he is. I learned forehead with really OS stuff, to my detriment. Good mold.

Im just that guy you are trying to describe. What weight should I pick for that magic 400 ft?

I dunno, probably your normal weight. ?

I have a FR neutron 155 good dome reasonable stability.. The closest complement in fission is 164ish, I found the fission to be least stable, then plasma.. But that may be what you want.... I rarely throw drivers heavier than 168ish.

165g Star Wraith or a 160g Star Shrike - only on windless days, probably a bit longer than the wraith

Latest posts