• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where to buy discs in San Antonio

drgnslyr221

I just moved to San Antonio from DFW.I went looking today for discs and the only place that had them was Dicks.Their selection was small and the prices were about $2 more than I was paying at play it again in ft worth.Can someone tell me a comparable store to play-it-again in san antonio?

Just buy online. Not many stores have a decent selection now a days.

I buy and trade most of my discs online. Also, welcome to San Antonio. You gotta play Brian McClain Park. I love that course. I also have heard great things about Live Oak. I have heard they have 36 holes,and are adding more.

Just ask people what they throw, and if you like it, then order one. 95% of all my discs have come in the mail.

Academy has a larger selection than Dicks. Mainly they carry Innova DX, a couple or three champions(valkyrie, monarch, beast), 2 stars(xcaliber, aviar), some millennium, epic(don't know the name of the manufacturer). They even carry a few lighted discs as well as add on lights and bags.
DX plastics are $7, Champion $12, Star $14, if memory serves.

Planet K also carry discs though they seemed priced a few dollars more than Academy.

Finally the convenience store on Judson nearest to Live Oak disc golf course also carries discs, including discraft.

Besides that, there are no play it again sports in S.A., unfortunately.

Yeah its a bummer.I'm heading up for a day to play circle c in Austin I might just hit up the play it again up there.

Hit up DiscNation, it's on the north side of Slaughter Ln just west of Mary's DGC (aka Searight), which is close to Circle C, and has one of the biggest selections of discs.

Last edited:
I hear the basement in the Alamo has a good selection of discs, as well as Pee Wee's bike.

if you are near Circle C, stop by discnation on Slaughter. They've got one of the best disc selections that I've ever seen. Play it Again and Academy would be my other two choices, Oat Willy's on 29th used to have discs.

House Of The Flying Disc!

There is a pro shop here in San Antonio now. House Of The Flying Disc. Call or text 2102451406 and they also have a Facebook page.

Dont forget to check out universal city, love that course. Mini Sunday morning at 9 if I remember right