• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where to go from here

Fenrir

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 6yrs
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: 75% RHBH, 15% FH, 10% OH/BH rollers
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Challenger : 220/250'; Roc: 250/300'; Leo: 275+

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: I play ball golf as well and am in good shape for the most part, good hand eye and all that.

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?
Like: my mids
Dislike: my fairway/distance slots

Bag:

Putters:
2x 170g pro d challenger (both beat in used for all putts always in my head to maybe try something else but end up going back to them)

171g pro d challenger (newer for of the tee and approach stuff)

171g crystal z challenger (almost new it's the most understable of my putters for some reason used for off the tee and approach)

175g pro pig (used for overstable tee and approach stuff)

Mids:
175g elite x comet (understable stuff)

5x 175-180g Dx rocs (workhorse mids have a few reg Dx a glow Dx and a flat top marshall st one, Trying to beat one to replace the comet. Also I don't carry them all for every round just have some backups)

175g crystal z drone (overstable stuff, flicks, roc shots with a big head wind)

Drivers:
169g champ leopard (flip up shots dead straight lines)

170g Dx eagle x (beat up is pretty flippy but not as predictable as I'd like)

170g elite z predator (beat in goes straight before it fades out)

167g elite z predator (still new hard hooks skip shot ect.)

167g p line PD (still newer straight with a good fade will hold up to some headwind

168g s line PD (slightly beat in some turn before a good fade)

So here are the questions/thoughts
1 I'm thinking about getting a pro leopard to be a flippy/anny disc
2 do I need something besides leopards in between rocs and the other drivers?
3 I'm not sold on PDs I like them but I'm not sure if they are the mold for me. I've used eagle x, teebirds, rivers. Wanting to try OLFs maybe
4 relating to 2 and 3 if I do want a different fairway mold what works the best to give me room to put something faster in on top of it?
5 I'm also trying to keep the mold count down I don't like having to learn a lot of molds so I'd like everything to be useful for a bunch of shots I dot mind beating in discs.

So here are the questions/thoughts
1 I'm thinking about getting a pro leopard to be a flippy/anny disc
2 do I need something besides leopards in between rocs and the other drivers?
3 I'm not sold on PDs I like them but I'm not sure if they are the mold for me. I've used eagle x, teebirds, rivers. Wanting to try OLFs maybe
4 relating to 2 and 3 if I do want a different fairway mold what works the best to give me room to put something faster in on top of it?
5 I'm also trying to keep the mold count down I don't like having to learn a lot of molds so I'd like everything to be useful for a bunch of shots I dot mind beating in discs.

1. Pros will definitely beat in faster than a champ or star, and hold that spot longer than DX. Seems like a reasonable choice. When I threw Leos I'd use a Star for straighter, more controlled shots, and seasoned Pros for turnovers, tailwinds etc. Alternatively, if you found something in premium plastic that had the flight you wanted right out of the box, that's another option.
2. IMO no.
3. OLF's and PD's have similar distance potential. You might like the lines of one more than the other but for raw D I'd keep looking.
4. Personally I carry a selection of discs similar in speed to your Leopard and PD's, covering different stabilities. I go Resistor for OS, Crave for straight, Inspire for moderately understable as far as Leopard speed discs go, then for PD speed I have a fresh Volt for straight to fade, seasoned Volt for dead straight, beat Volt for Valk style S curves, and Amp for understable. IMO if you want to add something faster on top of the Leo or PD, I'd look at the more understable discs. Those have excellent distance potential, my beat Volt is often the furthest flying disc in my bag during field work. You could try something like an Amp, Valk, Impulse, Roadrunner, Surge SS etc. and you might see more distance. In the long run though you would be better off working on mechanics than worrying about finding a new discs though. At your age and fitness you can definitely improve your timing and see another 50' out of your Leo's I would imagine. Have you tried posting a video for critique yet?
5. Your setup seems pretty simple, especially if you cycle Leo's for more US duties. Are there any shots you feel you lack? Any discs that feel redundant?

No I don't feel like I have any real holes in the bag and as far as max d stuff I'm not planing on adding anything longer until I can get my fairways out to 350 consistently and my PDs out to 400 (if I keep them)
I guess it's just a "what if?" Kind of thing for me as far as what molds will do the best at my power.
I'm gonna get a pro Leo when I place my next order and see how that does in the mix of everything

Added 167g star eagle x, 170g champ eagle x, 170g pro leopard, and a 170ish g MOLS. Got rid of the comet and z challenger. Likening the bag now and don't really feel like I have any holes in it may try a QOLS for longer leopard lines. Will be moving up to wraith speed discs when I can get the PDs and OLS out to 400ft regularly

Played a quick 9 holes today with some buddy, took a small bag with just challengers, pig, rocs, eagle X's, and preds. All and all I feel like I played just as well if not better with a small bag.

I think I'm gonna try and play a few more rounds with a small bag maybe try out leopards/teebirds instead of the Eagles just to see if I feel better with them.

For the future what molds would be longer then the PD but not destroyer speed? I'm thinking wraith/monster as a combo maybe? I just don't know much in that range I'm open to any company's.