• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What type of DGer are YOU???

What type of DGer are You???

• 1. carries one/two discs. just don't care and having sensless fun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. pro-abee. wears all DG clothing. tourney bag. tons of discs. follows rules to T

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • 3. laid back casual golfer that cares about the sport and technique without taking it too seriously

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • 4. family oriented. just here for the exercise and time out with the kids

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 5. Disc golf? It's all about the beer and drugs I can take with friends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7. other

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters
If the people im playin with want to play seriously, im down. If they want to smoke and drink, Im down with that, too. I just like to go out, have fun, and throw some discs!

I have a competition bag full of discs, I follow the rules carefully myself (though I am not the type of person that goes around correcting others on this in a casual round), I'm relaxed and have fun when I play, and my casual rounds aren't too serious. Usually my rounds are a nice way to spend time outside with my gf, with the occasional tournament thrown in. I'm not sure I fit in any of your categories all that well.

Damn, you took the words right out of my mouth. That's scary.

I think this poll is going to skew strongly to option number three because that is how most people what to view themselves. I know I do.

I said Other because I am between 2 and 3. I normally wear some Huk Lab stuff while playing and have the big bag but I don't follow the rules to a T. If I am playing a casual round and my disc is in the mud I will find some nice dry land to throw form.

I guess I'm an amalgamation of #2 and #3 in that I play by the rules, am always looking to improve my game, and carry a hefty bag, but what it all boils down to is having fun...and add a dash of #4 since I love spending time with my kids on the course, giving them pointers, and wondering how much time I've got before my son is whooping my ass!

yeah, the way you worded them, no one is going to vote themselves 1

I don't think that no one will vote themselves number 1, but I think the fact is that the #1ers could careless about a DG site on the web.

I think this shows that most of us are all in the same boat...especially since we are online when not playing (just finished 24) and waiting for the next chance to get out! :)

None of those fit exactly. I voted 3 but 2 and 4 have some merit too. I have abag of discs and follow the rules but I don't play tourneys. I am out for exercise and fun so i am kind of laid-back but I also keep score. the poll needs more options.

Keep in mind this poll accounts for just us. Factoring all the other people on the course that don't post on this forum, I'm gonna guess that there's a lot more people in #1 and #5 than you'll see represented here.

I have a competition bag full of discs, I follow the rules carefully myself (though I am not the type of person that goes around correcting others on this in a casual round), I'm relaxed and have fun when I play, and my casual rounds aren't too serious. Usually my rounds are a nice way to spend time outside with my gf, with the occasional tournament thrown in. I'm not sure I fit in any of your categories all that well.

I'm here too. If you saw me... you would think I was a "pro-abee", (more "pro" than "-abee") without the bag tags and big-time tournament experience (although, you might assume I have them). (i.e. I have a revolution bag and a few DG tee-shirts).

But, when it comes down to it, I could care less. I don't have a PDGA number/membership... and, I don't think I ever will. I never mark my disc... (I flip it or kick it to the side - unless in a weekly/monthly). Etc...

All I want, is to shoot a good round, hang with the bro's and see good shots. This game is my leisure... I take my game seriuosly, but I'm not serious.
DSCJNKY

Latest posts