• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What shoes do you wear while playing?

wow what a popular subject....i just wear new balance sneakers

Keen Riva Mesh with Vibram soles. I like them a lot. No break in period required, but great overall support. (I do put my own insoles in all shoes I wear).

Currently wearing some Ecco with a nice beefy sole. Nothing has survived my toe dragging for more than a year. Vasques were also very good.

Just bought a pair of Timberland lows with the vibram bottoms, really comfortable and kept my feet warm during the ice bowl.

I have been wearing Keen Delaveagas for several months and am very happy with them, but they have little to no water repelling qualities, so not good for wet conditions, but otherwise seem solid and are holding up well. My feet still feel good after a round of 27, not tired or sore like with some other shoes.

I find the Merrel Moab to be pretty much the ideal and most popular shoe for disc golf, at least in my neck of the woods. And it comes in low and mid-top, as well as in ventilated, waterproof, and goretex models. I've had the Ventilator low-tops which work great in the summer, and am currently sporting the goretex mid tops, which give me confidence that I can step into a couple of inches of creek water without getting soggy socks. :thmbup:

Has anyone worn these? I haven't been able to see them in person. Shoe stores seem to only carry Sperry's boat shoes.

0769851_1_700x700.jpg

I've worn these Keens the past few summers, but Id like to try the Bungees instead of buying the same shoe twice.

images

The look is very similar. They both are waterproofed. I'd just like to verify the durability of the Bungees soles, if anyone could share some info :)

After going thru some of the same issues as my fellow disc golfers, I decided to spend some coin and get some new shoes. I first started playing in my worn out new balance zips. These were bald to start with so that was a disaster, so while on spring break I decided to buy some hiking shoes. I didn't want to spend the money on Colombias so I went the cheap route and bought ozark trail. These were about $25 and lasted only 3 months. Now in all fairness I did go into the lake several time with them on my feet so that didn't help. I then found some Alpine Design on sale for $40 and bought them in June 2011. They lasted until today. The sole under my right ball of my foot is completely bald and a hole is started to wear thru the sole.
After doing some research, and also what was available in the store today, I bought a pair of Merrell Moab Waterproof shoes. I only got to play one round in them today and they are super soft on the feet. We will see if they hold up this weekend as I am going to hit up 8 courses in 3 days. I hope they hold up for at least a year to justify the $120 price tag. I usually get in 2-3 rounds a week during the school year and 3-5 in the summer and fall seasons. I will try to take them off when I go disc diving to try to help them last.

Took these out today for the first time to a sloppy, wet and muddy course. Even walking though mud and water, my feet stayed nice and dry, and the traction was great! New Balance 1201 is the way to go!

NewBalance1201.jpg

Took these out today for the first time to a sloppy, wet and muddy course. Even walking though mud and water, my feet stayed nice and dry, and the traction was great! New Balance 1201 is the way to go!

NewBalance1201.jpg

yes, this place is a freakin swamp!! almost wore full blown mud boots yesterday, and the mosquitos.........

Merrill chameleons but I am about toget some Solomon's. I need waterproof big time because I would rather eat dirt than have wet feet :thmbup:

After going thru some of the same issues as my fellow disc golfers, I decided to spend some coin and get some new shoes. I first started playing in my worn out new balance zips. These were bald to start with so that was a disaster, so while on spring break I decided to buy some hiking shoes. I didn't want to spend the money on Colombias so I went the cheap route and bought ozark trail. These were about $25 and lasted only 3 months. Now in all fairness I did go into the lake several time with them on my feet so that didn't help. I then found some Alpine Design on sale for $40 and bought them in June 2011. They lasted until today. The sole under my right ball of my foot is completely bald and a hole is started to wear thru the sole.
After doing some research, and also what was available in the store today, I bought a pair of Merrell Moab Waterproof shoes. I only got to play one round in them today and they are super soft on the feet. We will see if they hold up this weekend as I am going to hit up 8 courses in 3 days. I hope they hold up for at least a year to justify the $120 price tag. I usually get in 2-3 rounds a week during the school year and 3-5 in the summer and fall seasons. I will try to take them off when I go disc diving to try to help them last.

We got very similar weather so I would say if you do your part to take care of them they will last the year and probably more. Unless you are just really hard on shoes. Some people are and can't help it. Wearing non boating shoes under water is probably not advised but under normal wear the moabs should last. You usually get what you pay for.

Has anyone worn these? I haven't been able to see them in person. Shoe stores seem to only carry Sperry's boat shoes.

0769851_1_700x700.jpg

I've worn these Keens the past few summers, but Id like to try the Bungees instead of buying the same shoe twice.

images

The look is very similar. They both are waterproofed. I'd just like to verify the durability of the Bungees soles, if anyone could share some info :)

The shoe above there looks great for the days it gets over 95 degrees around here. Two questons:

How much are those, and where are they sold?

Do you wear those with out socks?

NewBalance1201.jpg

^^^Got my son a pair of these at a Dunhams for $35, great price just seem Heavy. Nice boot though.

Ok, got the Five Ten Tennies. They are approach shoes for rock climbing so they are pretty stiff with a sticky bottom. Made in USA and feel really durable. I like how the laces run to the toes. Lots of adjustability. We will see how the bottoms hold up. I believe in balance over traction so I will be fine. By that I mean they don't have big lugs.

Attachments

• 20120220_182549.jpg
    20120220_182549.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 13