• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What straps should I buy??

Which Straps???

• Phenix quads

Votes: 43 79.6%
  • Gel strapz

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

bbutch

Birdie Member
Soo I just bought a new bag and was wondering what straps I should buy. I've basically got it leveled down to the Phenix quads or the Gel straps. Any info on the comfort and durability would be appreciated or just throw your 2 cents in. If you have either for sale let me know.

phenix all the way and 9 dgers out of 10 will reccomend them too, phenix has patented technology in their straps that take all the weight of your bag feel like a pound or 2, its pretty amazing actually, plus phenix is the only strap on the market that give you the option to have a sternum strap, just a bit more pricey but worth it, as a matter of fact, bhuff is selling black phenix quads in the marketplace. i had lat 64 straps before and what a difference when i broke down to get the quad shocks, phenix all the way butch (oh and as for durability, i have seen quad shocks being used for 5 years plus and still in good condition)

phenix have broke on me once - and i got awful service back from em.

my next set will be the latitudes.

my friends hate on the gel straps - but the newest generation of them dont have the problems that we all know about (the straps slipping larger).

phenix all the way and 9 dgers out of 10 will reccomend them too, phenix has patented technology in their straps that take all the weight of your bag feel like a pound or 2, its pretty amazing actually, plus phenix is the only strap on the market that give you the option to have a sternum strap, just a bit more pricey but worth it, as a matter of fact, bhuff is selling black phenix quads in the marketplace. i had lat 64 straps before and what a difference when i broke down to get the quad shocks, phenix all the way butch (oh and as for durability, i have seen quad shocks being used for 5 years plus and still in good condition)

False, backsavers, fade weatherguards, and gelz all have it.

I've used a friends weatherguards and found them very comfortable. If you play in the rain/snow weatherguards are the straps to get if you don't want to keep drying off discs when you take them out of your bag.

Those ToolRider straps are very comfortable. I got a buddy of mine to buy them because he wasn't looking to spend a lot, and he loves them.

I have the Fade Gear straps on my bag and I am really happy. The rain rail that comes with them is what sold me. If it ever starts to rain, I just unzip the rain rail and it wraps around my bag completely, but I still have easy access to all my discs. I keep the umbrella for myself :)

http://fadegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=96

I use the Innova Backsavers; they're okay and have held up pretty well with over a year of use (I think), but not super comfortable. I'm really interested to see what Voodoo's straps will be like when they're released.

How do those brown bag tool straps compare in comfort? They certainly look nice

Those ToolRider straps are very comfortable. I got a buddy of mine to buy them because he wasn't looking to spend a lot, and he loves them.

I have the Fade Gear straps on my bag and I am really happy. The rain rail that comes with them is what sold me. If it ever starts to rain, I just unzip the rain rail and it wraps around my bag completely, but I still have easy access to all my discs. I keep the umbrella for myself :)

http://fadegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=96

Answered my question before I asked it? Apparently I type slowly

Can't beat Phenix. If you want to save some money. You can get the DGA Strapz at Home Depot under a diff name. I think they are called Brown bag tool belt straps. Same thing, but several buck cheaper.

If you can find a new or good cond. of the old Phenix straps, get them. Couple my friends have the older ones and I couldnt believe how much more comfortable they were compared to the newer versions. It was like not having straps on my shoulders at all where the new ones are comfy compared to other brands but they beefed up the outter edges of the straps.

I had the original DGA's burst at the seems on me after one round. I got great service and a new set. They ripped. I got a third set, sold them and only used Phenix Quads after that. Made much better. Maybe DGA has improved a bit since, not sure. Now I'm using the built in ones on my Simian. I voted Phenix.

sorry to thread jack slightly but what straps seem to have the lowest profile. i have innova quads on my crunch box and sometimes the back clips start to rub on my back. is there a brand that will limit this?

sorry to thread jack slightly but what straps seem to have the lowest profile. i have innova quads on my crunch box and sometimes the back clips start to rub on my back. is there a brand that will limit this?

A way around this is to connect all 4 clips from the straps onto the 2 top loops. It removes the straps from rubbing on your back.

Latest posts