• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

Hard to recall, it's been over 19 years... I do remember that my first two discs were a Lightning SR-71 Blackbird and an Innova DX Stingray. I still have the Stingray!

My first game my friend let me throw his "newbie disc"

Which was a destroyed dx orc, wayy past flippy. That disc was trash, it had so many dings and chunks missing it was legitimately off balance, but I still caught the itch :)

My first game my friend let me throw his "newbie disc"

Which was a destroyed dx orc, wayy past flippy. That disc was trash, it had so many dings and chunks missing it was legitimately off balance, but I still caught the itch :)

That reminds me a friend of mine when I was first starting had a dx beast that was beat in perfectly for noobies. Back when I was starting out and after having a roadrunner for a while that replaced my leopard. I if I could try his beast out on the practice field and man that thing was so nice, flew so easily(I was jealous).

I was given 4 discs when I started in '04. A Champion EL, CE Firebird, MRV and a Soft Magnet. I still have all 4 but they've been retired for a while now. All 4 have been aced with too.

I picked up a good forehand early in my learning stage before becoming dominate RHBH so the CE FB was my go to for some time. I miss using it but Z Predators took control of the situation.

first disc was a blue dx orc. Remember it like it was yesterday. Eventually it got stuck way to high up in a tree though to get it down. And i wasnt even the one who through it.

Honestly I do not even know what the disc is, but I still have it. I am 22 now and my dad took my out when I was very, very young. He has been playing for 30 years give or take a few and he started out with regular frisbees. As he was playing at the original brown deer park he found 5 or 6 golf discs eventually which have the brown deer park logo on them. We still have 4 of them and he gave two of them to me and they were the first disc I have thrown. They have the shape of a putter, but I don't know if they are an aviar or something older. He claims to have found them around 83. The tooling on the back says champion discs not Innova champion discs. If anyone knows what they are I would appreciate a pm. :)

I had the Wham-O three pack, and I believe the first throw was with the carving driver. I still have that.

someone put a course in at our local park so my dad and i went and bought a dx cheetah and shark for way too much money. I threw the Cheetah in water that was about 100 feet off the fairway on about the 5th time we played. The shark is now decoration inside a fish tank.

DX Raven solely because it said ultra long distance driver and at the time 300 feet was ultra long distance.

Still have it. Then tried a X Predator because the dye was cool. That was a horrible mistake. After that I had a DX Dragon that absolutely bombed for me, but it was white and not very flashy. I tried an orange DX Wraith because the artwork looked great to someone who did not know better. I got distance out of it but it faded a little harder than I would have liked. I then picked up a dyed X XS and that was my go to driver for over a year before I really started to get serious and moved up to Avenger SSs and Orion LS.

Pro Wraith, and for my first time I did very well considering I was playing at a VERY difficult course.

Hmm... I need to get one of those...

DX Firebird that someone had abandoned. It was a very overstable disc for someone that had never played before, but I got hooked on DG none the less

1997 DX Cheetah. Still have it. Flies pretty good still too I just took it for a spin the other day. Pro D XS was a close second, and definitely the disc I made the most gains with.

The very first 'disc' you ever threw at a course.

Post tales and pics of the very first disc or thing you ever threw at your course the first time you played disc golf. I've seen lots of regular frisbees, boomerangs, fabric discs, etc. The first time I ever played I started on #18, thought it was #1. Played with my dad and brother, and we shared the discs. They were Nerf or Maxflights. They actually work rather well. I still have mine, it's in with my wall discs now. I'll try and find a pic.

I was playing in Greenville, at the East Carolina Course (RIP)...earlier that afternoon I had gone to Play It Again and picked up a 170g DX Wraith and a 175g Polecat...I teed off with the Wraith...about 40-50' high and a damn Hyzer that you wouldn't believe...up until recently...I still had the DramaHyzer!!! Hell yeah I still use them both and the Polecat is my favorite putter!!! Its literally like throwing darts. :cool: