• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in you bag....2009 Edition....

My bag, we all know what discs do what...

**Main Bag**

11x Firebird - Just lost this one, hopefully it gets returned to me. 12x/stars are poop so, how do the DX's fly?

2x DX Teebird - 1 seasoned(and still stable), 1 beat(might go back to Eagle-X's, bit more versatile)

3x DX Rocs - 1 fresh, 1 perfectly straight $$ seasoned, 1 beat.

2x KC Aviars - White 175g for drives, Black 169g for putts.

**Situation discs**

Supersoft 'S' Black warlock - Its seasoned up and is some of the grippiest plastic I've felt. I use it for big jump putts but I think I'm phasing it out.

DX Wraith - FLIPPY AS HELL, and squirrelly. Good for hyzer flips but I only really use it for forehand shots that I can't get a lot of arm on. it will glide and get a big skip. I want to develop a roller soon so I'm keeping it around.

Most of the time its just my FB/TB/Rocs/Aviar. I noticed myself getting very dependent on certain discs for certain shots. I.E. using the FB any time I needed a strong short hyzer or the beat up warlock for any turnovers -I feel like I was just hitting a gap and letting the disc do the rest - which has its place for some shots but I wasn't 'shaping' any lines for myself with a stable/neutral disc. So lately I've been getting back to throwing a lot of Rocs/putters.

These are my distances, real, accurate*usually :lol: * , golf lines on flat ground.
Putters = 260(ish)
Rocs = 290(ish)
Drivers = 325(ish)

Thanks for looking, Comments welcome. :)

3x Groove (2 Eco 1 Champ)
2x XC (1 eco 1 champ)
4x Teebird (2x DX 2x Star)
Z Xtreme
KC Roc
Z Drone
2x Comet (Z and ESP)
S Wiz
2x S Warlock.

3 Teebird (star, dx, kc pro 10x)
1 TL
4 Eagle-x(2 kc pro 10x, star, champ)(first disc i ever used was an eagle so i love em)
1 Z Pred
2 DX Roc(rancho, sanny)
1 Champ Panther(another disc i have had a while and just cant take out, just so reliable for me)
1 Wizard, soft
1 KC Pro Aviar P&A

started out throwing eagles, stingrays, and i had a first run pro aviar p&a(gave to a friend that was new to the sport). after reading these forums like 100x a day for the past year i have added things like the teebird, roc, and predator. I threw eagles religiously for a year but after i started tossing teebirds(& TL) this winter i have to say i have fallen in love with them. The Teebird has definitely replaced the eagle as my go-to driver. I gotta say these forums are amazing. Hands down the #1 reason i have improved my game. I went into the DiscNation store this week in Austin and saw a bunch of new people being sold on the bosses and grooves and i just started laughing to myself. If it wasn't for these forums i would be throwing those discs which i can't handle yet(top out about 330 with teebirds/eagles). So to everyone that posts daily on these forums, i just wanted to give a big THANK YOU for everything. i would pay for this kind of knowledge, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...edit:thinking about it i am gonna donate next paycheck! love this site so much!

Teebirds (all 167, 1 Star (newish), 1 Champ (used) and 3 DX (beat and working on getting beat and new))
2 Preds (164 and 172, both Z)
Buzzes, (1 Z 173 beat and 1 X 172)
Wasp Z 176
Wizards (SSS for putting S and M for upshots and driving)

I just got a monarch and a voodoo to try out. Also am getting a comet and a zone to try out.

