• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] What should the AceRace 13' be called? Or even produced?

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
Personally, I liked the disc. Only downfall is that it was very skippy. Which can be good or bad depending on the situation.

It was an easy to throw fairway driver, but it can go understable easy while also acting very stable. An odd combo. On a slight hyzer rip it floats up, rides right, comes back fairly hard to the left. It flies very smooth and is a nice 'Go-To' driver for shots around 300+/-

i like it because even when it goes understable it fights it and flies straight and usually (if not always) comes back fairly hard. Almost like a straighter Predator.

I'm gonna throw out a few names just for fun

Discraft
Seeker
Falcon
SugarGlider (haha just for fun) because its a sweet disc that cruises and glides.

I think someone was saying it was saying it was going to be the XL SS, or something like that

Dumpster would be the first name that comes to mind , Its like taking a firebird and mixing it with a teebird, just don't see the point of it

Personally, I liked the disc. Only downfall is that it was very skippy. Which can be good or bad depending on the situation.

It was an easy to throw fairway driver, but it can go understable easy while also acting very stable. An odd combo. On a slight hyzer rip it floats up, rides right, comes back fairly hard to the left. It flies very smooth and is a nice 'Go-To' driver for shots around 300+/-

i like it because even when it goes understable it fights it and flies straight and usually (if not always) comes back fairly hard. Almost like a straighter Predator.

I'm gonna throw out a few names just for fun

Discraft
Seeker
Falcon
SugarGlider (haha just for fun) because its a sweet disc that cruises and glides.

It should definitely be produced. Discraft is missing a disc like this from their line up (an easy to throw fairway driver that can be really versatile for more experienced players.) I have seen it flip up from a slight hyzer, hold a beautiful anny line around a mando and tackle tunnel shots really well. If i still threw discraft this would be in the bag immediately. I like the falcon. It really suits the disc. I haven't even had a chance to really fully flick it or throw it backhand yet.

It handles a hyzer forehand extremely well, it flew up left, straight and then right, just a nice full flight.
Its easy to hold and feels good in the hand (honestly to me, this is almost #1 priority for a disc I will use/like)

The one thing is really isnt good for is shots 80-120 feet. Sadly the ACE RACE, this was a lot of the shots. But my AR event had several 200ft holes, making ACES hard to get but more fit for the disc.

They should name it the Falcon or the Crow, because it would be Discrafts answer to the Eagle and the 'Bird:popcorn:

Discraft made reference to a new disc name on facebook back on Oct. 9th to a picture:

"You may see a Discraft 'Golden Raptor' sometime in the future...."

Hopefully the name is just Raptor, that would be a cool name. Would fit well with their other names like Predator and Stalker.

I'd like to see them called Hunters, yes great disc, and yes produce them, a lot of them, maybe in TI and ESP

It'll probably be called something cheesy like the Blaster or the Javelin

I'd go with the Meerkat or... the BatFox!

Raptor or Falcon FTW. If it was Falcon I'd buy more for the name alone, besides the fact that I love the disc.

My friend really likes it and seems like it could definitely be a workhorse driver for 300-400 ft shots. Personally haven't thrown it but it flies a variety or lines.

I wonder if z plastic could make this disc better. Granted I haven't thrown it but it felt nice, just don't like the ti plastic, though this blend of ti did feel grippier than the buzzz I had.

Last edited:

Latest posts