• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your most unlikely or unbelievable shot?

That's a lot of concrete cylinders:thmbup:

attachment.php

Another one, not mine, but one I witnessed...

We were playing Prospect Park in Moline, IL. I forget which hole it was (#14 I think?)... My friend drove his Valkyrie towards the basket, but caught a roll on the hillside, and rolled all the way into the lake. To our surprise, it was floating upside down on the water, its edge right at the surface of the water. The wind was fairly light, but ended up pushing the upside-down Valkyrie all the way across the 400 foot lake over the course of us playing the last few holes. About 10 minutes after finishing 18, we were at the edge of the lake, waiting for it to float the last 30 feet or so...then a fisherman lent us his net. Great success!

Just played Ottawa Park, Toledo, OH. Hole 13 is about 200' and the basket sit behind a pine tree slightly right of center. I tickled chains today, but as unlikely as that is, that's not the most unbelievable part about the shot. I was playing with crap discs out of my trunk since my usual bag was at home, and I hit metal with my PDGA Storm. I only threw that because it was the only midrange I had with me.

I was playing at Monroe Park in Ohio playing a tournament last fall. not sure which hole but it is about 220 or so then it makes a left turn and goes up a decent slope another 120' with a row of trees straight down the middle. I made it up to the turn with a slight hyzer and left myself perfect on the inside tunnel about 100'. I did a lunging jump putt with a lot of spin to try to get it up there. sure enough it raised up and fell ever so softly into the chains. I was the only duece on that hole for the tournament.

I sunk a blind shot over the top of a hill without seeing where the basket was beforehand once while playing with two guys that I met at the course. Not sure how long it was but it still impresses me.

Latest posts