• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Are They Now? Josh Anthon

I read all of the articles on Josh Anton last year, Still on the fence about the guy .

I wonder what the victim's family thinks about JA getting a free, open, uncritical channel with which to rehab his image? I'm hoping the writer at least tried to give them a chance to respond, even if it was only to deliver a "no comment." Not doing so would be journalism malpractice.

I wonder what the victim's family thinks about JA getting a free, open, uncritical channel with which to rehab his image? I'm hoping the writer at least tried to give them a chance to respond, even if it was only to deliver a "no comment." Not doing so would be journalism malpractice.

come again?

Well-written article that I felt was very fair-handed.
However, I have no interest in Josh Anthon until his sentence is complete. People make mistakes, but that doesn't mean they don't have to pay for them. When he does his time, we'll see how he carries on from there.

Yeah, I wonder if the writer simply asked his victim's family how they're doing. You know, like any credible journalist would.

For the sake of transparency, I'll chime in on this. He considered it, but preferred to let them be due to sensitivity of the issue. Even if he had tried, I am not sure how he would have been able to contact them other than hounding them on Facebook, which isn't ideal.

I understand how some people might have wanted to see that part addressed, but I don't think that limits his credibility. The breadth of sourcing is otherwise strong.

Could be an epic story if he's able to come back and make a big splash in the game again.

That's a very positive story about Anthon. It sounds like he's a new man, and will be a much better person when he's released in a couple years.

Yeah, I wonder if the writer simply asked his victim's family how they're doing. You know, like any credible journalist would.

On a disc golf website, with an article geared towards disc golfers, you would include a section on the victim's family?

How exactly do you imagine that conversation going?

"Uh, Hi, yeah I'm doing an article on that guy who pleaded no contest to killing your (insert relation) a couple of years ago. It's really about letting his disc golf fans know how he's doing - care to comment?"

Absurd.

Latest posts