• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in you bag....2009 Edition....

Premium Flat T-Bone- 173
Premium Domey T-Bone- 175
Screams- 174 and 172
EGR Helios not to flat, not to domey, pulled them out before they were marked
Premium Defender- 175
E- Element X- White- 182
E- Element X- Orange (Money)- 179 and 175 (I got my hands on a huge stack of these)
Magic- BG Ams-175 Super Soft Gator Stamp- 175 Medium 175
E- Voodoo- 174

I've made a few changes, figured I'd post my bag again. :D

175 medium Wizard (straight to hyzer drives and approaches)
172 soft Wizard (straight to anny drives and approaches)
170 soft Wizard (primary putter)
169 ESP Buzzz (straight to turnover midrange)
177 FLX Buzzz (lost my 175, replaced it with this one, I like the 177 even more...straight to hyzer mid shots)
177 Glow Roc (I'm still on the fence with Rocs/Buzzzes - never thrown a BEAT Roc but my Glow is starting to straighten out)
174 DX Gazelle - broken in
175 DX Gazelle - newer
168 Star Teebird - newer
171 DX Teebird - seasoning
169 Star TL - beat, long turnover shots, hyzer flips
175 Star TL - newer, straight control
171 Z Predator - just got it to replace my Firebird, man I see why you guys like this disc...
170 Pro Wraith - main distance driver
171 Star Wraith - newer, more stable than my Pro

Yes, I know I'm carrying too many fairways right now. I just like all three. I like the Teebird a lot, and my DX is coming along nicely. But I've also really been liking the Gazelles lately too. They're just so controllable and accurate for me. The TLs had been my primary fairways but now I'm almost thinking I could go Teebird and Gazelle and drop the TLs. Or maybe I should just drop all three and only throw Eagles. I just don't know. I like fairway drivers. :D

Spring has arrived! in the bag for the upcoming season:

Long range drivers:
1.2 SOLF (170g) - I love this thing, stable & reliable.
1.1 SOLF (170g) - Broken in, def has some high speed turn, great distance disc
Champ Sidewinder (168g) - Dug it out of my closet to replace my Valkyrie, forgotten what a good turnover/hyzerflip disc it is. Should i ever lose it I'd like to add a MOLS for this slot to complete the all orion distance driver lineup.

Control Drivers:
Z-Predator (172g) - Overstable Pig
Pro Line Monster (175g) - Fairly beat, moderately overstable & without much glide, Im really confident with it as my go to hyzer disc.
DX Teebird (172g) - Broken in. Nice, straight flying, neutral kind of driver.

Midrange:
Z-Wasp (178g) - Moderatley overstable midrange
Z-Buzzz (170g) - Very stable for a broken in 170g, holds any line.
D-Buzzz (177g) - Beat, turnover midrange

Putt n Approach:
Proto Wizard (168g) - OLD disc but barely used. Just started using this as my main putter, really like the lighter weight for putts
Soft Wizard (174g) - Very beat, very versatile, my go to upshot disc
Organic Wizard (174g) - Pretty new for overstable approaches. Love the organic plastic
Whitler (165g?) - touch disc, very slow and understable, definitley capable of some funk.

I love this game, cant wait to get out playing regularly again.

165 DX Gazelle
167 11x Teebird
175 DX Whippet

180 DX Roc
180 11x Roc

175 12x Aviar (white)
175 12x Aviar (black)

Sinus AP

Core
Z Drone

Champ Leopard
Striker
XXX

ESP Venom and Z Flick for overhands only, drone or leopard for shorter overhands

The snow is gone and beautiful Wickham Park is open again. Played a few rounds over the weekend and realized some changes needed to be made. Here is what it looks like now and probably will for most of the spring/summer

Drivers:
Z Predator x2 - 174 - Very overstable, thumbers, tomahawks, tricks etc..
11X Champ Teebird - 175 - Bridges the gap between the other teebirds and the preds
12X Champ Teebird - 172 - Straigt flyer with little fade, my main driver
CE Teebird - 172 - beat and a bit flippy for a teebird, anhyzer machine
Champ Destroyer - 171 - Replaced my force with this. I can get it out there much farther.
Pro Destroyer - 171 - Newish, lots of glide
Pro Destroyer - 168 and BEAT. I throw bombs with this thing hyzer flips and uphill distance
Epic x2 - hahaaha call me a cheater right now, it probably won't change anything i do.

Mids:
Z Wasp - 174 - Oversatblish mid range for the wind and a harder finish than the buzzes will give me.
Second 1st Run Buzzz - 175 Newish
ZBuzzz - 175 - Beat, my go to mid range disc
XD - 175 -Just trying this out but I like it so far, def. more of a mid range than a putter.

