• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Brand of Bag do you Carry?

Which Brand of Bag do you Carry?

• Ching

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DGA

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • FADE

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Gateway

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Gorilla Boy

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Innova

Votes: 69 33.8%
  • Lightning

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • PDGA

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Revolution

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • Other: Phenix, Disc Player, Latitude, NutSac, Discraft, Golfmate, etc.

Votes: 19 9.3%

• Total voters
Fade fans here. 1 Crunch Box and 2 Tourneys in the household. All are holding up very well to almost daily rounds and much abuse last fall, this spring, and much of the winter.

In contrast, our Innova starter bag lasted about 2 months.

Mine's the PDGA standard. Ten discs, water bottle, score pad, sharpie, and I don't feel like I'm carting around the kitchen sink.

I settled on the golfmate bag carried at Academy. It has 3 separate compartments each capable of holding about 6 disks, a putter holder which holds two putters, a zippered pouch, great for keys, phone, wallet, etc., and an additional velcroed thin pouch inside on of the compartments great for scorecards and pencils. I like that it has two plastic inserts which make it hard sided on two sides. A friend has the lightning starter bag and it just folds over. Luckily I came across this bag as I was close to ordering the lightning bag myself.

I just purchased a Gorilla Boy. The small one with the single drink holder. (Spider or squirrel monkey)

The putter pocket is too small. (Hard to get the putter in and out)

The main compartment is tapered so that large discs don't fit in the front. (Again hard to get discs in and out)

The strap is short. (Making reaching for a disc awkward)

Other than those design mistakes, I like the layout of the bag. I also sold it after one round.

shoot dude. Wish I could have bought it off of you for a travel bag. The putter pocket just needed broken in. When I first got the chimp the pocket was tight. Now that its broken in I can keep two in there and slid either out easily enough.

shoot dude. Wish I could have bought it off of you for a travel bag. The putter pocket just needed broken in. When I first got the chimp the pocket was tight. Now that its broken in I can keep two in there and slid either out easily enough.

I should have said, I have it sold after one round. Knowing the guy who wants it, the bag will not leave my hand till I see his payment.

FWIW, I've contacted Chris at Gorilla boy to give him a shot at it. If things don't work out, I'll keep you in mind.

As for breaking in the pocket, it's been sitting for two days with a disc wrapped in newspaper wedged in it. I'll be back in the office tonight to check it.

I just don't think Fade has a very manly logo...

I have an Innova completion bag. Red & grey.

Well, it's like a disc golf acquaintance of mine Mr. Goomis says, "When it comes down to it, you're just throwing plastic circles around the woods." I don't think manly camo is gonna cover up the fact that I'm throwing hot pink discs around.

The logo does look like something a 3rd grader designed, though.

Not a very helpful poll. most pros use Revolution, with some big names also using Phenix or Gorilla Boy. None of those are on the poll. (personally, I have a Gorilla Boy). A lot of newer players are going for the affordable FADE bags.

Discraft -- from what I recall -- doesn't really push the couple of bags they have, and I don't know anyone who uses one.

Change the poll options to expand it to reflect actual bag options and you'll have a much more helpful poll.

Closed this other thread, and created this one with an updated poll with more options.

Multiple choice poll for those of you with more than one bag. Some people have a large Tourney bag and a smaller casual play bag.

Last edited:
Well, it's like a disc golf acquaintance of mine Mr. Goomis says, "When it comes down to it, you're just throwing plastic circles around the woods." I don't think manly camo is gonna cover up the fact that I'm throwing hot pink discs around.

The logo does look like something a 3rd grader designed, though.
I thought those were your "bubblegum" or "breast awareness" discs.

Ive got a Fade tourney bag which is nice. but then recently bought the smallest of the Fade bags- I like the minimalist approach and i felt pretty lame hauling 20+ discs around when my buddies had 3-5 discs each.

I thought those were your "bubblegum" or "breast awareness" discs.
Pretty sure that's supposed to be "breast cancer awareness"....
little_pink_ribbon.jpg

i started with a lightning bag, pretty crappy but got the job done, then found a used Innova bag at Play it Again back in college, and a few years ago my now wife bought me a Revolution bag for my birthday, with some Gateway Quads...i think when that wears out in 15-20 years I might go with Gorilla boy

i don't know ... breast awarness sounds pretty important too :p

It is, my breast awareness was poor during HS, in college it improved so I had to get rid of my man boobs.:p

Latest posts