• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What shoes do you wear while playing?

Barbiaux

Bogey Member
just finished my first year of playing 2-3 times a week. Towards the end of the year I have notice my shins and ankles have been sore the day after playing. I have been wearing running shoes (which suck when its wet) and are looking for suggestions.

What does everyone else wear?

Have you noticed any performance difference between shoes?

FWIW my courses are all very hilly.

Ipath grasshopper. Great grip on a teepad and comfortable to walk all day. Although they are starting to show wear after a year. May get another pair if I can find em for a good price again.

I've worn 2 pairs of Keen Milo II this year. I've been alternating them week by week so as not to wear one or the other out too fast, but thy look like I'll need a new pair next year.

$35 Nikes :)
Lightweight
Great grip on the pad
They do wear out after a full season but hell for $35 I get upwards of 20 tournaments, a casual round every single day minimum, work shoes, going for a walk with the kids shoes, etc..

I have tons of dg shoes. I found merrell's intercept to be my overall pick- so much that i have the standard, ventilater (more breathable), goretex (waterproof), and winter boot.

For shoes, your going to want to see what fits best- if you say how your feet run and any possible concerns i could help direct you to a model.

While waterproof may sould like a great all around option, if you dont play in morning dew or rain much, then sometimes a more lightweight and quiclky drying model may be best if its going to be your only pair.

Remember, unless its on sale, you get what you pay for.

I've tried many a shoe...Montrails, Salomon, Garmonts, Vasque, and so on. NOTHING has come close to my Five-Ten Impacts (high tops). They were made for Mountain biking, so they are stiff at first, but that only lasted a few months. After almost a year of playing. The toe still hasn't worn through and the "Stealth" rubber is crazy sticky. Wet pad are just like throwing from a dry teepad. I will buy no other shoe. Matter a fact I bought a 2nd pair just in case I coundn't find them again. My only concern would be that they might be to sticky on rubber pads, but I haven't thrown off of any yet. Also if you really tourque out on your throw. The traction may be a problem? but I haven't had a issue with this. Great shoe!
Next up would be Garmont's (Sticky Cats). Another stiff shoe, but they are made for base climbing. However, great traction and toe protection.

I hate to break it to everyone, but if youre throwing far and play quite a bit, your shoes shouldnt be "lasting".
Reguardless of how they look, a shoes support breaks down-especially from active wear. You dont see serious runners wearing their running shoes to run in for more then a year.

Dr. Scholl's non-slip water & oil resistant black work shoes. Feels like you are walking on air, and plays in all conditions

I am really looking at getting the Merrell Trail Glove or the Sonic Glove. These barefoot zero drop shoes are all the hype nowadays. Supposed to be great for your feet.

I am really looking at getting the Merrell Trail Glove or the Sonic Glove. These barefoot zero drop shoes are all the hype nowadays. Supposed to be great for your feet.

They are great for your feet, but will also positively effect other areas like your back and balance. I use vibrams bikilas but not lately since my washer has been broken.

Latest posts