• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's this basket worth?

Sneaky Alligator

Par Member
My buddy needs $ and I need a basket. He has a portable Mach 3 about 5-6 years old. I don't want either of us to get cheated, so what's your best guess on its value? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread.

Really depends on how it's holding up. Is it heavily used? Is it bent? Does it come with the mounting equipment? Mach 3s are probably around the $300 ballpark new, maybe $350 even. I wouldn't pay more for it than a new DiscCatcher Sport or Mach 2, so that puts me in the range of $100-$150. Without pictures, that's where I would start.

If it's garage kept, it probably hasn't seen a whole lot of weather abuse. I might be tempted to offer him $150 or so in that case.

A brand new Mach 3 portable from DGA runs $420+ shipping. I think $300 to $320 is a fair deal for the basket. It will be around as long as you will be alive. It's an awesome practice basket for home. It's not often you get a chance to buy a basket like this at that kind of price.

Last edited:
200 is fair. it will last forever. i doubt he could get much more than that if it were sold locally.