Putters:
VP x 3 - One that's beat and starting to fly straight, one just for putting and one that's very overstable.

So, I'm back to destroyers from the forces with much better results, and the XD really surprised me. I like it so far.

Drivers
Z Predator (172) - overstable driver used for strong headwinds and big hyzers
Z Flick (174) - spike hyzers, forehands, thumbers, flick rollers
Z Avenger (168) - used for moderate headwinds, big s-curves and long forehands
Doss X Avenger (170-172) - max distance with great control
X Avenger (173-174) - hyzer flips, long anhyzers, tommies and backhand rollers
D Cyclone (170-172) - fairway driver that goes where you throw it
D Cyclone (170-172) - tunnel shots, tailwinds, turnovers and short rollers

Midrange
D Wasp (177+) - newer for hyzers
D Wasp (177+) - seasoned for straight shots with some fade
D Wasp (175-176) - beat to straight as an arrow
D Wasp (175-176) - trashed for turnovers

Putt & Approach
D Challenger (170-172) - black for putting only
D Challenger (170-172) - short drives and hyzer approaches
D Magnet (173-174) - short anhyzer drives and touch approach shots

FH
170 Star Boss overstable distance
175 Champ Boss Max distance
175 esp predator overstable, bh, thumbers, tommies

Bh
170 Star Wraith distance
167-175 Dx-champ Teebird straight lines
167 Star TL Annys
178 Esp Buzzz- do all
175 S Warlock putting duties
175 Dart Anny and straight approaches

Keeps changing... but I just got a real disc golf bag -- Gorilla Boy Silverback -- and played for the first time ever yesterday looking like a "real" disc golfer. almost 11 years of playing, and the old Timberland backpack I've been using since college is finally getting a rest.

So anyway, here's the starting lineup for the Silverback:

* = testing stage; not a permanent member of the lineup

Distance:

*167g Champion Groove - first run x-out
* 170g Champion Boss - first run x-out
167g Star Destroyer - first run x-out
169g Champ Destroyer - x-out

Fairway:

174g Champion Teebird - 11x X-out
168g KC Pro Teebird - 11x pearly
168g Champion Orc - pearly early run

overstable:
*166g Star Firebird
174g Star Firebird
174 DX Pegasus

Mids:
180g Champion Roc - grafitti San Marino
180g Super Roc - 2007 x-out

Putters:
*170g Vibram Putter - "A" plastic
*171g Vibram Putter - "B" plastic
175g Wizard - medium
172g Wizard - soft from 2002 (heavily beat)

The testing Vibram Putters are taking up room that will normally belong to another mid or two -- usually a 174g FLX Buzz and a Star Ontario Roc. The testing Groove and Boss are taking up space that normally belongs to a max-weight champion Orc and a Z-predator. The testing star Firebird is taking up a space normally belonging to a pearly Proline Firebird of the same weight (seeing if a cheaper disc can substitute).

So far, it's looking like the "B" plastic Vibram will be sticking around, along with the Boss. The "A" plastic VP is almost certain to get cut after testing, and the Groove and light star Firebird are tentative. The Groove isn't predictable enough yet -- it's costing strokes instead of saving them... I think a max-weight Orc, Z-Predator and FLX Buzz will be back in the bag soon.

Felt great having a "real" bag. It also might help stabilize my lineup to have the bag ready-to-go. I used to pack my backpack on the fly and every round would end up with a slightly different set of discs.

Distance Drivers:
Champ Orc: pretty beat and very workable
QOLF 1st Run: newish
I really throw nothing bigger/faster, but gonna start messing around with wraith's/xcal's.

Fairway Drivers:
2 DX Teebirds: 167g,168g, one beat one new
Star Teebird 170g
DX Gazelle 168g
11x Eagle: flat, beat, used for overhand/odd shots
10x KC Pro eagle: Main driver and very workable for me
lots of overlap with all these but w/e i love em all

Overstable:
Star Firebird

Midrange:
12x KC Pro Roc
DX Roc: newish
Champ Panther
DX Panther: full circle stamp, flat, and is already beating into a nice turnover discs after 2 rounds

Put:
2 12x KC Pro Aviars

That is my usual setup but I will rotate some Star TL's, kc pro eagle's, and other drivers in based on the course.

tim said:
Keeps changing... but I just got a real disc golf bag -- Gorilla Boy Silverback -- and played for the first time ever yesterday looking like a "real" disc golfer. almost 11 years of playing, and the old Timberland backpack I've been using since college is finally getting a rest.

