• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] What OS Mid do you Pair with your Warship?

Which OS Mid to go with?

• MD3

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Ghost

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mace

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Pain

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

BirdieMachine

Michael Moore Fan Club President
So I have a Bard and Verdict but both are a bit too meathooky. I just ordered a new max weight VIP though to go with my other ShiPs. Maybe that will work, but I am considering a Mace and Pain also. Maybe a MD3 or Ghost, I threw Rocs for the longest time.

If you were to buy one to try which would it be?

So I have a Bard and Verdict but both are a bit too meathooky. I just ordered a new max weight VIP though to go with my other ShiPs. Maybe that will work, but I am considering a Mace and Pain also. Maybe a MD3 or Ghost, I threw Rocs for the longest time.

Haha, I also have Bard and Verdict sitting next to a Warship. I really like the Mace as a shorter Warship, but have since fallen for a Big Z Buzzz. I also carry a Truth, and some may say I have massive redundancy, but there really is a method to it, and it works for me. Pain may overlap Bard.

Haha, I also have Bard and Verdict sitting next to a Warship. I really like the Mace as a shorter Warship, but have since fallen for a Big Z Buzzz. I also carry a Truth, and some may say I have massive redundancy, but there really is a method to it, and it works for me. Pain may overlap Bard.

Hmmm, I read the Pain thread and it seems as that would be a straighter mid then the Bard. Though I only have one Bard, my Bard is more OS then my Verdicts. I got a bunch of Truths too that I can't get myself to sell incase I change my mind sometime. :|

Hmmm, I read the Pain thread and it seems as that would be a straighter mid then the Bard. Though I only have one Bard, my Bard is more OS then my Verdicts. I got a bunch of Truths too that I can't get myself to sell incase I change my mind sometime. :|

I use my Verdict for longer higher power OS shots. Bard has taken the shorter ones because my Suspect is just too damn straight. I really am not sure about Pain being straighter because I threw mine twice than gave it to a guy that needed it more than I did. My comment was just a guess from that.

I don't use a Warship, but I do use an Prodigy 750 M4, which is very similar in flight to the Warships I've thrown. (much more understable than their flight ratings indicate) My best pairs are a beat in 2013 mold Prodigy M1 (dead straight with mild fade) and DD Lucid Verdict, which I use for solidly overstable shots or headwinds.

If you're looking for an OS compliment to your Warship in Trillo plastic, check out the Verdict in Lucid plastic. Not a meathook, but solidly OS and very workable!

Cheers.

I use my Verdict for longer higher power OS shots. Bard has taken the shorter ones because my Suspect is just too damn straight. I really am not sure about Pain being straighter because I threw mine twice than gave it to a guy that needed it more than I did. My comment was just a guess from that.

I carry Suspects too, but yeah they don't go real far and actually start turning for me in a heavy wind. But I suppose I could just throw in a Bio for real windy days, usually I carry a Fuzion and a Lucid with the Lucid being straighter. Maybe I should try beating in the Verdicts a bit also. I don't always carry them.

My usual midranges in the bag,

Bard, Suspects, Warships, Fuse, Tursas. So I carry 7 or more sometimes. I say overlap blah, I know how all my discs fly.

I don't use a Warship, but I do use an Prodigy 750 M4, which is very similar in flight to the Warships I've thrown. (much more understable than their flight ratings indicate) My best pairs are a beat in 2013 mold Prodigy M1 (dead straight with mild fade) and DD Lucid Verdict, which I use for solidly overstable shots or headwinds.

If you're looking for an OS compliment to your Warship in Trillo plastic, check out the Verdict in Lucid plastic. Not a meathook, but solidly OS and very workable!

Cheers.

Verdict. Similar feel other end of the stability spectrum. Perfect pairing

I'm kind of leaning that way now also, I have a couple Verdicts but they are not normally bagged, the fade is a little strong. My bag gets cramped at twenty five discs so I need a bigger bag too.

Beat up your Verdict. It's a great pair with the Warship. They are about the same speed and even beat the Verdict holds its hss very well. Mine isn't dumpy at all, but definitely has some fade. I would say it's similar to a fresh Roc3 in stability, just faster.

Of those i would go with a a Ghost, but I think a Champ Roc(not Roc3 preferably) or if you prefer beadless, a Yao is what you really need.

Both offer good glide and dependable fade.

I picked up a verdict in biofuzion the other day. Not as os as I expected. I guess I should've known being trilogy. Very workable. Nice for flicks. A lot of glide for a disc that has such lss. I guess I should've known being trilogy.

I pair my Fuse with a Lucid Verdict. I feel that the Verdict is very workable. It has a lot of HSS and it fades a bunch, but it doesn't just fall out of the sky once it starts fading, I love it. Perfectly balanced overstability, not utility, yet still OS

I find the trick with the Verdict is knowing that its HSS is so solid, which combines with the fade. If you start it on any tiny bit of hyzer, that will amplify the fade at the end of the flight. If you release it dead flat and don't air it out, then you can get some high powered shots that have a reliable end but don't move too far left on you. It may be worth it to get used to how it wants to be thrown a bit more if you aren't usually bagging it. I also find it likes power, and I won't backhand it under ~70%, whereas a flippy mid I can back off on down to 50% if I need to.

Get a lighter weight Verdict maybe, or beat one up (they can be beaten to almost a 'fresh Truth kind of flight); I pair the Verdict and Truth, but find the Warship a bit too long (tends to compete with my Leopards).

Been using a heavy GL Pain in that slot, and it works like a charm. Bard is even more beef for those blustery days.

I complement my Warship with a Roc3 and a Fuse in my 7 disc bag and am finally happy with my midranges :)

Is it a Lucid or Biofuzion Verdict? My Bio Verdict is like a brand new slightly more stable Truth, whereas my Lucid one is a super meathook. The difference between Warships and Truths are slight (i ended up preferring the Truth for versatility and consistency). Personally I paired my Truth with a Bio Verdict and a FLX Drone.
Ghost/Pain is also a nice compliment but I dont think they have the same distance potential as a Warship.

Is it a Lucid or Biofuzion Verdict? My Bio Verdict is like a brand new slightly more stable Truth, whereas my Lucid one is a super meathook. The difference between Warships and Truths are slight (i ended up preferring the Truth for versatility and consistency). Personally I paired my Truth with a Bio Verdict and a FLX Drone.
Ghost/Pain is also a nice compliment but I dont think they have the same distance potential as a Warship.

Lucid Verdicts. Maybe I can try a Bio also.

I am surprised you say the verdict is too meathooky. Its one of the straightest OS mids out there IMO. My lucids throw buzzz lines with more fade.

Latest posts