• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's In Your Bag?

ERicJ

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Here's my list of disc golfing supplies above and beyond my normal discs and mini...

Before I play

In my bag all the time

In the car -or- used as needed

Food
  • Jerky
  • Target Archer Farms Blueberry Blend Trail Mix

After Playing

Wow.. I travel very light in comparison. I only carry my discs and a towel to dry them with. I keep a small notepad in my pocket as well that I use to write down random thoughts/reminders throughout the day and my score when playing DG. I have DGCR business cards in there too (that's a given :)).

I also normally stuff my wallet, car keys and phone into one of the pockets so I'm not weighed down when throwing.

With the exception of the Bogey Free Bag and water bottles (when full) everything else in my bag is actually pretty light. At one time or another I've used just about everything in my bag so that's why it's all there.

Those water bottles do get heavy, but it's now Summer in Texas and when we played Wilmont last weekend I went through both bottles with no problem. Despite filling them completely full of ice cubes they didn't stay cold for long in the 100+ degree sun that day. Heck, I need to start freezing the second one solid the night before I play so maybe it'd have a chance of still being cool by the time I get to it on the course.

While playing I too usually zip up my keys in one of the bag's pockets so there's no chance of them falling out while playing.

Eric J you are hard core man! I do carry a decent amount of stuff but you take the cake. I don't think even a donkey or camel could carry what you do. You must have legs like tree trunks. = )

Little did I know then... but all those years of carrying around heavy bags of newspapers as a paperboy prepared me well for this sport ;)

I am like Timg, I only carry discs, towel, Retrieval pole if the course has water. It is hot here in the south so water is a must but I usually drink between rounds and do not carry water in my bag. Keys and cell phone too.

I am like Timg, I only carry discs, towel, Retrieval pole if the course has water. It is hot here in the south so water is a must but I usually drink between rounds and do not carry water in my bag. Keys and cell phone too.

I don't even take a bag 90% of the time. I take the exact same things as you do. 4 discs, towel, disc retrieval pole, phone, and keys. I even drink between rounds also.

interesting I carry a bottle of gatorade in my bad phone in bag and cigs in bag and my discs I have flx discraft discs like avenger buzz and surge so if wet out use those you all pack pretty heavy

Here is what I have in my Innova Deluxe Bag:

Pro Valkyrie- Max distance driver

Champ Valkyrie- Used for long sweeping hyzers

FLX XL- Goes straight and fades left at the end

Z-XL -Fairway driver

Champ Panther -Straight midrange with fade at the end

Beat Star Coyote -Control midrange, will hyzer, anhyzer, or will fly straight.

Dx Stingray - Midrange to short anhyzers.

Star Monster- Very overstable shots, usually getting out of the rough and bushes.

DX Dragon - Shots over and around water

Soft Magnet- Approach shots

New Star Coyote - Main putter

I also carry in my bag:

Two Towels - One for me , and one to clean mud and dirt off the discs.

Mini Clip Board

Score Cards

Pencils and a couple of pens

Sharpies

3 Mini marker discs

Aleve and Pepto

Pocket calculator

Bug Repellent

Spray Sun block

floating disc retriever and string- for getting my Dragon out of the water

Soft Ball - Getting stuck discs out of the trees.

Eric, I never told you, thanks for all your post on this thread. All those links must have taken you a long time, but I have looked at most of it. You have some great ideas. I started stocking my trunk with items that I used to just leave at home, so I can go straight to any park to play and not have to go home first. Thanks again for the hard work bro!

You're welcome.

Hopefully it gives people some ideas of things that could make their game better or easier. The disc golf community has been very nice in welcoming a newbie like me and I'm just glad I can give back where I can.

Wow, I didn't expect that impressive list when I saw this thread I thought it would be just about discs, I tend to carry...
1 32 Oz water bottle
1 mini (currently a glass blown mini I got at the Rose City Open)
1 microfiber towel
1 3 pronged folding chair (from Huk Lab)

As for my discs, I carry

3 175 D Soft Magnets
2 178 Z Buzzes
2 175 ESP Supercolor Buzzes
3 172 Z XLs (in different stages of beatness)
2 174 Z Extremes
2 173 ESP Pulses
3 X Avengers (1 162 gram 1 164 gram and 1 167 gram for differences in stablilty)

All Discraft, all the way.

