• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in you bag....2009 Edition....

Long Range Drivers:

MOLF 1.1 White 168 - Control
SOLF 1.1 White 150 - Annys
SOLF 1.2 White 162 - Mod Winds
QOLF 1.1 White 169 - Mod Winds
XCal Blue & Orange 175 - High Winds
Boss Clear Green 174 - Fun of it

Fairway Drivers:

MOLS Orange 174 - Annys, Long Fairway
SOLS Orange ??? - Control, Long Fairway
QJLS RED 175 - Control
Firebird Champ Clear Yellow 152 - Mod Winds
Firebird Champ Orange 166 - High Winds

Mids:

SMS Yellow 171 - Driver
MMS Yellow 174 - Annys & Approach
QMS Gummy Yellow 169 - Putters

Yes I know a little overlap, that's the way, Uhuh Uhuh, I like it, Uhuh Uhuh.

173g S Wizard - Main putter

167g SS Wizard - Awesome
172g S Wizard - Worn in
174g S Wizard - Kinda worn in

173g DX Roc - Beat
177g KC Pro Roc - Worn in more
173g DX Roc - Worn in
176g KC Pro Roc - New

174g DX Gazelle - Trashed
174g DX Teebird - New
171g Champ Teebird - Perfect
168g Star Destroyer - Trashed
169g Star Destroyer - New
172g DX Viper - Worn in a little but still has plenty of beef

Pretty much the same shit I had last year. Maybe the only difference was I had a kickass Pro Destroyer that went MIA on an open hole in the Summer, WTF.

Drivers:
2 DF Champ Bosses 172,175
2 Z Forces 173,169
2 Star Wraiths 174,175

Trouble/Trick:
Star Max
Star SL

Mids:
FLX Drone 176
Z Wasp 177
D Zone 174
Cryztal Buzzz
FLX Buzzz 170
Z Glide 176

Short Work:
2 Pro Rhynos 175,165
Omega SS 170
Soft Challenger 174

Putters:
2 Soft Challengers 169

Pretty sure the Rhynos are on the way out, but the are so hard to let go of. Once you get used to having that security blanket, the idea of not having it to reach for is kind of scary. But, if I can summon the cojones, then I will try and start using the Zone in place of the overstable one, and either the SS or the Glide in place of the understable one. Would like to lessen the load a bit, or more likely, add a couple more Buzzes. KP

Why get rid of the Rhynos if they mean that much to you?

Having confidence in a disc is key and if you always feel like you need the Rhyno in reach, you shouldn't get rid of it.
Plus it's a great wind putter/approach disc.

Good Question. I think it is more like this. The Rhynos I throw are not exactly run of the mill. The overstable one is actually pretty crazy floppy, more so than most people have felt, according to my research. The understable one has been broken in over several years, but I really only throw it on one hole at one of the local courses. I don't like the idea of being handcuffed by not being able to immediately replace a disc should I lose it, and I can't imagine finding one to match either of these. I suppose that one of the qualifiers for a disc to be in my bag is that I should never be afraid to throw it, no matter the location, wind, water, etc. I kept a true First Run Buzzz in the bag for several months, even though I hardly ever threw it, on account of being worried about losing/breaking it. I want to use and like my discs, but not to become too sentimental. I play a wide variety of courses, and I could even see using the Rhynos again in the future. I usually make adjustments to the bag before a tourney anyways. KP

NoMoreTinCup said:
Good Question. I think it is more like this. The Rhynos I throw are not exactly run of the mill. The overstable one is actually pretty crazy floppy, more so than most people have felt, according to my research. The understable one has been broken in over several years, but I really only throw it on one hole at one of the local courses. I don't like the idea of being handcuffed by not being able to immediately replace a disc should I lose it, and I can't imagine finding one to match either of these. I suppose that one of the qualifiers for a disc to be in my bag is that I should never be afraid to throw it, no matter the location, wind, water, etc. I kept a true First Run Buzzz in the bag for several months, even though I hardly ever threw it, on account of being worried about losing/breaking it. I want to use and like my discs, but not to become too sentimental. I play a wide variety of courses, and I could even see using the Rhynos again in the future. I usually make adjustments to the bag before a tourney anyways. KP

Gotcha, so it's more of a situational disc more so than one you must have in the bag. Good call on the replacement then. You should be able to replace it with a disc that will have more uses then just the one hole @ one course.

