• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what was your first disc?

My friend and I both decided we were going to start at the same time. I played my first ever hole of disc golf with an aerobie ring but quit because I didn't want to damage my aerobie! After that me and my friend bought a set of discs for like 50 bucks.

I took:

dx beast
dx orc
dx roc
dx aviar

He took:
dx firebird
dx teebird
dx spider
dx rhyno

I recently put the roc back in the bag after switching back to them after a long hiatus.

180 dx Viper and 175 dx Aviar. The Aviar is still in the family (sister-in-law). The Viper was tossed overboard from a stroller by my (then) one-year-old when I was not looking. He's going to buy me a new one when he starts earning an allowance.

widewhale said:
180 dx Viper and 175 dx Aviar. The Aviar is still in the family (sister-in-law). The Viper was tossed overboard from a stroller by my (then) one-year-old when I was not looking. He's going to buy me a new one when he starts earning an allowance.

LOL - you can't blame the kid for letting that disc fly. He was just doing what Steady Ed designed frisbees to do.

widewhale said:

Viper might be a little overstable for a one year old?

Aaron_D said:
CHAMP VALK. nothing but 150' hyzers until I found this site.

Same. I can barely remember throwing it at the basket from like 70ft away. Somebody mentioned it before about wasting years using bad form and technique. So, that's me too. Started to get competitive and really into it a few-4 years ago now.

I remember getting a "Tank" too just because the stability meter said it would go straight.

so naive...

Not eaxctly sure but it was teal with some type of jet art on the top. I couldn't throw it 50' without it dive bombing dead left. After that I believe it was a stingray.

The first driver I bought was a max weight champ MONSTER, man that sucked. Had no idea what it'd do, but it sounded cool. It took me the longest time to figure out why I sucked so incredibly bad...then I got a valk, problem solved.

ApesOfWrath said:
i didn't know where to get a disc so I just wandered around the course until I found a dx cheetah hung up in a tree.

That was a pretty smart idea

ApesOfWrath said:
i didn't know where to get a disc so I just wandered around the course until I found a dx cheetah hung up in a tree.

Similar to my first disc. Which I can honestly say I have no idea what type it was. I was such a noob that i thought any disc that had ken climo on it was good. Prob threw eagles/teebirds but I only recal that it was a kc disc.

I can say that the first I ever got was a flippy dx roc, and after a year and a half I hung it up on my wall and now I'm one of the only people I know who still have their first disc. It always makes me happy to remember how much I sucked when I started and how far I've come. :D

Champion Teebird and Champion Classic Roc. I still have both :) . The Champion Teebird is beat in so perfect that it is my do everything driver and I only use the Classic Roc for jump putts since I have several nice Dx Rocs.

Hey man...that's my disc.!!!!

:lol:

Seriously. The Cheetah was my first disc.... I read Blake's early charts & decided that would be a good first all-purpose disc.

I lost it after it was getting nice & broke in.

2nd disc. Cheetah.....but added an Omega SS to putt with.

March of this year i bought my first 166 DX Shark. Played with it for a few months then bought a few for my first tourny in june....

....now several tournys (10) and 2 casual aces later i have close to 40 disc and just got a new Kong for my birthday this week. Cant wait to go throw leage as soon as i get off work.

I AM ADDICTED TODISC GOLF NOW :roll: :roll:

Beach disc from a gas station :shock: Twice. I was 10 in the early 80s in a sport camp when we played on a temporary course and the targets were plastic bins. I was the putting champ of te camp.

Similar equipment 4 years ago on my first round at a real course.

the first disc's i ever bought were a pink eclipse, a orange comet ,and a yellow soft magnet...

I don't think I have any of them any more but I used them for most of that first summer I played..I almost lost the pink eclipse but some guy found it and called my number that I had on the disc...come to think of it I think thats the only time any one has ever called me up and told me they had my disc....

Blue Innova DX Beast, Red DX Banshee, and my favorite Yellow DX XD Putt & Approach. I lost the Beast on hole number five at LTC's course in Cleveland, WI, and lost the Banshee somewhere between hole 8 and 10 at the Quarry in Sheboygan. I must have dropped it or set it down and forgot it because I didn't throw it all day, heck hadn't thrown it for about a month before that. I still have my XD and I love it.