• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's all this Par brouhaha?

Holy Moly! When I left last night there were 13 posts and now 5 pages.

Thank you Olorin for all the info on Par ~
Now how long until I am not refered to as a NOOB ;)

Holy Moly! When I left last night there were 13 posts and now 5 pages.

Thank you Olorin for all the info on Par ~
Now how long until I am not refered to as a NOOB ;)

LOL, just keep posting brother, you will feel the burden lift off you in no time. :cool:

Anyone who's been around for a while will remember Lesli Herndon Todd. In her time one of the top 5 women DGers in the world, former U.S. Women's champion, world champ contender... I once had the great fortune of being paired with her in random doubles. Lets just say that she didn't need any special par. Try to guess who carried who in our round. (Hint: I was elated that we actually used one out of 18 of my drives.)

One of those times I would have said "I wish I could throw like a girl."

Old School Rules,
If it can't be Aced in no way shape or form it's a par 4
If it can't be canned in no way shape or formed on the 2nd shot,Par 5(Kinda rare and what's the point)
I've seen 1,000 ft holes that could be aced easily.Then i've seen 500 ft holes that you'd never dream of even coming close to hitting in 1 shot.(Big Wooded Doglegs)
In Vegas years ago we played a 1,000 ft par 3 hole.(I took a 4 both rounds,Tough wind)Klimo pars em for sure,He won that year,Of course.
In Alma I laid out a 1,200 ft hole and it was a par 3.(Some People were blowing over it but most hit for par)
Fun hole,Off the top of a Dam.
Old School Rules.

I am the king of par, thus, one can deduce from this, I am indeed... Parking... like a car... brumm brum beep beep neeeeeoow etc.