• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Brand of Bag do you Carry?

Which Brand of Bag do you Carry?

• Ching

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DGA

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • FADE

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Gateway

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Gorilla Boy

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Innova

Votes: 69 33.8%
  • Lightning

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • PDGA

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Revolution

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • Other: Phenix, Disc Player, Latitude, NutSac, Discraft, Golfmate, etc.

Votes: 19 9.3%

• Total voters
Other. Homemade.

I got a duffle/travel bag at a sales conference back in 2000 when I started playing more seriously. It is about 10x10x18, has two zippered end pockets and a zippered side pocket. I built an internal frame with dividers and insulated one of the end pockets for a cooler, and the other end holds the 2 putters I carry. I put Phenix QuadShocks on it (had loops in the perfect positions). The logo on it even looks like a disc blasting off. I can carry at least 18 discs in it, but I usually only carry 10-14 depending on the course.

It has held up for 9 years! I could never justify paying $80-120 for a comparable bag when this one was free and cost me <$5 to outfit. Only downside is that I am not as cool as the namebrand people. :)

Last edited:
I use the Innova Competition Bag. I have been very pleased with this product. I also use the Innova BackSaver straps, a welcome addition for sure!

Right there with ya, since Hero took over making Innova's Competition Bag and backstraps their quality has gone way up. I also have a Revolution Mini Bag and love it for days when I dont want to carry a bunch of discs.

I had the innova standard and have now moved up to my pride and joy disccarrier.... still bust out the standard at my home course though

FADE gear all the way! Some colors may look crazy/stupid but I have the blue/blue tourney bag and think it looks great and works better than it looks!

outdoor products

I have an outdoor products bag. It's actually my second version of the bag. I got the first one because it is a hydration pack, with a 2 liter bladder. I then found that my discs fit in it open pocket pretty well. That one started to get old after five years so I went to look at getting a new one and they had changed the design a bit, but it actually fits the discs better. It can hold 10-12 discs, beverage of choice and more depending on how you carry or wear it. Check out the bag - http://www.outdoorproducts.com/proddetail.aspx?sku=598U

Revolution bag from the first year or two they started making them. Holds about 17-18 discs, bag is tougher than nails. With quads, it's all I'll ever need.

I use a Red Revolution Carolina bag. I have My dads Army patch with my last name on it, a hug lab thing, a NCSU thing, and my local clubs logo patch sewn onto it. :D

I've had the same Golfmate bag since I started playing about 5 years ago. I'm happy to say my wife just bought me a new Fade Tourney Bag and some Phenix Quad Shock straps for father's day. (There may have been a few disc golf center windows left open to the appropriate items, when she got on the computer :D)

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself with all this new luxury!

I've had the same Golfmate bag since I started playing about 5 years ago. I'm happy to say my wife just bought me a new Fade Tourney Bag and some Phenix Quad Shock straps for father's day. (There may have been a few disc golf center windows left open to the appropriate items, when she got on the computer :D)

If you are going to a Golfmate to that, you are going from a "crappy car" to a Cadillac

I have a Fade Crunch and am thinking of upgrading to the Fade Tourney Black Hole

Enjoy, the backstraps make everything so much better.

If you are going to a Golfmate to that, you are going from a "crappy car" to a Cadillac

Seriously - It's kid in the candy store time. The golfmate bag never was really bad, of course I never thought my 91' 4-speed hatchback Plymouth Colt was bad either! However, just like the car - I'm glad I had crap to begin with - makes me appreciate the good stuff that much more! :D

Seriously - It's kid in the candy store time. The golfmate bag never was really bad, of course I never thought my 91' 4-speed hatchback Plymouth Colt was bad either! However, just like the car - I'm glad I had crap to begin with - makes me appreciate the good stuff that much more! :D

I have been playing for two years with a single strap, and I hope to tomorrow to get the Backsaver straps for Father's day

Ive got a Revo Team Carolina bag. Absolutely one of the best disc golf purchases I've ever made. 2+ years on it and it still looks like new. Im not exactly easy on my gear either.
Its got lots o room to. I usually carry a bunch of discs, towels, every thing thats normally in my pockets, a couple liters of water, sun block, bug spray, paper tape, extra socks, etc... I dont pack light.

Ive heard they are guaranteed for life also. I think its worth the money to have a sweet bag for life. Heres a pic of my baby!
DSC00266.jpg

Fade blue on blue tourney bag with navy Phenix Quad Shocks straps. I definitely love it.

Can anyone who currently has had a fade tourney bag for awhile tell me how durable it is and how easy it rips or tears. I am thinking of purchasing one (new) with Phenix Quad Shocks (new) for a $70 bundle. Is it worth it?

Latest posts