• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what was your first disc?

dgdave

* Ace Member *
I was reminiscing and thinking of my first plastic. I bought a ontario roc and metal head viper from my best friends dad. They were both all beat up, but I wish I still had them. the first new disc I bought was a purple cyclone. damn that disc was sweet. I played so many rounds with just that disc.

What about you?

I bought a gummy Beast. Oh, I wish I had somebody to force the right disc in my hand. I threw the wrong plastic for so long.

145 DX Orc. had no idea what i was getting just went to the local sports store and that was all they had.

I asked the guy at the sporting goods store what disc will go the farthest and he laid a white 174g DX Eagle on the counter. I used that disc for drives and putts for 3 months.
Man, those were the days!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yellow DX Roc - R.I.P
DeathofRocProfil.jpg

I also purchased a KC Pro Aviar, and a Valkyrie, and a Beast cause they looked cool.

I was handed down a 6 year old beat white pro D wasp. The first disc I ever bought was a pro starfire. First disc I ever found was a tie-dye champ orc. The only one I still have is the orc, mainly because I passed the other ones down to the next new guy.

dx gazelle I lost the day before buying my first putter and distance driver. If I only knew that if I kept throwing that gazelle I would have saved myself 2+ years of bad technique...

IIRC a champ Beast of the original mold at 173-174 grams and another disc I can't remember. After two years of not so heavy usage of beach discs.

I've only been in the game 2 years. I still have 2 of the 3 discs I bought in that first week of DG.

169g DX Roc
170g DX Aviar A&A

Sadly, the 150g DX Valkyrie vanished 2 months in.

Innova DX starter set, with 149 Leopard, 150 Shark and 150 Aviar. I also bought a DX Valk at the same time because it was the disc used to throw the World Record Distance. I figured if it worked for him, it should work for me too!

First golf disc I used was a JLS. The first three I bought right after that were a grid stamped Aviar, a DX Cheetah and a X XL.

first three discs I bought where a Gazelle, Roc, and Aviar P&A. Only the Roc is still with me today. The Aviar I gave to one of my friends and the Gazelle I lost in Las Vegas.