• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] What plastics should I choose for a Discraft Buzzz?

Uncle Matt

Banned
Long Story short,been throwing my Zombee and I've been liking it really well. So well that It's got me wanting to take the Zombee out(crazy I know) and put my Buzzz's back in bag(not so crazy).

Which plastics are the best to put in my bag? Also which ones throw pretty similar? Just need to know this since I don't want to keep something in the bag I'm not gonna use.

I have a ESP,Ti,Elite Z and a worn Elite X.

Z would most likely be closer to your Zombee. If you want something a little more stable, your TI should do the trick.

Long Story short,been throwing my Zombee and I've been liking it really well. So well that It's got me wanting to take the Zombee out(crazy I know) and put my Buzzz's back in bag(not so crazy
Which plastics are the best to put in my bag? Also which ones throw pretty similar? Just need to know this since I don't want to keep something in the bag I'm not gonna use.

I have a ESP,Ti,Elite Z and a worn Elite X.

ESP and Ti fly similar for me, but I like the feel of the Ti a bit better because its super flat (usually slightly concave), unless it gets wet... And the Z Buzzz can't be beat. Right now I carry a Ti (pending the course and weather - shorter courses i'll take out a driver and pop in the Ti...wet out I'll pop in the esp) , Z Buzzz, and a 10 year...in that order of stability.

Z.

Also, I really like the FLX. It is really good for up shots. I get fewer rolls & skips.

I generally like the FLX plastic in several discs.

ESP and Ti fly similar for me, but I like the feel of the Ti a bit better because its super flat (usually slightly concave), unless it gets wet... And the Z Buzzz can't be beat. Right now I carry a Ti (pending the course and weather - shorter courses i'll take out a driver and pop in the Ti...wet out I'll pop in the esp) , Z Buzzz, and a 10 year...in that order of stability.

My Ti is super flat too.

It's looking like the Z is getting the vote to be in the bag.

I'm just curious as to why no body is suggesting the Elite X,something just different about it?

Appreciate everyone's responses so far. :thmbup:

The new 10th anny Z fly a tick over stable. I bag 177+ Cryztal, and I get a tiny bit of turn out of it, and barely any fade. Just amazing fliers. Cryztal feels really nice and tacky, if you ask me.
Pro-D beats to understable fast, X will do the same, but it'll put up with more abuse. FLX gets all wonderfully scratched up, and grippy, and flex nicely in the hand, perhaps too much when warm.
ESPs are fine. Fly just like a Z, if you ask me.

In other words, buy as many as you can. :D

The new 10th anny Z fly a tick over stable. I bag 177+ Cryztal, and I get a tiny bit of turn out of it, and barely any fade. Just amazing fliers. Cryztal feels really nice and tacky, if you ask me.
Pro-D beats to understable fast, X will do the same, but it'll put up with more abuse. FLX gets all wonderfully scratched up, and grippy, and flex nicely in the hand, perhaps too much when warm.
ESPs are fine. Fly just like a Z, if you ask me.

In other words, buy as many as you can. :D

lol. Nice man. :hfive:

GLO. Love the little bit of OS of the Z GLO plastic. :thmbup:

______

And that's my 1000th post! There are some threads and people I need to thank:

Of course, the Salient bag thread; Timg for deleting a bunch of my posts and then deleting my objections to him deleting my posts; any 2013 Ace Race disc thread; Grip EQ; and Stardoggy and steinkecm for the back and forth.

Of course, my beautiful wife, my mom for birthing me, and all of the little people on these forums (mostly dgfanatic7...I keed! I keed!).

:clap:

Last edited:
GLO. Love the little bit of OS of the Z GLO plastic. :thmbup:

______

And that's my 1000th post! There are some threads and people I need to thank:

Of course, the Salient bag thread; Timg for deleting a bunch of my posts and then deleting my objections to him deleting my posts; any 2013 Ace Race disc thread; Grip EQ; and Stardoggy for the back and forth.

Of course, my beautiful wife, my mom for birthing me, and all of the little people on these forums (mostly dgfanatic7...I keed! I keed!).

:clap:

I didn't know that about the Glow Z Buzzz. thanks man.

Oh and congrats on that 1000th post.

VpuKTH5.gif

ESP is my favorite. I don't like Z plastic for any disc.

My ESP Zone,Comet and XL are the bees knees man. My ESP XL gets used the most out of all of my XL's in the bag. The Zone is always being used for something. And my ESP Comet is the workhorse out of the bunch.

So there is a vote for ESP. so looks like it's either ESP or Z now.

Man, I may just have to go test em all out now. :D

I have an X Buzzz that has beat in to an excellent turn-over disc. I can't remember who here on DGCR said this but I agree with them, "a beat X Buzzz is the glidiest mid I've ever thrown".

That sucker floats like Lat plastic!

Z is the best of the premium plastics, in my opinion. X Buzzzes are great, but they're like a completely different mold. They're domier, glidier, more understable, and have a smaller diameter when compared to premium Buzzzes. After considering all this, I decided on Z Meteors for an understable complement to my Z Buzzzes. In the end, it was more similar to my Z Buzzzes than my X Buzzzes.

I vote Z! I try to buy my buzzz in person so I can get heavy flat ones! I don't like the X plastic because it is shaped differently than its brethren. Ti, Z and Esp all mold up super flat even puddle topped. If the X came out flat I bet they would get a lot more love.

Latest posts