• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats in your bag 2007

Revo Mini Blue/Black

Champ Destroyer
Champ Wraith
Champ Starfire
Z Flick
Champ Teebird

Z Wasp
Star Cro
Z Buzz
Champ Cobra

S S Warlock
S M Wizard

Revo Carolina Gold/Grey

Champ Destroyer
Champ Teerex X
Champ Wraith
Champ Starfire X
Champ SL
Champ Firebird
Z Flick
Champ Teebird

Z Wasp
Z Buzz
Star Cro
Champ Cobra

S S Warlock
S M Wizard

Just started, But heres my humble little collection...

-DX Gazelle
-Star TL

-DX Roc

-"S" Med. Wizard

It isn't much but its pretty versatile - I don't plan to add any more molds until I get better over the winter/spring. Then I'll probably move up to a longer driver or replace discs I love with others that catch my eye. (want to try Aviars and champ sharks sometime). Hopefully by then I'll have thrown a few other peoples molds and that will help me decide.

Jsw said:

-DX Gazelle
-Star TL

-DX Roc

-"S" Med. Wizard

It isn't much but its pretty versatile

I agree. Furthermore I don't think you would need anything else to be a competitive golfer. Maybe add another roc when one starts getting beat, same with the gazelle, TL, and wiz. Add one overstable disc (Pred, Fbird, spirit, etc. a banshee might suit you well also)

What else do you need? TL's go hella far, I've found myself using my star and champ tls off the tee for pretty much everything. If there is headwind ill pull out a champ TB.

JSW - are you in good health yet?

Jsw said:

-DX Gazelle
-Star TL

-DX Roc

-"S" Med. Wizard

It isn't much but its pretty versatile - I don't plan to add any more molds until I get better over the winter/spring. Then I'll probably move up to a longer driver or replace discs I love with others that catch my eye. (want to try Aviars and champ sharks sometime). Hopefully by then I'll have thrown a few other peoples molds and that will help me decide.
The force is strong with this one.

If you change the TL to a regular TB, maybe add a DX TB and add a very overstable driver you'll have a pretty standard "DGR" bag.

I forsee that you will try a bunch of other discs but eventually end up with a bag almost exactly like the one you posted.

garublador said:
Jsw said:

-DX Gazelle
-Star TL

-DX Roc

-"S" Med. Wizard

The force is strong with this one.

If you change the TL to a regular TB, maybe add a DX TB and add a very overstable driver you'll have a pretty standard "DGR" bag.

I forsee that you will try a bunch of other discs but eventually end up with a bag almost exactly like the one you posted.

thanks 8) Yeah I read up on a lot of the articles and searched a lot of threads before i made my selections I figured it was a good minimalist-beginner friendly bag. They are all at middle weights too(around 169g) - so I can get a feel for if i like heavier or lighter, so far so good on the ones i have though!

uNicedmeMan - Still feeling a little crappy, I figure a weekend of just sleeping and watching football will do me good though. Hopefully by New Years i'll be 100% and ready to rip. The majority of these discs have shipped to me while i've been sick so I'm itching to actually get them out on the coarse. We should arrange for a round at Rockburn - I need to return Sharkys' disc i found and i want to play with some people who can teach me a few things haha, I'll bring some Boh's.

Thanks for the input guys, DGR has probably saved me from wasting a lot of money on uninformed decisions.

***EDIT*** I'm still learning the terms, I think you guys are basically suggesting i get a bigger D "overstable" driver down the road? I'm not sure if it falls under that category - But i also have a DX orc(175) laying around - I'm having trouble getting it to fly straight though, it always wants to break left hard. I don't use it as a result and didn't list it in my collection - but it's there for when i develop my technique a little more 8)

Jsw said:
***EDIT*** I'm still learning the terms, I think you guys are basically suggesting i get a bigger D "overstable" driver down the road? I'm not sure if it falls under that category - But i also have a DX orc(175) laying around - I'm having trouble getting it to fly straight though, it always wants to break left hard. I don't use it as a result and didn't list it in my collection - but it's there for when i develop my technique a little more 8)
We're actually talking about some sort of higher speed, really overstable driver, not necessarily something used for distance. It will be used for heavy headwinds and hyzer shots. I'd recommend getting one more sooner than later and working on spike hyzers with it. You won't know how you lived without that shot once you have it. Discs like the Champ Firebird, Champ Banshee, E Spirit or Z Predator would fall in this category.

Oh i see, sorry - I'm still grappling with all the different terms and what they mean :lol:

I was warned to stay away from very fast, overstable drivers starting out - because they were very difficult to throw accurately and i would probably just get more distance on something easier to control and throw while starting out anyway - i guess this isn't exactly correct?

Is a hyzer spike basically like a roller that you want to just sit instead of roll?

Jsw said:
Oh i see, sorry - I'm still grappling with all the different terms and what they mean :lol:

I was warned to stay away from very fast, overstable drivers starting out - because they were very difficult to throw accurately and i would probably just get more distance on something easier to control and throw while starting out anyway - i guess this isn't exactly correct?

Is a hyzer spike basically like a roller that you want to just sit instead of roll?

Staying away from fast overstable drivers is great advice for straight or anhyzer throws on golf lines without a lot af speed on the disc. Spike hyzers are throws where the disc is thrown high so that it stays al the way in a steep counterclockwise angle. For those throws very overstable drivers are fine. Once you develop enough power they can be very reliable discs for straight to left turn in the end throws. Or right away for short throws that can't fly high like spike hyzers but still need to move a lot to the left like around a tree.

Jsw said:

That's true, but with the discs I described you won't be trying to throw them straight or far.

A spike hyzer is when you throw with a very steep hyzer angle (with the outer edge lower than the inner edge). It's the opposite angle as a roller.

Just ordered some discs and updated my bag. Haven't had a chance to play with all of the discs yet but I'm very excited.

Drivers:
Z Pred 173g
ESP Pred 173g
FLX pred 174g
2x Star Destroyer 175g
2x DX Teebird 174g, 175g
2x X Xpress 170g

Mids:
3x DX Roc 180g, 176g

Putters:
4x Aviar P&A
Medium Wizard 175g(for really windy days)

Latest posts