• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most underrated disc you carry?

I occasionally get some odd looks when I whip out a Condor.

I throw rhfh and there is no disc i use more than a cfr whippet or a champ max... cannot beat them and cannot find them anywhere... great discs!

discraft Spectra

Beautiful looking discs, which make throwing them great, it's akin to cleaning your balls, um, golf balls at each hole in Ball golf.

Mine is the disc I use for most shots 75ft-300ft.

This is the first disc I had to purchase two of them

I'd have to go with the Omega SuperSoft. I use this disc for anything inside the circle, approach shots, long drives, you name it. Sticks right where it lands so rollaways are super rare. I've heard it compared to the Aviar so i would think more people would give it a try.

Also I'd probably have to say the Mako. Most midranges end up in the shadow of the buzzz or roc but this thing can go as far as a lot of my drives and it is dead straight. Really think more people should give it a try

I agree with Nick C, the Mako is great. I have 2 of them, and they are my go to mid-range. I've made some baskets from fairly far away with these, which endear them even more to me.

Z XL isn't spoken about as much anymore so it's become sort of underrated. They'll take a Z XL out of my hands when they can pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

Star Roadrunners. I have never seen anyone else throwing them and they have saved my a$$ on multiple occasions when I have to throw a tight tunnel shot.

Star Roadrunners. I have never seen anyone else throwing them and they have saved my a$$ on multiple occasions when I have to throw a tight tunnel shot.

I use them and know a lot of people that do too. Mine is only for RHBH rollers only though.

Max weight Star Roadrunners are the bomb.

#2 Upshot

Its a great feeling wind putter for me. Shallower rim, soft enough plastic to stick. I was surprised when the guy at the shop suggested it, and even more surprised when I loved how it felt.

The 2nd LIghtning disc I've ever bought. The first that got thrown more than 2 times.

The Blowfly gets "bad vibed" because my playing partners say it is gimmicky and also, they say, no pros throw it. Last I checked, all the pros throw is Innova and Discraft..... But, after anybody throws the putter and see me make some unmakable or missed shots stick, their tune changes. Actually, a few guys have switched to the Blowfly recently.

I agree... Love the Blowfly - It's the only putter I currently carry.

My vote that hasn't been mentioned......KC Pro Banshee.

Great for tight lines in the woods, Thumbers, Forehand rollers...
If you throw any forehand you should give one a try!

In my area, my DX Gazelle gets no love. I am the only person on the course that throws them, although there have been a few guys that commented on the fact that it was one of the first discs they ever had, but none of them throw them anymore. I even sensed sarcasm in their voice, like they were implying that the disc sucked and thats why they don't throw them anymore. That why I love to park some of the toughest holes at my course with them, that way when those guys always ask "what disc was that!?" I reply with: "Just an old slow Gazelle" lol

In my area, my DX Gazelle gets no love. I am the only person on the course that throws them, although there have been a few guys that commented on the fact that it was one of the first discs they ever had, but none of them throw them anymore. I even sensed sarcasm in their voice, like they were implying that the disc sucked and thats why they don't throw them anymore. That why I love to park some of the toughest holes at my course with them, that way when those guys always ask "what disc was that!?" I reply with: "Just an old slow Gazelle" lol

I've been debating with myself lately if I should start using Gazelles again, I abandoned them once but hopefully they'll give me a second chance.

Latest posts