2 medium wizards, 1 putter, 1 driver
3 DX Rocs
2 Roadrunners, 1 champ, 1 star
2 Eagle X, 1 champ, 1 star
2 OLF, 1 S, 1 M
2 eco Grooves
1 ESP Force
1 Z Pred

Illusion
S&E Assassins
Champ Roadrunners
S ElementXs
S Elements
OG Wizards
SS(S) Warlocks

New Bag:

175 Ch. Firebird [newish]
170g 1.2 SOLF [newish] <-- mod. overstable for me

172g 1.2 SOLS [newish]
164g 1.2 SOLS [new, dayglo orange] <-- This disc is $$!
168g MOLS [new]

169g Ch. Teebird [new]
169g DX Teebird [new]
171g DX Teebird [worn]
169g DX Teebird [beat] <-- rollers

177g KC Pro Roc [newish]
175g DX Rancho Roc [worn]
166g DX Rancho Roc [worn]
179g DX Rancho Roc [beat]

175g Star Aviar BB [new] <-- driving
175g Star Aviar BB [new] <-- driving
175g KC Pro Aviar [newish] <-- putting only
172g JK Pro Aviar-X [beat] <-- touch disc

So it's 4 BB Aviars, 4 Rocs, 4 TB, 4 Orions, 1 FB.
17 discs, 6 molds

disc junkie said:
DRIVERS

Distance

175 Champ Wraith (Tuned Understable)
168 Champ Wraith(Poppy Top) (Just for Fun)
175 Domey Champ Wraith (Main D Driver)
169 Champ Destroyer(Poppy Top) (Main D Drive x2, more fade than the wraith)
175 Champ Destroyer(Poppy Top) (same as above but more stable)
175 Z Force (What Headwind)
172 Discmania PD (Longer TB)

Control

171 Star TL (Tuned Understable)
172 Star TL (Pretty much everything)
175 12x TB (I heart TB)
175 11x Champ FB (Ohhh baby)

MIDS

173-178 Cryztal Buzzz
180 DX Roc
180 DX Roc
175 Star Whippet X

PUTTER

174 M Wizard (much firmer than below) (Driver/Approach Putter)
172 M Wizard (very soft for a M) (Longer Putts, Anhyzer Approaches)

modified for greatness!! hahahaha (I carry a bunch of discs, but thats for those days when I feel like bombing multiples)

Have I taken disc minimalism too far? Am I limiting myself?

Distance:
Champ Destroyer
Champ Destroyer

Specialty:
Z Flick

Fairway:
12x Champ newish Teebird
11x perfectly beat Teebird
DX currently beating the crap out of Teebird

Midrange:
2nd 1st run newish Buzzz
Z buzzz stable and straight
Pro d flippy Buzzz

Putters:
SS Wizards

All weights are max or near max. Of the drivers, I have a lighter (170g) option for tailwinds and uphill. On flat ground during field testing I don't see my lighter discs getting much more distance and getting max weights discs are easier to find and keep consistent. I'm considering swapping out the flick for a predator. I roll with teebirds as well as I do with discs like roadrunners or sidewinders. Those destroyers are only getting out to 370 on a good rip so I'm still not able to get them up to cruising speed. They only come out once or twice a round on the biggest open holes. The difference in distance between them and the teebirds is minimal but helpful for the rare occasions they're used. Comments/suggestions welcome

Have I taken disc minimalism too far? Am I limiting myself?

Distance:
Champ Destroyer
Champ Destroyer

Specialty:
Z Flick

Fairway:
12x Champ newish Teebird
11x perfectly beat Teebird
DX currently beating the crap out of Teebird

Midrange:
2nd 1st run newish Buzzz
Z buzzz stable and straight
Pro d flippy Buzzz

Putters:
SS Wizards

All weights are max or near max. Of the drivers, I have a lighter (170g) option for tailwinds and uphill. On flat ground during field testing I don't see my lighter discs getting much more distance and getting max weights discs are easier to find and keep consistent. I'm considering swapping out the flick for a predator. I roll with teebirds as well as I do with discs like roadrunners or sidewinders. Those destroyers are only getting out to 370 on a good rip so I'm still not able to get them up to cruising speed. They only come out once or twice a round on the biggest open holes. The difference in distance between them and the teebirds is minimal but helpful for the rare occasions they're used. Comments/suggestions welcome

I don't think that is too minimalistic, especially if you feel confident that you can pull of the shots you with those discs (actually quite similar to my bag)

Just one thing, do you have something in the midrange category for headwinds or really hard fades? Do you just power down on a Teebird or flick or do you feel that the Z buzz is enough for that?

