• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

170 DX Shark from Sports Authority. has since been replaced by a buzzz.

Well I used to throw a Wham-O brand Ultimate disc long before I knew what Disc Golf was...I was never GREAT at throwing them, but then again I was just tossing them for fun mostly.

The first DG disc I ever threw was a Cheetah that came in my Innova starter set. I threw the shark the most though. I hated the Aviar P&A...I think the waxy plastic had a lot to do with that.

I had already ordered a Discraft set from Amazon at the time, but hadn't gotten it in yet. I pretty much switched to APX BuZzz and XL immediately. I did like the cheetah until I ruined it with a giant gouge from a patch of asphalt.

\/\/

1st disc - folgers coffee lid (circa 1966)

1st golf disc - dx stingray (when it was considered "the new,fast driver") :)

used pro d hawk, then i think i bought xd hawk as first disc purchased

My friend and I bought three discs to share as we first starting playing disc golf back when Innova was the only brand available.

Roc, Cobra and Viper

Back when I didn't know that you should have more than one disc I threw the Innova Archangel forehand. Now I throw backhand a majority of the time and have 13 discs with me for rounds. The Archangel is now in a tree in Highland Park (Joliet, Illinois)...

First disc that I threw was a Shark. The first one that I owned was a Wraith.

My first disc was a champion teebird. I had 3 aces with it then it got ran over by a truck and never was the same :(

First disc was a 167g DX Ace - Blue. Still have it to this day and it is still in my bag. Got an ace with his brother (167g DX Ace - Red) and retired that one.

It was a Lightning #1 Driver that weighed in at 174 or 175. A nasty orange color but hell it was only 8 bucks at the local sporting goods store. It got pretty dinged up and just got recently retired to an old box in my closet.