• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your strangest shot?

rcracer757

Birdie Member
I threw a very nice shot up hill one day and the thing must have hit just the right spot, because it rolled all the way back down hill turning a 250ft+ shot into a 20ft shot.

f3b9df9f_m.jpg

Now my buddy had a shot where there was a barn. There was plenty of room not to hit the broad side of the barn, but he managed to hit it.

a81e369f.jpg

I think this was the barn. You can see it to the right of the basket in the background. Of course he did not hit it from that hole its just the best pic I could find on here.

i threw a orc which was pretty overstable for me at the time into a 20mph ish headwind, it flipped WAY over probably like 80 feet to the right, then stalled out and faded probably 150 feet left cuz i probably had some major league nose up. it did all of this while traveling about 250 or less feet down the fairway.

Tried to throw a right hand forehand upshot around some trees at a basket that was tucked in under a few big ones.

Release was awful, too hard and way too high, but it hit a limb about 40 ft above the basket and shot straight down into the catchment area, no chains at all.

So I luckily saved par on a hole I was hoping to bogey.

Not my shot, but I was standing about 15' perpendicular to the 8B Teebox at Buffalo Ridge and someone driving from the same teebox almost hit me with their shot.

Tee shot from the top of a hill. Short hole, GIANT pine tree on each side of the hole. Disc stuck about 20-25 feet up in the tree. Had to climb up to get the disc. Tried to make the throw from the tree = fail. Came down covered in tree sap. Sweet

I grip locked a throw and it went off three seperate trees which turned it 180 degrees and it came back to be about 50 feet away

also had one the landed at the base of a rather large pine tree and in order to plant my foot i had to lay down and could barely reach my arm out to get a throw off

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, I had shanked my shot off the tee, and it hit the bushes and landed in the fairway about 30ft in front of me. That wasn't the wild part,what happened next was incredible.

I was so pissed, I picked up my Champ Coyote, and threw it hard towards the basket about 200ft away. It started to fade as it slowed down, and I started to get pissed off again, as I saw it fade.

The Coyote struck a tiny, 2 inch around, tree, and came back, and hit the chains , dead center, for birdie. I yelled so loud , that people on the next hole were asking if I had gotten an Ace. It wasn't an ace, but it was one strange looking shot.

I failed miserably on my drive on #15 River Road, and lost my disc. While searching for my disc, I found another one, same color, different mold, very near where I dropped my bag to find my disc.

Since I couldn't find my disc, I threw the other one (dx beast) way off the mark to get rid of it.

The wind caught it, caused it to stall and fade into the basket that was +/- 220' away.

Circle 3 par.

i threw a turnover with a champ sidewinder, made it about 150 feet before it got caught in a V shaped space between two trees. just suspended there vertically, and the disc's stamp was even oriented correctly.

thumber into a tree behind the basket only to come back and smash the chains for my first ace.
or a buddy splitting his avair in half perfectly, could been a great disc golf necklace.

Tossed a big hyzer with my fire, two big gusts of wind popped it up 30 feet, caught enough air to give it time to curve around the pine tree guarding the pin, banged the center of the chains, hit bottom of the basket, popped out and rolled down the hill into the water, three shots plus a water hazard :p

my friend throws tomahawk putts from 50ft plus sometimes, its crazy when he hits them, and he's pretty accurate with it, but the way they look from release to basket is ridiculous

I was messing around in the yard last year with my portable when I chained a 60 foot grenade shot.

I griplocked on this hole once and went through the railings (both sides) of the bridge in the pic. It faded back before it went in the water and turned out to be my best shot ever on the hole.

Attachments

• 029resized.jpg
    029resized.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 53
i threw a orc which was pretty overstable for me at the time into a 20mph ish headwind, it flipped WAY over probably like 80 feet to the right, then stalled out and faded probably 150 feet left cuz i probably had some major league nose up. it did all of this while traveling about 250 or less feet down the fairway.

This. But it was my longest shot to date, at least 450 feet. Gotta love what headwinds can do to overstable plastic.

I had a putt in a tournament that was about 60 feet out. I grip locked it on release, it flew to the right, hit a tree and smacked right into the chains 40 feet to the left of the tree I hit.

I had an unusual one last Friday. It was supposed to be a 250' straight shot, down hill into a light dead on head wind. I threw my 165 Element about 4' off the ground trying to follow the plane of the hill. for about the first 100' or so the shot looked good. Then it started to slowly rise. and kept rising. It must have caught the current just right because the disc just kept going up and forward. Near the end, for a couple of seconds it looked like it was just floating without moving. When it finally stalled and faded I ended up about 50' long and way off the the left. It was pretty cool.

Latest posts