• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's your favorite FH disc?

Opto Striker for straight control drives, and the Proton Volt for shots where I need a fade. I like my Sword for forehand shots too.

My most used discs sidearm
Distance Drivers - C-PD, Beat C-PD
Fairway Drivers - Brinster Champion Teebird, Star Leopard
Mids - KC/DX Rocs
Putters - KC Aviar

I throw sidearm with a majority of my discs. My go to sidearm disc by far is my Brinster Champion Teebird. It holds a dead straight line in a headwind & is great on shorter touch shots. When theres little to no wind I can always count on it to go dead straight & have just a little fade at the end. I get my max distance forehand with my PDs but use my Teebird a lot more.

I started out RHFH'ing with a Westside Underworld 167g, I just bought a Discraft Flick 174g and have been using that to my advantage, one hole at my most played course I could barely drive more than 150-200 feet, instant I used the Flick I got 250-300 feet easily, best drive out of my group that round

I throw sidearm with a majority of my discs. My go to sidearm disc by far is my Brinster Champion Teebird. It holds a dead straight line in a headwind & is great on shorter touch shots. When theres little to no wind I can always count on it to go dead straight & have just a little fade at the end. I get my max distance forehand with my PDs but use my Teebird a lot more.

My Brinster has been in the bag for a couple months and is still wicked-stable (for a Teebird at least). Is yours lighweight or seasoned fairly well? I've been curious to see how the flight of these might change over time....

In 1996, I used to take a Barracuda that had between 3 and 6 nice tree collisions under its belt, hold it at a 45 degree angle and snap off a RHFH with it. It would flip up from its hyzer angle and fly dead straight ahead for about 250'. THAT was my primary drive. Whoopie, I know, but it still made Disc Golf addicting! I did this until I started going to leagues for the first time and seeing good players, none of them emulating my style. :)

I was astonished when I saw those guys take Cyclones and Gazelles and have their way with the course, but it would take me another 8 years or so before I could throw a reliable backhand. Until then, it was the X-Clone and Banshee that allowed me to at least hold my own in Am-1 as a RHFH player.

Last edited:
Currently:
170 beat champ banshee.

Past:
167 beat champ teebird
170 beat Z Flash
170 best ESP Force

I guess I like em beat.

Well if I'm going for distance it's the Legend Rival. Approach and precision shots is the GL Trident. Putt and short approach I flick a 400s PA1.

Destroyer, Wraith, Stalker, Teebird & Firebird are my FH discs. The Destroyer is the most comfortable in my hand for FH followed by the Wraith. The others shine for functionality but not comfort.

My most used discs sidearm
Distance Drivers - C-PD, Beat C-PD
Meat Hook - Champion Firebird
Fairway Drivers - Brinster Champion Teebird, Star Leopard
Mids - KC/DX Rocs
Putters - KC Aviar
I forgot to add the Firebird to my list. Such a reliable disc.
My Brinster has been in the bag for a couple months and is still wicked-stable (for a Teebird at least). Is yours lighweight or seasoned fairly well? I've been curious to see how the flight of these might change over time....
I love Teebirds, I carry 4 in my bag at all times. Ive got Brinster & stock stamp JL Teebirds. They all weigh between 170 -175. They definetly are beefy for Teebirds. They beat in great, similar to 11xs. They lose their fade while retaining their resiatence to turn. Its great because they beat in laser straight. I like JL Teebirds because they have similar flight characteristics to 11x Teebirds. The Brinster Teebird I currently bag weighs 175. Its beat up a little but only enough that its lost some fade. My beat stock stamp JL Teebird in my bag is dead straight.

If I throw a disc, it will be FH. That said, aside from the obvious answers like Firebird, Zone, Trident, etc., I really like flicking Zombees and Sidewinders.

My favorite disc to forehand is pobably my Force, but I'll flick anything in my signature depending on what's necessary, except my Nuke. I'd rather flick a Hurricane than my Nuke since Hurricanes offer a lot more control than my Nuke without much distance loss.

I FH everything, and the disc i most often grab is my Star Orc. One of my ace discs that i can't live without.

I love Teebirds, I carry 4 in my bag at all times. Ive got Brinster & stock stamp JL Teebirds. They all weigh between 170 -175. They definetly are beefy for Teebirds. They beat in great, similar to 11xs. They lose their fade while retaining their resiatence to turn. Its great because they beat in laser straight. I like JL Teebirds because they have similar flight characteristics to 11x Teebirds. The Brinster Teebird I currently bag weighs 175. Its beat up a little but only enough that its lost some fade. My beat stock stamp JL Teebird in my bag is dead straight.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! :thmbup:

175 gstar teebird

I get the cleanest releases with gstar for some reason.