• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2022?

Cape Cod: Visiting friends with spousal unit and hoping to test out the conversion van. . . .

Cape Cod plans have expanded to include visiting a friend in Maine. I am pretty stoked at the opportunity to check off my my remaining New England states (New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine).

Hoping to bag Brakewell Steel, Wilcox Memorial, Salmon Falls, Sabattus, and Porcupine Ridge, among others. Maybe even hop on a ferry and play the Nantucket course, which looks like a blast. :D

Also hoping to play Rutgers. ;)

Colorado trip is postponed until 2023 (health willing, creek don't rise, etc.). Oh well.

Scrapped the Tobaggan/MI idea in September.

Just for the benefit of anyone thinking about hitting Toboggan this year, I wouldn't plan for Sep. I've never seen it open in Aug or Sep. Please read below.

2022 Toboggan availability
Baskets were just installed, and course is freshly mowed. Course will be closed to casual play for the following events:

Thu, Jun 9 - Sun, Jun 12th: USADGC

Thu Jun 28 - Sun Jul 31st: DGPT DGLO

Thu, Sep 29- Sun, Oct 2: Oakland County Championship.

I have it on very good authority that course will be open from Jun 13 - Jul 27, and again from Oct 3rd - 31st.

Honestly don't know if baskets will remain in the ground for Aug or Sep (i.e between DGLO and Oakland county Championship).

If you're thinking about taking a road trip to play this epic course, I highly recommend Oct. It's simply much more enjoyable when the sun doesn't join the course in kicking your @$$.

Pretty sure the park charges $5/person to play Toboggan.

Other area courses I'd recommend:
Same park:
Kensington Black Locust - Blue
Kensington Black Locust - Green. Metro parks charge $10 per car entry fee. $40 annual pass pays for itself after just a few visits if you plan to spend 4+ days in the area.

Nearby
The Lyon's Den 6 miles ; donation recommended
Cass Benton Hills; 17 miles ; absolutely free

Hudson Mills Metro Park; approx 27 miles away ; uses same park pass as Kensington
Hudson Mills Metropark - Original
Hudson Mills Metropark - Monster

Stony Creek Metro Park; approx 60 miles away ; uses same park pass as Kensington
Stony Creek - Buckhorn North
Stony Creek - Buckhorn South

Washtenaw County Parks (different park pass than Metro Parks):
$10 per car per day ; can use same day pass for Indy Lake + Rolling Hills.
Independence Lake County Park - Red Hawk West 20 miles
Independence Lake County Park - Red Hawk East
Rolling Hills County Park - Main 40 Miles

Except for Lyon's Den and Cass Benton, all the courses have a $3/player/day DG Greens fee (on top of the per car entry fee).
Distances are approx. mileage from Kensington.

Suggest you check DG Scene for events at any courses you plan to hit.

wait actually the dates for june/july dont match up

Even though each of these are 3 round events (Fri - Sun), I included the Thu prior to 1st round as "unavailable for casual play," because the course is closed to the public, to allow players registered in the events to practice. I've met quite a few touring pros during those practice Thu's.

Even though each of these are 3 round events (Fri - Sun), I included the Thu prior to 1st round as "unavailable for casual play," because the course is closed to the public, to allow players registered in the events to practice.

so this is a month long to prepare for dglo

or should the jun say jul

so this is a month long to prepare for dglo

or should the jun say jul
You caught me on the underlined.
Jun 28 for DGLO is a typo. Should say July 28.
:doh:

Just for the benefit of anyone thinking about hitting Toboggan this year, I wouldn't plan for Sep. I've never seen it open in Aug or Sep. Please read below.

That was my bad. It was supposed to be October for that trip, I've since changed it to September. Good catch though, and good intel on Toboggan as has been standard from you. :thmbup:

Next year will probably be the year I get over there to play it. I'd like to play some random course named after a fish if possible too but I haven't been able to get a fin in the door there yet ;)

Looking to get back up to Highbridge in August now too, hopefully not for the last time. But it's been a couple years and that's a couple years too long. Really want to see the updates, especially on Blueberry.

The east TN/west NC trip went off flawlessly. Couldn't have been happier with it.

