• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

Circa 1979 @ West Park in Joliet IL. They didn't have golf discs yet, I used a 161g Whamo World Class Frisbee. The first golf disc I threw was a Whamo Midnight Flyer #6. If you want to see this disc and some other older plastic check out my social profile/album/my old school discs.

Pro-D XL from a discraft starter pack. at Riverside in Grand Rapids..

The first round I ever played was at White Clay Creek State Park with a (all DX) Beast, Gazelle, Shark and Birdie. Still have 3 out of 4, lost the Beast on hole 17.

Whamo Fastback in August of `73. No pole holes. There were hula hoops set for pins. It sucked.

a disc my buddy let me use one day when he took me to the course. can't remember what it was. i remember the first two discs i bought to play with, though. a red ching velocity and a yellow dx sonic

^^

I bought 3 discs right away. A blue sonic (suck) a yellow star monster and a red star beast... I was a torque monkey forehander so I hated the beast...

I used a 150 class Eagle and a 150 class Wham-O Putter at the course in Green Lakes, NY. I've kept both discs and I plan to use them as wall hangers of sorts.

mine was a hand me down from my cousin who got me into it about 12 yrs ago.
black millenium ms aurora prototype. Stil got the damn thing too! I love that disc.

First time around i played with my ultimate disc.

My first driver was a DX cheetah. It is by now 20 years old and my dog has it :)

definitely threw the ultrastar first time out. I think the first disc I threw was a leopard my buddy let me borrow.

Champion Eagle 11X, unfortunately I lost it a couple months later....First time was this June. Camping with the inlaws. My bro in law has been playing for a long time and we heard there was a DG course at the campground. I bought an Innova Champion 3 disc starter pack. I got a Ch Wraith, Ch Eagle 11x (wish I woulda known at the time about 11x, 12x, etc), and a Ch Rhyno. We were all excited when we got camp set up. Come to find out, the course was 9 "holes", and you were throwing at posts. Each hole was about 150 ft, with one that I think was about 200ft. Throwing at posts stunk, but we probably played the course 20 times over the course of the camping week. It was a great time and we got a ton of the family liking it!

My brothers and I used to play with catch frisbees a lot before we really knew what disc golf was. Wed aim at a tree and go for it. When I was first introduced to real disc golf the first course I ever played was delaveaga and I bought an innova starter set and played with an aviar, roc, and I can remember the driver. After that my next disc was given to me by a friend who I met recently after he was paralyzed. The only disc of those I remember was an 8x eagle.