Wow Eric....and everyone said I carry too much in my bag. I don't carry all the extra gear that you do but I do carry a LOT of discs, I don't use them all ...but there are certain situations that you can get into in a tournament that you really think "now I wish I had that disc right now", so I just carry everything I know...just in case. Here's what I have
Discs:
2 blowflys 171g one is older-putter the other is approaches
omega ss 171g
Star cro 171g
Pro ryno 171g
Champ Banshee 170g
Champ flick 174g
Champ chrush 173g
2 star destroyers 168g
champ t-bird 174g
Champ TL 171g
Orion sirious 165g
star roadrunner 163g
star sidewinders 163g, and 171g
orion sirious LF 168g
Star starfire 168g
Star SL 168g
Star Gator 171g
Champ Spider 175g
Champ Panther 171g
Star skeeter 166g

Gear:
chapstick
2 pencils
1 sharpie
Birdie bag
2 markers
Gatorade water bottle
2 towels<1 on bag, 1 on me>
gear I wear:
2 pair socks, under armour, then thicker crew hiking socks outer
merrels
shirt is always nike dri-fit polo
shorts

In car :
backups for almost every disc
Umbrella
cooler with another gatorade bottle <just switch out between rounds>
1-2 bottles gatorade<depends how hot>
Hat

Also along with the backups for my faves, I also carry some other discs that I use from time to time, or some that I use to throw but don't anymore. Sometimes wind will be light one round, then get heavier, so I'll switch out understable to more stable to fight wind. You never know, that switch may just gain you one stroke overall in a tournament, and with the guys I compete against one stroke may just be the win!

I would have to write notes in sharpie on my discs if I carried as many as some of you guys: "this red destroyer hiccups a bit more than his blue brother". I take 3 discs in hand, and if I remember, I'll tuck a towel in my shorts waist. Thomas Gray got it right, "..."ignorance is bliss..." Amenities like water and dry socks, phone, etc stay in the car.

I like this thread!

I've got a Gorilla Boy Chimpanzee, typically with about 12 discs in it.

IMG_4012.JPG

Other than the discs, I carry:

• A golf towel with our club logo on it
  • A pink bandana that I keep in my pocket and use as a rag
  • A mini with our other club logo on it
  • 32oz Nalgene bottle
  • bottle opener
  • bag tags
  • chapstick
  • a 6oz flask
  • LEDs for glow rounds
  • swiss army knife
  • a little waterproof bag for my phone or camera if I have it
  • hard sunglasses case with extra lenses
  • some sort of energy type bar
  • a folded up plastic grocery bag that I'll use to carry trash I find on the course
  • a sharpie and a pen (rarely a pencil though - go figure)
  • small LED flashlight
  • some random blank scorecards
  • hand pruners at one specific course

I think that is about it that I carry all the time. I'll also carry a windshirt or a rain coat depending on the weather. In the winter I usually have an extra hat and some hand warmers. I typically have some beers and a can coozie with me as well.

I keep some spare discs, a stool, bug spray, creek shoes, and suntan lotion in the car - I'll keep extra fluids there as well if I know it will be a long day.

Usually stash my keys/wallet/phone/camera in the bag - I don't like too much in my pockets when I play.

Last edited:
2 pro Rhynos
JK Aviar
Star Stingray
Pro Cobra
Champ Gator
Champ Monarch
Pro Beast
Champ Beast
Star TeeBird
Star TL
Star Wraith
Champ Groove
Pro Destroyer (lost last night)
2 minis

Tecnu
Leatherman
Baseball for retrieving discs
Bugspray
Silver Sharpie
Black Sharpie
Beer and/or liquor
Extra Pencils
Scorecards

Aside from my discs, just a pair of sandals and a slingshot.
I saw a guy in one of our tournaments shoot his disc out of a tree with a wrist rocket. (One shot. I was impressed) Is this what you use yours for?

In the bag: 30 discs, 2 32oz nalgene water bottles, cell phone, keys, lights for night golf, cash, mini marker, sharpee, pens/pencils, microfiber towels, led flashlight, golf balls for getting disc out of trees, 33 feet of string to measure off putts if the need ever arose, PDGA rule book, homemade scorecard, sunflower seeds or gum
In the truck just in case: back-up discs, guest bag of discs, 6 foot suction cup retriever for discs in the water, collapsable chair, duck tape, pocket knife, string, lights for night golf, first aid kit, bug spray, sun block, extra socks, towel, sunflower seeds
I'm like you Eric...I don't like not being prepared

Latest posts