• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"what to wear" A Tier event

Me and my buddy Geoff in the foreground, taking ourselves way too seriously:

267289_4548875642260_1671912421_n.jpg

Just remember that your representing the sport of Disc Golf anytime you step out onto the course. I always try and wear a collared shirt when playing. I personally like to dress for success, I like to feel good about what I'm wearing. I'm not saying that everyone needs to wear a collared shirt but don't go out looking like scum.

Nail. On. The. Head! :clap:

I say look good, feel good, play good! Who knows... you may be next on Sports Center :D!

the clothes you wear dont define you as a person. i thought we all learned this in grade school?

confused as to why a collar = class? typical mens fashion is such a mess...

the clothes you wear dont define you as a person. i thought we all learned this in grade school?

confused as to why a collar = class? typical mens fashion is such a mess...

I used to work for a big non-profit group. During the board meetings all the lower level board members would show up in suits and ties. Then the real power would show up in t-shirts and running shorts with sneakers on.

Blue-collar and white-collar, among others, are LOADED with class connotations.

no

I used to work for a big non-profit group. During the board meetings all the lower level board members would show up in suits and ties. Then the real power would show up in t-shirts and running shorts with sneakers on.

heard that. people who 'dress to impress' are wasting their lives. if i have to wear conventionally proper clothes to impress you, i dont want to impress you.

Dri fit should be good, a shirt with a collar isn't normally necessary. It really depends on the td though.

Thank you to everyone that posted. I appreciate all the help and even those that didn't really answer or help with their response. I will contact the TD and make sure before I head out there on Friday. I am going to stick with the cargo shorts, t-shirt for round #1 & #2...then roll into the collar shirt for round #3 on Sunday.

They always said that people who dress up for tests perform better than those that just came in pajamas or sweats. Not sure if it helps you remember by feeling perfessional or if smarter people dress better... Either way, I dress to represent the sport. I feel better doing it.

A lot of us don't dress to "represent the sport" (kinda conformist sounding if you ask me) because we have to spend an inordinate amount of our waking time dressing to represent something else. That time on the course, tournament or not, is our down time to shed that skin for a few hours and be ourselves. I feel better doing that.

Although just the same, I don't exactly see a collared shirt as all that dressy, just not very practical for an activity where there's a reasonable chance of getting my attire all messy, with smelly perspiration if nothing else.

The funny thing about the dress codes is that, with a few exceptions, no one's seeing us but each other.

But the bar is set pretty low. Shoes and shirts, dress well enough to go to McDonalds. I haven't been to a lower-tier event that required more, though I could imagine some that might (such as, held on a golf course).

Even at the Majors & NTs, where the dress code is in force, it's not very oppressive. Collared shirt or something like a dri-fit. Not required to be tucked in, just not hanging below hemline on shorts. Not ripped up. No color standards, almost no restrictions on what can be printed on them.

I don't think of collared shirts as impractical. I hate comparisons to golf, but if people can golf in them, they can disc golf in them. Heck, I have collared shirts in dri-fit material, so they don't even have to be hot.

B and C tiers = tee shirt with sleeves cut off and jean shorts. A Tiers and NTs - collared shirt with sleeves cut off and jean shorts.

I think A-tiers are the same as B&C, unless TD wants to impose dress code.

NTs (& Majors) - can't cut the sleeves off. (OK in earlier rounds for Ams? I'm too lazy to check).

I don't think of collared shirts as impractical. I hate comparisons to golf, but if people can golf in them, they can disc golf in them. Heck, I have collared shirts in dri-fit material, so they don't even have to be hot.

Agreed, I play in dri-fit polos all the time, I certainly find them more comfortable than a cotton tee shirt for a long day of playing.

Me and my buddy Geoff in the foreground, taking ourselves way too seriously:

267289_4548875642260_1671912421_n.jpg

Cargo shorts, crappy old running shoes, dorky cotton socks ... this is what is considered "classy to very classy" in the realm of disc golf tournaments. The only players you'll ever see who are classier are wearing the same thing, but they tuck their shirts in.

I try to look nice when I play. I'm not completely sure why. Maybe the president will stop by as he's passing through and want to get his picture taken with me. You can head down to Target and get a collared dri-fit shirt from Champion for about $8, or you can go super classy and head to the Nike store at the outlet mall and pay about $20. Or if you wear a dopey tee-shirt, no one will care then, either.

Latest posts