• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your headwind driver?

Short--ESP Zone
Mid--S Gator, Drone
Longer--Z- Pred, or S Firechicken if I need it to hyzer.

Headwind = lower expectations for me. I've seen some guys still get plenty of distance into a headwind whereas I simply hope to avoid trouble. Maybe its just me but it seems like it is much harder to throw a decent FH drive into the wind.

im all about heavy champ firebirds and star tee-rexeseses chuckin into the wind.

It depends on the headwind and the shot. If it's light, I'll throw just about anything and adjust with hyzer. If it gets a bit worse I'll pick a new version of whatever I'd normally throw (Wizard, Roc, Gazelle, Teebird). If it's moderate and I need distance I'll throw a SOLF. If it's moderate and I need a hyzer or heavy I'll throw a Spirit.

Distance:
Lighter winds, SOLF
Stronger winds, Z/ESP Predator

Fairway:
Lighter winds: Champ Gazelle
Stronger winds: Whippet

Mid-1st run wasp.
Fairway-Pro Eagle-X
Driver-1st run Force.

the 1st runs are a little more stable than the regular ones, and hard to find, but if you do, they are well worth it.

Headwind = lower expectations for me. I've seen some guys still get plenty of distance into a headwind whereas I simply hope to avoid trouble

Since I don't have a big arm (250-275) that has been my theory also. But a few weeks ago I had a shot into a headwind and I wasn't sure what to throw. It was a strong wind and I wanted to get something to go around 250', but still leave me accurate enough to have a chance at a putt. I threw my trusty Cro since it is fairly stable and that thing just kept climbing into the wind and then took a quick, downward left turn and banged off (unfortunately!) the chains from about 250' out. It simply proved to me that I don't know anything, especially when it comes to the wind's impact on my discs. I tought the wind would kill my distance, and instead it probably helped me out.

Teerex, Monster, Star Firebird, Banshee, Whippet, Pig - depending on distance, necessary fade, or wind.

Z Predator.

Well, sounds like I am the odd guy out here.

Halo, Blitz, Force, Champ Boss, Champ Teebird, and putts within 20 feet: an upside down Teebird. :)

Yep Max weight Star Xcal here as well... I've heard several other players on the course identify with that. If I throw the Star Valk it usually goes sightseeing in flippy land.

Newish star wraith. My champ firebird still gives me a nice hyzer even into a headwind.

z pred or z force to be sure...
or if were takin it back, a monster or max.
awfully stable.

It depends on the headwind and the shot. If it's light, I'll throw just about anything and adjust with hyzer. If it gets a bit worse I'll pick a new version of whatever I'd normally throw (Wizard, Roc, Gazelle, Teebird). If it's moderate and I need distance I'll throw a SOLF. If it's moderate and I need a hyzer or heavy I'll throw a Spirit.

Substitute SOLF with Starfire and Spirit with Max and that's what I do.

175g Groove in heavier winds, maybe a 171g Star Wraith if throwing from higher elevation to lower elevation.