• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's In Your Bag: Part 3 - Fairways

C-FD (3rd run, not domey, seasoned)
C-FD (2nd run, 168g)
Sexton Firebird
Champ Firebird (FAF, 172g)

I mainly carry a small bag (RDG Gecko). My setup is very simple:

* 175g MVP Resistor (Seasoned)
* 175g Axiom Crave (Seasoned)

I also carry an Axiom Wrath, but its around speed 10 so its pushing into DD territory IMO.

I love these two discs. The Resistor flies straight longer than a fresh one would before the fade kicks in. Max power rips BH and FH into a headwind it never turns, yet from beating it in over the past 3 years its actually got some glide now.

The Crave is just amazing. Very neutral line shaper, this one has a bit more glide and a hair more high speed turn than fresh ones. I love this disc for forehands off the tee that are a bit longer than I like flicking mids (220-320'), hyzer flipping it through a tunnel, and long hyzers with tons of lateral carry thanks to the glide. Its also surprisingly long for how narrow the wing is...its often within 15' of my best throw when I do field work with discs of all speeds.

Crave and Resistor pretty much feel the same, except the Resistor has a higher PLH and is a touch flatter. I love that about this pair.

When I carry a full sized backpack with every disc I could possibly want, I carry the following:

* 175g Resistor (fresh)
* 175g Resistor (seasoned)
* 175g Plasma Crave (Fresh)
* 175g Neutron Crave (Seasoned)
* 175g Eclipse Volt (Seasoned)
* 175g Neutron Volt (First run, seasoned)

Obviously the fresher versions of the Crave / Resistor fly a little more overstable, and the Eclipse Volt fits between the two as far as stability goes. The Volt still has great HSS but minimal fade for a speed 9 stable disc. Incredibly straight. The first run Volt is like a longer seasoned Crave...its got some high speed turn and a little fade. Like the Crave, freaky long for its wing size.

Last edited:
3-4 Gazelles. Sometimes a Cheetah in that mix. But usually just the Gazelles.

Oh, if people are including speed 9s, then I carry the 3-4 Gazelles at speed 6 and 3-4 OLFs (and an occasional Firebird) at speed 9.

I currently carry 3 FDs.
G Line, Swirly S Line, 2nd Run C Line.

The last two years I carried the XXX. I am currently testing out a Sexton Firebird and Flat Top Champion Firebird (which I just aced with so it may be a sign).

I also have an old patent number S Line PD and sometimes a C Line PD. I feel like the 2nd run FD overlaps with these sometimes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

In addition to my Eagles and Leo3 I also bag:
Champ Firebird: its a Firebird need I say more?
G-CD2: OHs as well as straight BHs
Champ ORC: BH distance
C-PD (fresh): FH flex shots for max D
C-PD (seasoned): FH shots that end Left (RHFH), BH hyzers
S-PD: straight FHs and Flex BHs
P-PD: Hyzerflip BH

Got some predators for over stable stuff
Trying out undertakers and mantis for the rest.
So far the undertakers fly great, straight out the box with good fade. Should beat into a very dependable fairway driver.

I only consider speeds 6-8 as Fairway Drivers:

Gstar Tbird3- slightly seasoned a little fade

Gstar TL3 -New, needs a little beating up to go dead straight

Champ TL- a little more OS, good for FH

DX Leopard-new, still great for hyzer flips and turnovers

Gstar Leopard3- new, still getting used to it, more OS than I anticipated, great for straight shots atm

Star type-Zombeee- Longer BUZZZ

162g DGA FF Sail, Champion and StarLite Valkyrie. I haven't used a leopard in a long time idk why. Leo3 might be worth a shot

This area is a crucial but fluid part of my bag.

Solidly in the bag:
TL - usually in Star but sometimes in Champ. Straight with pretty reliable fade.
Banshee - Champion plastic. Overstable, I use it like many of you use a Firebird. Reliable fade, good skip when I want it.

working into it:
FD - normally C-Line but recently acquired an S-Line.
Icon Patriot - just acquired, will see if it can beat out the FD or River.
River - in Gold Line plastic. For turnover/anny shots, but uses are limited and I don't always carry it.

A little faster:
Gold Line Fury - for when I absolutely have to have that turnover/anny shot.
Sidewinder - actually I consider this more of a distance disc than a fairway/control disc.
Saint/Thunderbird/Starfire - for overstable uses, which one depends on weather, courses, etc.

Standard/(MVP only)

Champ Banshee (N Resistor) - OS stuff
Champ Eagle X (N Clash) - straight to fade
GL Seer (N Signal) - Flippy

Olfs and Rivers for me. Also using a super os felon right now. Kinda want to go with the fb for that slot to go with the olfs but not sure

Champion Firebird, normal amount of dome, very beat up, but very little loss of stability
Star Firebird, stiff, fairly flat, and with very little stability loss
Gstar Firebird, very beat and is used as my overstable Teebird like spot
Pinnacle Rival, practically brand new, no turn at all, and a bit of fade at the end
Pinnacle Rival, lots of use, still only a little turn, almost no fade
Biofuzion Thief, well worn and floppy when thrown hard, but very neutral if thrown at about 75% or less

Standard ITB:
Champ Firebird - OS
Star Thunderbird - main driver, decent stability
G* Thunderbird - Straight driver
Star Teebird - stable
Star TL - straight and long
Star Leopard3 - straight with some stability
Gold Line River - US

testing:
Pro Thunderbird - making it flippy
Champ Savant - testing it out. feels like it sits between thunderbird and teebird
G* Leopard - working to US
Z Heat - won in tourney and looking for long turnover shot

Latest posts