Well, the bag update is complete. I think I rather ignored my own point, as I am now carrying an additional disc, but such is life. I yanked the understable Rhyno, and the Cryztal Buzzz. Added a beat Challenger, heavy, for driving, and two Buzzzes, one old ESP fave, and one in Pro-D, hopefully to beat in and replace the Glide eventually. Also swapped the Star SL out for a new Champ Monarch, with good results. The two are quite similar really, low power=long distance, high power=big anny. Looking forward to the tourney tomorrow. KP

And the year begins with...

150 Z Flick
162g Champ Orc
158g Champ Monarch
164g EXP1
166g QJLS
161g Polaris LS
2x 170g Classic Roc
2x 170g JK AVIAR-X
170g Beat to Death Polecat - my precious...

Bag has changed alot already :( trying to get molds figured out for the upcoming year.

E Spirit 176
Star Wraith 175
Champ Wraith 175
Champ Tbird
Champ Tbird
Pro Tbird
S Warrior
E Element
Med Wizard
Soft Voodoo
2x S Voodoos for putting

Probably gonna replace Wraith with either Trex's or DD's and beat a few in. Also lose the element after i beat up a warrior or two.

Sirius Orion LS
DX Viking
10x KC Pro Gazelle
DX Whippet (new)
DX Whippet (beat)
ESP Impact
Pro-D Magnet
Soft Magnet

The new bag was quite successful yesterday. Everything was fine, except for the Monarch, which performed well backhand, but is tricky sidearm. It definitely is flippier when flicked than the SL used to be. No letdowns though, I can live with it. KP

Star Wraith
Z Predator
Champion Teebird
DX Teebird
Z Avenger
DX Gazelle
Z X2
Pro D X2
DX Roc
KC Roc
Wizard

The X2's are for demo purposes only. I switched to Gazelles because they are more stable and I like the flight better than the Cyclones. Cyclones = slim pickin' when it comes to shape unless your looking for totally flat while Gazelles are easier to find with dome....all of them basically have dome.

171 Star Wraith
175 Champ Wraith
174 Z Predator
172 X Pred (newish)
172 X Pred (beat)
175 CE Eagle X
175 Glow Eagle X
175 Champ Leopard
175 Pro Leopard

3 DX Rocs 178-180, various stages of wear
178 KC Pro Roc
180 Champ Roc
180 Z Comet (testing this one out, prob won't make final bag though)

174 Organic S Voodoo - all putts
174 S Voodoo - drives
175 SSS Voodoo - approaches/turnover drives

6 permanent molds, 1 test mold

Good question.

They may be phasing out of the bag, in favor of just using different stages of Preds, and Leopards to complement them.

I actually suggest going with the Eagles instead of the Preds because of eventual availability issues. They are so similar aside from the slight turn on the Eagles.

i find eagles to be more similar to a teebird accept eagles have a slightly more turn to them and they are better in windy conditions

2 174 S wizards , one driver one putter
4 180 DX Rocs, new to beat
170 SEX
175 11x Champ EX
170 MOLF
175 QOLF
170 Groove
175 Force
175 Z Pred

Right now:

172 Soft Wizard
175 Soft Magnet (beat)
175 Soft Magnet (fresh)

172 Star Shark
171 DX Shark
167 DX Sanny Roc (will be cycled out by another Shark as the dx beats in)

148 DX Leopard (severe turnover / roller)
169 Pro Leopard (moderate understable)
171 DX Gazelle
172 DX Gazelle

172 DX Teebird

I plan on phasing out the Leopards as my distance/form improve, at which point I'd be down to 5 molds. I could possibly drop to 4, but I love the soft magnets for putts that I don't expect to make, and the wizard for the ones that I do.