• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you'd pay for a bag?

Most you'd spend on a bag...

• $50

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • $100

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • $200

Votes: 102 37.5%
  • $300

Votes: 60 22.1%
  • $400

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • $500+

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
Voted 50. I spent zero on my current bag and it's not even a disc golf bag. It's a modified old laptop briefcase type of bag I had. Holds up to 24 discs and room for my water bottle and keys/wallet. It's been pretty bulletproof for the last few years and I play a ton. I just can't see spending 200 bucks on a nice bag, seems way overpriced to me and I'd rather buy plastic then spend that money on a bag. If this bag ever breaks down I'll build a backpack bag for less then 30.

[/COLOR]

This. IMO a bag is just a means of transporting disc. A $200+ bag is not going to help my game any more than a 2nd hand $40 bag.

I don't think any of us who are willing to spend more are claiming it helps our game. For me, having the Simian makes it much easier for me to carry everything I want to have on a road trip where I'm playing a bunch of new courses, and having the seat is great without having to carry it around in my hand. I've played well over 1000 rounds with my simian, so for less than a quarter a round I have a bag I really like that is more comfortable and has more storage than the cheap bags I used before. I couldn't care less what other people use to carry their discs, but it's silly to assume that all of us who carry more expensive bags have that silly a motivation to do so.

[/COLOR]

This. IMO a bag is just a means of transporting disc. A $200+ bag is not going to help my game any more than a 2nd hand $40 bag.

Lol

I don't think any of us who are willing to spend more are claiming it helps our game. For me, having the Simian makes it much easier for me to carry everything I want to have on a road trip where I'm playing a bunch of new courses, and having the seat is great without having to carry it around in my hand. I've played well over 1000 rounds with my simian, so for less than a quarter a round I have a bag I really like that is more comfortable and has more storage than the cheap bags I used before. I couldn't care less what other people use to carry their discs, but it's silly to assume that all of us who carry more expensive bags have that silly a motivation to do so.

This. Not to mention when you play in an all day/weekend tournament and are lugging around food/gear in case it rains/gear for different temperatures/extra discs in case you lose one, a bag that has comfortable straps, rides well, and can carry aforementioned stuff is pretty important.

If you're playing multiple rounds in a day/weekend/week and you're less fatigued because your bag fits you better, and you don't expend mental energy thinking about said fatigue or even drawbacks about your current bag, then yes, it could actually make you play better. Probably not a lot, I'll concede, but I definitely see value in my own comfort.

I really don't know. My current bag is just a Crunch Box, but I've been eyeing the Dynamic Discs Soldier Bag (out in April for 50ish dollars) But looking at that made me look at the Ranger, and it's very tempting. It's just 125 dollars more. And I don't have to wait until April. But... It's 125 dollars more. I don't have money for that.

So, in conclusion, I have no idea. Somewhere between 50 and 175.

I would have never guessed at how well Disc Golfers have become at being consumers. :|