So anyway, here's the starting lineup for the Silverback:

* = testing stage; not a permanent member of the lineup

Distance:

*167g Champion Groove - first run x-out
* 170g Champion Boss - first run x-out
167g Star Destroyer - first run x-out
169g Champ Destroyer - x-out

Fairway:

174g Champion Teebird - 11x X-out
168g KC Pro Teebird - 11x pearly
168g Champion Orc - pearly early run

overstable:
*166g Star Firebird
174g Star Firebird
174 DX Pegasus

Mids:
180g Champion Roc - grafitti San Marino
180g Super Roc - 2007 x-out

Putters:
*170g Vibram Putter - "A" plastic
*171g Vibram Putter - "B" plastic
175g Wizard - medium
172g Wizard - soft from 2002 (heavily beat)

The testing Vibram Putters are taking up room that will normally belong to another mid or two -- usually a 174g FLX Buzz and a Star Ontario Roc. The testing Groove and Boss are taking up space that normally belongs to a max-weight champion Orc and a Z-predator. The testing star Firebird is taking up a space normally belonging to a pearly Proline Firebird of the same weight (seeing if a cheaper disc can substitute).

So far, it's looking like the "B" plastic Vibram will be sticking around, along with the Boss. The "A" plastic VP is almost certain to get cut after testing, and the Groove and light star Firebird are tentative. The Groove isn't predictable enough yet -- it's costing strokes instead of saving them... I think a max-weight Orc, Z-Predator and FLX Buzz will be back in the bag soon.

Felt great having a "real" bag. It also might help stabilize my lineup to have the bag ready-to-go. I used to pack my backpack on the fly and every round would end up with a slightly different set of discs.

I hope you like the bag.

I have been playing since October, I have tons of Overlap but don't feel like I need to take things out since I can't quite fill my bag yet:

Understable Drivers:
CE Sidewinder 150g
CE Monarch 163g
CE Valkyrie 169g

Overstable Drivers:
ESP Avenger 150g
CE Wraith 168g
CE Teebird 150g
CE Banshee 175g

Midrange:
ESP Buzzz 174g

Putter:
CE Aviar 169g (I think I got it in a trade)

I feel like I don't have too many discs I don't throw at one point or another. I feel like the Wraith and the Banshee are my least frequently used discs. The Wraith cause I jumped the gun and don't have the arm speed for it yet, and the Banshee cause I recently lost it, and bought a Teebird and instantly fell in love, so when I got it back I only found myself only using it for sharp hyzers.

Also I have some old discs from the 90s lying around and found a Roc, someone told me its an ontario or a rancho, its DX and extremely beat, think its worth putting in the bag? I haven't tried throwing it since I didn't completely suck

not to harp on you but by CE you mean champion right? around here CE is not the same as champion. just a heads up on that, cuz i have never seen a CE monarch or wraith :D

FH distance
Star boss 170

Fh overstable
Z Force

Z Predator- Fh, Bh thumbers, tomahawks

Champ/dx Teebird- Most backhand duties

Star Wraith- Need a little more distance on bh

Esp Buzzzz- midrange duties
Esp Wasp- windy days
Soft Challenger- putt and approach

oh thanks for bringing that to my attention I figured it meant champion edition, what is CE then?

-Jux- said:
oh thanks for bringing that to my attention I figured it meant champion edition, what is CE then?

CE is champion edition, that's the old, prototype plastic which eventually became what they sell today, which is called just Champion.

Distance Drivers
Star Destroyers - Hyzer D (Headwind/Overhand)
Pearly Champ Flat Orcs - Straight D
Champ/Star Monarchs - Turnover D

Control Drivers
Champ/KC Pro Teebirds - Straight/Gentle Hyzers/Anhyzers
Pearly Champ Monster - Short, severe hyzers

Mids
Elite Z Buzzzes - Everything but strong hyzers and specialty shots
ESP Meteors - Specialty Straight or Turnover shots

Putt and Approach
S Wizards, 168s and 172s

Been flip flopping between the Wraith, Groove, Orc and Beast for that straight D spot, but I can't get out and play enough to make a decision.

Drivers:
Z pred - newish
Z pred - beat

SOLF - new
SOLF - beat to dead straight
SOLF - super beat

CE Eagle-X - pretty beat, has lost most of it's HSS
champ Glow EL - also pretty beat, main finesse flick driver
CE EL - old old old, used for any turn over I need to know can't come back

Mids

Z drone - opaque white one, super overstable
DX roc (3)
10x roc - super crazy beat

putters

168 black wizard - putting putter
170 glo wizard - putting putter (for when the other one eventually cracks)
172 glo wizard - freakishly stable, even for a wizard. mainly used for short spike hyzers and air bounce shots
175 Soft wizard - old G stamp that is real chalky. new
171 Soft wizard - Old G stamp, been in the bag for 3 years now. used for anything I am uncertain about.

Discs that get put in the bag for specific courses or are getting tested:

Champ Xcal
PD
Champ RR
Star Roc - new
Star roc - beat

Latest posts