• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kind of distance can a really good female player get

When I've caddied on women's cards, one of the biggest places I see them lose strokes over a male player with similar distances is getting out of trouble. A lot of women players don't have the overhand shots or other creative shots for getting out of trouble, and end up hacking their way out with backhand shots.

That is sort of along the lines with what I am saying. Do you think it is because they won't learn them.....or can't? "Can't" meaning do not have the physiology to learn them.

I wonder if the ex-softball players (and tennis maybe) would have an easier time learning overhead and sidearm shots.

Des Reading played softball in college, I believe. If I remember right the Readings are originally from Iowa. Yeti, of course, was a football player.

Almost every female disc golf player I have seen on social media has seriously amazing form when they throw.. I don't know if throwing a disc backhand just comes more natural to the ladies because they have more fluidity in the hips or what but man.. women can definitely crush.

It just makes me love disc golf even more for the fact that literally pretty much anyone can play it and get really good if they really commit.

I have two examples of crushes from an FPO player we filmed at Spring Valley in Kalamazoo back in 2020 featuring Kaylee Campbell. The first one is 360-ish foot golf line through a tiny tee-off gap in a defunct tennis fence (Hole #2 long tee) here: https://youtu.be/OfyNe42A1Gk?t=278

Later in the round she parked the 388' Hole #21 here: https://youtu.be/WZViSpxwp7c?t=1596. Tiger Borth was also on this card and can also throw far. Sarah Demar, the 2015 masters world champ is like 45 in this video and still throwing far as well!

Last edited:

Latest posts