You've just pin pointed one of my trouble spots for this bag set up. Aside from being hopeless when it's windy out, short flick hyzers or dog leg approaches are tough to finesse with a driver and I have a tendency to flatten out the buzzes where a wasp , gator, drone etc. would hold the turn better. I've read so much on here about how only one mid range is needed so I'm trying it out with the buzzz and using the 2nd 1st run as my over stable one. I have a cryztal Z as a back up for that slot too. If Z drones were made as a production item, I'd probably go for that. Wasp is an obvious choice as well but it defeats the purpose of the minimalist approach.

TheTyrant said:
You've just pin pointed one of my trouble spots for this bag set up. Aside from being hopeless when it's windy out, short flick hyzers or dog leg approaches are tough to finesse with a driver and I have a tendency to flatten out the buzzes where a wasp , gator, drone etc. would hold the turn better. I've read so much on here about how only one mid range is needed so I'm trying it out with the buzzz and using the 2nd 1st run as my over stable one. I have a cryztal Z as a back up for that slot too. If Z drones were made as a production item, I'd probably go for that. Wasp is an obvious choice as well but it defeats the purpose of the minimalist approach.

I tried that with the buzzz and it didn't work, even with the second fr that i have, then i tried this with d wasps and rocs. I'd stick a z wasp in there too, it's not really gonna KILL your minimalism. Plus the buzzz wasp were made to be a combo. YOu are going to need something that will hyzer harder at the end

Here's my current setup:

Drivers
175g 11x Champ Firebird - thumbers and tommies, headwinds, backhand and sidearm skip shots

175g Champ/CFR/Pro Wraiths (2-5) - various conditions from new and stable champs, to worn and flippy pro. Longest drivers, very versatile, primary driver

175g Champ Orc - new, stable, controlled drives not requiring max distance
173g Champ Orc - worn in, scramble thumbers

175g STAR Sidewinder - worn in and flippy, not seeing much usage lately, but hyzer flips, turnovers, rollers

Mid-Ranges
180g Z Wasp - newish, stable to overstable mid-range, righty backhand hyzers, short headwind drives

180g D Buzzz (2-3) - new to worn to beat, primary mid-range disc, all shots

180g DX Shark (2) - new and stable & worn and slightly understable - secondary mid-range disc, easier to control for distance than a putter

Putters
175g S Wizards - two for putting, one stable and one understable for selected drives and most upshots

175g DX XD - beat and very flippy, turnover upshots and short drives

Plastics I'm Slinging Tonight @ Our First Weekly Of The Year

170 wiz for puttin
175 wiz trashed for driving and upshots
170somthing old ontario roc for turnovers
175 beat straight rancho
178 newish rancho
174 trashed dx teeb
172 newish dx teeb
175 cFr glow teeb
175 beat pro wraith
170 nicely seasoned kc wraith
174 beat z pred

The ace pot carried over from last year at 500 or so bucks = 250+ for an ace tonight. Lot's of baskets in the short position, I'm gonna throw up some ace runs.

Depending on the wind I may put a heavy non trashed wiz in. Might also add a z xtreme because it is the perfect disc for a skip ace on one hole. Has anyone noticed that z xtreme's always skip basket high??? My preds sometimes skip low then skip again.

150 CE Sidewinder
163 CE Monarch
169 CE Valkyrie
168 CE Wraith
150 ESP Avenger
174 ESP Buzzz
174 Supersoft Wizard
175 CE Banshee

Just being anal, but that's not CE stuff. Its Champion, not Champion Edition. Not bein rude, just sayin FYI.

Getting back to the KISS method for a bit.

2 KC Aviars
1 DX Aviar
2 DX Rocs
1 KC Roc
1 DX Teebird
2 Star TLs
1 Z Predator

I recently took the faster discs (except the pred) out, and added the Teebird. Once it starts turning over, I'll probably drop the TLs and add another Teebird or 2.

dgdave said:
Just being anal, but that's not CE stuff. Its Champion, not Champion Edition. Not bein rude, just sayin FYI.
There's a dude around here that sells discs that always calls Champ CE. Drives me nuts too.