• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What weight putter do you use?

Weight of putter

• 150 class

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 151g-159g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 160g-164g

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 165g-169g

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • 170g-175g

Votes: 165 91.7%

• Total voters
I've stuck with 174 SS's from gateway...this does force me to use my shark as an approach disc, but that's not a huge problem for me. I just wish I did have a putter for long range putts that's lighter.

I've stuck with 174 SS's from gateway...this does force me to use my shark as an approach disc, but that's not a huge problem for me. I just wish I did have a putter for long range putts that's lighter.

the magic can get really light... i think marshall street even has some lightweights that are like 130. But i have found that I can hit really long putts from outside the circle if I putt with a little anhyzer and try to get in the basket from left to right (rhbh)

i know of several pros that use 150 class putters for uphill shots and days when it is calm..they swear they fly farther..

I have always used a fairly heavy putters high 170's Aviar, Voodoo, and Wizard liked them all, the Wizard was my go to.
But.....
Since I did the "she love the chains" dye, I've been using that disc. It's a 150 Star Aviar and WOW. She flies straight and true. She really does love the chains!

My main putter, and my drive putter are 173-174. My approch putter is 170-172. I have trouble with putters 175 and up, dropping to fast for me.