• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the hell happened with Catrina at the Memorial?

What the hell happened with the 'What the hell happened with Catrina at the Memorial?' thread?

We must be talking about different people. Cat is one of the fiercest competitors on tour. The lady is a champion of the highest order, and if you that she is displaying some sort of of "doesn't care" attitude, you're gonna need to get a new prescription.
4th place isn't good enough for people that want and expect to win. She's a pro.

This is akin to the people that call athletes "cocky" for saying they expect to win. OF COURSE THEY PLAN ON WINNING.

Well it was just my nice way of saying she looks tired of getting owned by Paige :D

Cat is trying to do her job, cameraman is truing to do his job.
Everyone (on the planet) should be more courteous of others.
/thread

#enoughofwinter
#bringonspring

Because Drew Gibson is a male, with muscles, and I bet that dude doesn't refuse to move when he asks, as opposed to Catrina and Paige. Basically I'm just jumping to huge conclusions, and I might be wrong, but here we are.

Lol, he doesnt have muscles, hes just leanish

Ha. Not to mention the lack of dress code, vulgarities on discs, formation of "group rules". Won't even begin to touch the AM side with drug and boozing, inability to maintain a pace, group courtesy.

Similar but very different

Ahh, not for sure whom you have been playing ball golf with, but I have seen less booze, totaled for the 5 years I have been playing Disc Golf, than 1 day playing Ball Golf.
That is not an exaggeration either. In Ball Golf, they have beer carts roaming the courses to BRING you booze.
The rest I will agree with you on.

Ahh, not for sure whom you have been playing ball golf with, but I have seen less booze, totaled for the 5 years I have been playing Disc Golf, than 1 day playing Ball Golf.
That is not an exaggeration either. In Ball Golf, they have beer carts roaming the courses to BRING you booze.
The rest I will agree with you on.

That **** goes away when you play college, and on a pro mini tour. Afterward, you are able to weed those people out pretty easily. Last time I played with some who drank, was a bachelor party 4 years ago. All bets off for that tho

That **** goes away when you play college, and on a pro mini tour. Afterward, you are able to weed those people out pretty easily. Last time I played with some who drank, was a bachelor party 4 years ago. All bets off for that tho

Weed out?

What part of America are you in? When I say beer carts, I mean that their only purpose is to run around the course selling booze. This is also going on during tourments as well, so it's not collage kids.
I think some of the courses make as much money off the beer as they do greens fees. These are nice courses and again, not an exaggeration.

Yeah, I have seen a lot less alcohol and a lot less jerks in disc golf than in standard golf.

What part of America are you in? When I say beer carts, I mean that their only purpose is to run around the course selling booze. This is also going on during tourments as well, so it's not collage kids.
I think some of the courses make as much money off the beer as they do greens fees. These are nice courses and again, not an exaggeration.

Yeah, I have seen a lot less alcohol and a lot less jerks in disc golf than in standard golf.

I used to have that job. I was the ugliest beer cart girl ever, lol. Some courses probably do make as much off the alcohol sales as greens fees but not the one I worked at. It was 46ish for 18 with a cart in 2004. Beers were roughly $3-4 draft/can. There were certainly groups that would exceed their greens fees but not many, maybe 1 out of 10. I'd say maybe half the groups drank at all on the weekends, usually 3 or 4 apiece then another after the round. Now... "Outings" were a different story. When a group rented the course and ran a tab on beers, those were the days people drank the course dry. There were days when I had to refill a 100 bottle cooler every 4 or 5 holes....

I think people get way too caught up in having everything perfectly still and quiet when they putt. I will concede that if a loud gunshot went off when I was about to throw, or a crazy person was behind the basket intentionally trying to mess me up, I would probably be distracted. But if someone is talking at a normal level within earshot or someone is walking 200 feet behind the basket, get over it. If a camera man is in your line of sight but standing still filming, it shouldn't be a problem. You're a professional, you should be able to hone in on the basket and your putting routine and put it in.

Totally agree. Her ex (Ulibari) seemed to behave similarly at Waco a few times when even the slightest background movement would cause him to stop, grimace, and reset. Puhleassseeee.

Latest posts