• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's NEVER leaving your bag?

I would say my beat CE Teebird T. It's just perfect for hyzerflips / turnovers, but i know it will shatter eventually

What's NEVER leaving your bag?

Pretty much my entire bag. (All seven discs) Aside from replacing worn out stuff, it hasn't changed in years and I've stopped looking for new discs. When I run out of DX Aeros, I'll probably not replace them and just use a QMS in their place.

RW aviars are my putting putters. I try other stuff from time to time but nothing can replace it.

Glo Flx Buzzz until I lose it and can't find a replacement. I keep trying to replace it with something stock, but nothing feels so nice and flies so consistently for me in the 265-275 ft range.

Neutron Envy feels like it's going to stay in the bag forever as well, but still too early to know.

FB and TB are as safe as anything. I got backups of backups for backups. They are as safe as anything for the foreseeable future.

Envy and Resistor. All the others take turns in and out of the bag but those two stay because they are so unique.

Let's revive this thread.
The only thing that's survived from my first post is a sidewinder.
Probably will add the nova, unless someday I decide to putt with something else.

I would say my beat CE Teebird T. It's just perfect for hyzerflips / turnovers, but i know it will shatter eventually

Thats funny because I have a beat red CE teebird also and its probably the most flippy disc I own. I've been thinking about using it for rollers though. Mine is pretty gummy also so I think that will help in keeping it from cracking.

inertia and believe it or not my mamba.... Those are my only sure bets...

i never gel'd with my star mambas. Not exactly super flippy, not stable.
Are you using them as rollers? anhyzers?

i never gel'd with my star mambas. Not exactly super flippy, not stable.
Are you using them as rollers? anhyzers?

I generally try to keep the same throwing forms and just change my equipment to manipulate the flight type. I use a champion mamba for straight long holes that need to finish right. I throw it on a slight hyzer which allows it to flip up and turn right with very little forward fade.

Can't imagine taking a few discs out of the bag:

-Champ Teebird: really good at flying straight with fade. Works at a variety of power levels, fights mild winds and is comfortable in the hand. The best fairway I've used and I've yet to find one that I like more

-Wizards: I live I'm St. Louis and have access to the gateway factory. They fly great, putt great & are incredibly cheap. Bc I can feel them prior to buying, no reason to putt with anything else.

-D1's: I've thrown a lot of distance drivers. I'm not saying this mold fits my game the best, I just rarely throw distance drivers. I have a stash of them that fly nicely & I can't imagine learning a new mold just to get similar results. I'm a champ plastic fan & 400s is a beautiful feeling blend that has glide. They're safe.

Everything else, including my beloved rocs, could be moved around. I don't golf enough to over haul any slot though.

Less than a year later and I've booted these "never leaving the bag" molds....

I've got my Teebird in the bag but only bc I lost my $ Crave.
Distance drivers went by the wayside once MVP's speed 10's were released
Wizards were replaced by my own putters! And now I love MVP/Axiom's Envy/Proxy for longer outter shots.

This proves to me that I get more enjoyment out of trying new stuff and working with smaller companies than keeping my bag consistent for any period of time. My scores now (without playing nearly as often as I did) are as strong, if not stronger, than they were last year.

The one disc that I have had forever in my bag is a Pro-Line Illusion that is for overhand shots only...

My Current "Locks" would be:
-Scales/Serpents: hard to leave molds that you produce
-Teslas: I love this mold. It's the perfect speed/stability to be my workhorse driver on longer courses
-Theory: just recently was given this mold but WOW is it a nice weapon in the bag. My Mystics flew very similar lines but we're much more inconsistent and had inferior plastic. The theory is the smoothest mid I've thrown and really has made the medium low power hyzer flip a go to shot.

I can't see my bag without my Prodigy D1 Air (furthest flying disc I've thrown).....Other discs in my bag I REALLY like are: G* Destroyer, Champion Viking, Prodigy M1 & MVP Inertia

1. Teebirds. I carry six. Two dx. A two year old dx for trick shots, powered down turnovers/ hyzer flips. A yellow dx for turnovers (lost my echo star turnover month ago or so). two echo star teebirds. One is working into a turnover disc during practice. One is super straight and lighter weight for tailwinds. I have a champ green that is my goto. Nearly perfect amount of high speed turn for long straight shots with little fade or holds any line. Then I have a brinster for overstable/ serious headwinds.

2. Thunderbirds

3. Destroyers

4. Roc3

5. Nova

Could get away from 2-5 but have a feeling that as my distance and technique grows they'll be even better. I rarely throw a round without using all. Which can't be said for my kc pro aviar, gator, beat wizard. Lost my turnover atlas or I would throw a atlas a lot more. Come on summer!!

Rancho Rocs
Sentinels
On any course in any conditions, I'll have these.

Last edited:

Latest posts