Headed to Chicagoland in a few weeks. Going to try to bag pretty much everything in the SW corner of that area, so Jolietish area instead of Crystal Lake. Should be able to push damn close to 700 on that trip.

Scrapped the Tobaggan/MI idea in September. Going down to KC and back up through NE and a few in SD and MN. Add a couple new states and hit some midwest goodies that way. Going to try to actually hit the Cedar Creek complex with elmex on the way back if he doesn't break himself again like last year ;)

pto request confirmed

im super excited

Going back up to the Northwoods in Wisco at the end of the month.

Planning on getting the last three Highbridge Hills courses (Granite, Blueberry, and Gold) and all of those ones at the very tippy top in the Bayfield/Washburn area. I need to go up there to Red River and get my tribal ID anyways. Haven't even been back to that reservation in over two decades so probably a good idea to go visit.

Want to also grab Standing Rocks on the way up and then hopefully bag Telemark Resort (if they even allow people to play there anymore) and Fiddler's Creek in Hayward. I think I was also planning on bagging the last three courses up in the area where my cabin is. One of them being Camp Luther Pines which is now not letting the public play anymore but I'm just going to feign stupidity and play the "I played here 10 years ago and didn't have any trouble" card if anyone asks if I'm a registered guest at the resort.

I mean, they DID used to let people play there and I think just charged like $3 and I'm pretty sure the only reason why CLP changed its policies was because of covid-19.. which is now pretty much over so maybe if I offer to give them like $5 they'll let me play.

Looking to get back up to Highbridge in August now too, hopefully not for the last time. But it's been a couple years and that's a couple years too long. Really want to see the updates, especially on Blueberry.

Do you have tentative dates for that highbridge trip? I'm trying to figure out a way up there, around that same general time frame.

Do you have tentative dates for that highbridge trip? I'm trying to figure out a way up there, around that same general time frame.

I do not yet. I'll let you know if/when I do.

Headed to Chicago on friday to see Dead and Co. for a couple nights at Wrigley. Got 34 courses lined up, 27 of which will be in Chicagoland if all goes as planned. The rest are in WI so I'll get to pad my stats at home a bit.

Definition of a Bagger trip. A bunch of random ass courses to try and clear out as much of SW Chicago as possible. I'll get to finally play Highland Park so that'll probably be the highlight. That and showing elmex the lines around Lombard. He's gonna have to dismount his high horse about Twin cities disc golf superiority after peepin some of these gems :D

Should hit 700 on some rando course too.

Drove 5.5 hrs from NJ on 7/5 ...Clement Farm in MA , 7/6 Pineland Farms Patriot in ME, 7/9 DR in Orono, ME and Sabattus!, 7/10 stopped at Borderland to rest before seeing a friend nearby but didn't play, 7/11 Maple Hill!, 7/12 NEDGC Spoonwood, 7/13 Tully and tomorrow 7/14 Westy(?) if I have any energy left.

Drove 5.5 hrs from NJ on 7/5 ...Clement Farm in MA , 7/6 Pineland Farms Patriot in ME, 7/9 DR in Orono, ME and Sabattus!, 7/10 stopped at Borderland to rest before seeing a friend nearby but didn't play, 7/11 Maple Hill!, 7/12 NEDGC Spoonwood, 7/13 Tully and tomorrow 7/14 Westy(?) if I have any energy left.

Sounds like a great trip! We toured a similar area but played mostly different courses lol. How did you like Pineland - Patriot? I had hoped to play there on the way home but weather did not cooperate.

This was our first trip with the converted van (and dogs) and it worked great. We stopped to see friends and relatives and camped in their driveways, with one night in a hotel.

This was not primarily a bagging trip but I was able to play most days:

Mt. Lebanon Camp Meeting (PA - 9 hole)
Brakewell Steel / Warwick Park (NY #1 - new state!)
Living Memorial Park (VT - new state!)
Sabattus - Owl (ME - new state!)
Sabattus - Eagle (ME #1, DGCR #15)
Cider Hill Farm (ME)
Burnsboro (ME)
Salmon Falls (NH #1 - new state!)
Burgess Park (MA)
Bittner Park (CT)
Greystone Woods (NJ)

Had hoped to play course #300 on the trip but fell two short. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Latest posts