• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where's Martin?

Played Idlewild and Lincoln ridge a few days ago (amazing), I played Holler in the Hills and Cedar Hill yesterday. Now I find myself heading in a Southwest direction, within a few days I should be in New Mexico/Phoenix area - probably with a stop through Texas.

Cedar Hill's the best in Nashville, IMO, but how did you like Holler in the Hills?

Played Idlewild and Lincoln ridge a few days ago (amazing), I played Holler in the Hills and Cedar Hill yesterday. Now I find myself heading in a Southwest direction, within a few days I should be in New Mexico/Phoenix area - probably with a stop through Texas.

When you're in Phoenix check out Papago DGC in Mouer Park, it's a really different disc golf experience with a desert feel and a neat little stream that runs through the original 9. I haven't played the new 9 yet, but if they're like the original holes it's a fun and different round.

Martin was in Humble, TX tonight. He and his traveling companions, stopped at my place for dinner. We wanted to play real disc golf, but the weather is cold and rainy, so we played Disc Golf on the Play Station 3. Had a good time, and I got an ace on the Ice course hole #1. Pissed my stepson off because its his playstation and he wanted to be the first to get an ace on his game.

We had a good dinner, and good conversation. Martin is a cool guy to hang out with and play disc golf with, so if he is in your area, invite him to hang out for a few hours.

^ Thanks again MB, had a great time last night, it's always great visiting with you when I'm in the area.

When you're in Phoenix check out Papago DGC in Mouer Park, it's a really different disc golf experience with a desert feel and a neat little stream that runs through the original 9. I haven't played the new 9 yet, but if they're like the original holes it's a fun and different round.

The tourney plays through Popago (27 holes on sunday), and Buffalo Ridge (27 Holes on saturday), so yeah - I'll play through Popago at least twice, I'm looking forward to it.

Hello. Welcome to the site. It is fun here. Enjoy.

Sincerely,
BroD.

Obviously Brooklyn decided she wanted to join the site - I doubt you'll see much of her around here, but she enjoyed meeting everyone so much that she decided to step into the madness (I hope we can be accepting of her even though she doesn't play the game).

I updated my blog today, which includes photos from the Summit match in Chicago with a grip of folks from here, Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge, Holler in the Hills and Cedar Hill, and other things not involving disc golf. http://buskingtheworld.com/blog/?p=936

Currently I sit in Tucson, AZ, tomorrow I'll be in Phoenix to play the courses prepping for the Cactus Championships this weekend.

im an avid backpacker and have done the Boss(boulder outdoor survival school) 28 day field course. Now when i backpack i always bring a disc. usually a putter or mid. A deep putter is the way to go. you can throw it obviously, use it to put water in. i have collected berries in it. use it as a plate. if your making a tinder bundle you can use it to catch roughed up Burch bark, pine needles, or any dry material for making tinder. i want to try it to top off pots to trap heat in. bring a boss and use it to kill a tree squirrel (probably harder than hitting an ace).

Back off into the mountains for a month. This time I'm bringing a putter (wizard) and a Buzzz, a month straight of practicing putts and maybe some bombs off the top of a mountain :D.

Have a great summer all, happy discing!

I never checked out your blog or pics until now but just realized we met in Milford at Am Nats. Small world haha! Safe and adventurous travels man.

Awesome, did we come across each other at BG Ams? I'm still trying to figure out if I met anyone else from here at Am Nats, and who Dstearns is because apparently I met him too.

I love the DG community, it's very small, (the small world) I see the same people at BG that I saw in NOLA, and then run into the same people in Michigan and everybody asks me where Forest is, and then we all party all night.

Peace out Y'all, off into the mountains for another month. Off to play some of my favorite courses - the object courses that nobody else will ever play, and that I will only ever play once. I'll be back on the road bagging courses by the end of July. West coasters, I'm hoping to be heading your direction.

Latest posts