• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2021?

Finally made it down to Pipeline and Shoally Creek last weekend.

Shot 4-up from the longs at the former, and I have no idea about the latter. We played 18 from the longs, and then the back 9 from the shorts...:D I was tired by the end, and lost track. I know me and my buddy were neck-and-neck the whole way.

Super-fun courses. Both of them. We first stopped at Tyger River (?), but they were having an event we didn't know about, so it was closed to us at like 09:30. So we went to Pipeline for the first round of the day.

I'll say it again, loud, for the cheap seats: Play Pipeline and Shoally if you haven't already. Those are both worth the trip - from anywhere, really, but we went down from Charlotte. Easy ride, killer golf.

So... Where are all you guys and gals going in 2021?

I think most of my discing travels will stay fairly local this year. We have a family camping trip in June to Big Eau Pleine county park (Mosinee WI). That's my only for sure trip this year. I think I might try Justin Trails late in the season (Late October?), weather (and discing aptitude) permitting.

Would love to get up to Highbridge Hills or the Superior WI area, but I'm not sure that's In the cards this year. Although, my brother in law will be in school up in Ashland, so that could be an excuse to make the drive.

Might try to venture over towards MN a little bit. Not sure if that'll be a this year thing or next year.

Otherwise, I have a ton of courses within ~50 miles of home I haven't played yet. Gotta knock those out.

Otherwise, I have a ton of courses within ~50 miles of home I haven't played yet. Gotta knock those out.

You have an abundance of outstanding disc golf courses within day-trip range. Heck, I'm driving halfway across the country to hit some of the courses in your area.

And, um, attend a wedding. ;)

But nothing wrong with trying out different local courses. If you catch the bagging disease, you can go further afield.

You have an abundance of outstanding disc golf courses within day-trip range. Heck, I'm driving halfway across the country to hit some of the courses in your area.

And, um, attend a wedding. ;)

Very much so! I'm kind of uniquely and fortuitously positioned to be within easy driving of a multitude of good courses. Even my "home area" has several. I'm only and hour and a half from the Twin Cities, 2 hours to Justin Trails, 3ish? From HBH. Definitely lucky. Could easily make the Madison area in an extended trip.

My limitations are less geographical, and more obligational. I wish I would have met disc golf before my wife......LOL

Well, I'm down in South Florida, in the gulf coast side. My wife likes to look for shells on the beach, and Sanibel Island is one of the top shelling beaches in the world.

I've played three course in Fort Myers so far. Brought three discs and lost two of them, so I'm getting my outer only practice in. :D

Hope to visit a friend in the N.C. mountains, who's bought a big piece of land, and see what sort of course he's working on. One that starts at 3 stars, I'm sure, just because I don't have to mow it.

Latest posts