• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where should I play between St. Louis and Flip City

chains314

This summer, some friends and I are planning to road-trip from St. Louis to Flip City. So far, we are planning to stay the night at Lemon Lake in Crown Point IN (we are camping at courses).

Any great courses with campgrounds you suggest playing/ staying at?

Any courses that can't be passed up that we should pit-stop at?

When you're at Lemon Lake, you're not far from Rogers Lakewood in Valaraiso, a must play imo with some great wooded holes and cool elevation. Up near Flip, the three courses in Mason County Park (Beauty, Beast and Goliath) and nearby Leviathan are all must plays too.

You should stop in Joliet and get in a round at Highland Park, West Park, or Community Park with me :)

There isn't a campground there, but there are a few places not to far off you can camp at.

coles creek has a camp ground onsite and you'd be about 20 min from Foundation Park, #38 on the top 50 this year

coles creek has a camp ground onsite and you'd be about 20 min from Foundation Park, #38 on the top 50 this year

You'll also be close to Effingham (kind of like an Endicott) and Eagle Point in St. Elmo (kind of like a Rockspring). Definitely a great place to stop for a day or two.

^^^^Glad these guys chimed in; try and hook up with both of them to play and give the tour; their suggestions are good. Peoria also has a good selection.

There are good courses in southern Michigan to play on your way to Flip also. And, I assume you're aware, that the Ludington courses and Leviathan are near Flip and are must plays...

Not far from Lemon Lake is Alwoods in Renneselear. Camping avialable there and a pretty good; technical 18 hole course.

*Also...sorry about posting some of the same info you did Mash; didn't catch your post the first time through*

Thanks everybody for your input. My buddies and I are all working to set this all up right. I'll be sure to post the final route and date in hopes that we can meet up with some of the locals.