• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What you think of Electric Scooters on DG courses?

itsRudy

Par Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I've been thinking of it for years, but now I see videos cropping up on youtube, because some days my knees are just shot.

I was pretty sure parks disallowed it with "No Motor Vehicles", but according to some sources, it's a personal mobility device if it's under 750w/20mph and so doesn't count. Not sure if it's true.

My biggest concern is that it'll rip up the grass. Even the off-road ones have pretty skinny tires when all is said and done and my parks are often wet/dewy in grass. There seems to be an annual mountain bike race at one of my locals for some reason and you can see everyplace they go because it's 20 different bike footprints ripping up everything in their path. No bueno and annoying for everyone else. Don't think anything short of a fat bike with low psi would be printless, especially small diameter electric tires with that amount of torque.

Another problem is the hard course have uphills and downhill where you'd have to carry these things, negating the point to some big degree.

Any input?

Last edited:
Couple of guys around here have Segways. I mean. I really don't care.

Personally, I carry my bag and walk. This is because I'm not trying to reduce stress on my body, I'm not trying to work less, and I like to walk. I think the carts are ridiculous, but I'm not sayin' that out loud except right here. A scooter is even worse. What's funny is when the person on the scooter looks like they go to the gym. JFC

What do you think of electric Scooters on DG courses?
Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey
Excited Lets Go GIF

My home course is pretty hilly. They would be more trouble than a help to a player.

I knew of one late 70's who used a modified golf cart single seat, that he hauled on the back of his van. He had played Bayville not to long after it opened up in 77'. He only had the energy to play maybe 9-holes at the most, and if I caught up to him, I would play a few holes with him. Sadly, I haven't seen him in a few years, along with a few others from back in the early days of Bayville. Picked up some good history of the course from those guys.

So, if a scooter or cart helps you play go for it. Myself, not worth the hassle.

Usefulness would be ENTIRELY course-dependent. I mean, can you imagine these things on a rocky or hilly course?

I bag a lot of courses, and since I'm playing blind, I depend on others' ratings and comments regarding carts. I find myself using my cart less and less because of the hassle crossing narrow streams, going through rocky fairways or tight next-tee transitions that pop up on "somewhat cart-friendly" courses.

If there was ANY chance of having to drag an electric scooter, I'd just have to shoot myself.

The only way my wife can join me on the course these days would be riding a cart of some sort. I'm all for it.

One of these......uh......toys (?) will cause more course damage and erosion, than a week of walking disc golfers. I would make a concerted effort to prohibit them from any course in my area. Same with ATV's, dirt bikes, trucks...

One of these......uh......toys (?) will cause more course damage and erosion, than a week of walking disc golfers. I would make a concerted effort to prohibit them from any course in my area. Same with ATV's, dirt bikes, trucks...
So no front loaders, for sure. Unless it's work day.

I can see it now. The redneck yacht club disc golf course. It's 6 feet deep of silt mud and 9 holes. 600 horsepower and 30 beer minimum to play.

On a flat course with good drainage I think scooters would be fine, my home course north watertower park was driven over daily by law enforcement in 6000lb suvs and the grass is still green.

On a hilly soft ground northeast course a scooter would tear up the place immediately though.

So I guess scooters might be cool depending where you are.

There's a guy who rides his one-wheel around Belton, MO's courses. Super great guy to chat with and he buzzes through a round at the short 9-er in about 12 minutes.

I'm OK with someone who genuinely has trouble getting around the course using their rascal scooter, although I can't imagine there's many people in that condition that actually play. But yea, if

Can't say I'm a fan perfectly healthy folks using two wheeled scooters to get around the course, and on most courses, I honestly think they'd be more trouble than they're worth.

But I've played several long layouts on golf courses, with plenty of distance between consecutive holes, and those courses offer golf carts. They help keep the pace of play more manageable.

I suppose two wheeled scooters would do the same at a fraction of the cost, and probably a fraction of the energy.

As with anything else, the issue is likely to be people abusing them and/or the right to use them, because assholes never seem to be an endangered species.

Latest posts